Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

Tooj

We've had the big increase from the last deal I think when TV money went up £20-30 million (that was included in the last financial report from 2007-2008).  I've got no idea what the latest deal is or when it kicks in.  But it must be a while from now because I think 2007-2008 was the first year of the last big TV deal.

Excellent, if we all use the phrase rolled back instead of reduced we can pretend this hasn't happened and continue to complain!  What a plan!

Why should we give them kudos for effectively upping prices for twelve months?

They aren't doing this for us, they're doing this for them. They need bums on seats. The fact all they have done is roll back prices to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch is utter gash and the country is in the depths of a financial clusterfuck is hardly admirable.

I hate to say it but Quinn, Short and who ever else is in charge down the road have got it spot on. Their reductions to all are fairly substantial and they're selling season tickets for under 16's at £19 a pop. That's what Ashley should be doing if he wants to get bums on seats, not fobbing us off with lame offers.

The whole £19 season ticket is nonsense. I'd be appalled if there was ever a £19 season ticket at SJP. Why the fuck would anyone sell a seat for a season for less than it would cost to fill for 1 game v Mackems for example. Not to mention the 'big 4' rolling into Toon. Makes for financial suicide.

Excellent, if we all use the phrase rolled back instead of reduced we can pretend this hasn't happened and continue to complain!  What a plan!

Why should we give them kudos for effectively upping prices for twelve months?

They aren't doing this for us, they're doing this for them. They need bums on seats. The fact all they have done is roll back prices to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch is utter gash and the country is in the depths of a financial clusterfuck is hardly admirable.

I hate to say it but Quinn, Short and who ever else is in charge down the road have got it spot on. Their reductions to all are fairly substantial and they're selling season tickets for under 16's at £19 a pop. That's what Ashley should be doing if he wants to get bums on seats, not fobbing us off with lame offers.

The whole £19 season ticket is nonsense. I'd be appalled if there was ever a £19 season ticket at SJP. Why the f*** would anyone sell a seat for a season for less than it would cost to fill for 1 game v Mackems for example. Not to mention the 'big 4' rolling into Toon. Makes for financial suicide.

Not really, you have to have 1 adult ticket with one of the U16s tickets so basically they are getting cash in that way and only filling the empty seats they had left over. The cost is £3m to the club apparently. Now when all of these U16s hit 17, if the club is doing ok they will stick with the club and the club very easily makes its money back.

how about if they try to keep the fans coming by actually showing a bit of ambition?

Silly idea apparently. They expect fans to turn up anyway.

nail on head again. They should have done a bit of easy research.

Sorry if this point has already been made but the season only finishes a few days before the end of May. Suppose we do get relegated, are they planning on cutting the prices again? What happens if you have already signed up to the new prices by then? I know that you get 23 games in the championship but people will want to be paying championship prices.

Other clubs get treated as some kind of modern day Robin Hood figures when they cut prices.  Ours as just the opposite.  I know much of this is of their own making but they are truely damned if they do/ don't aren't they?  I think this is great news personally, how it could be construed as anything but is beyond me.

Based on what?  Give me an argument Krusty.

Your first statement Coco.

This was my first statement:

"Who says there'll be losses?  If this move gets attendances up to around 50,000 there would be no loss from this season."

What's so bad about it?

I meant this one "Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns."

Aye, well done then they also announce that Kinnear will be staying on if his health is ok which they except it will be.

Give with one hand take with the other.

And tbh i would pay more for a season ticket if i knew we would get some progress.  And by progress i dont mean finishing 3rd or summik daft like that.

So if we buy a few £20m players in summer, then have to put the price up to cover the cost, you wouldn't start a thread on here stating that they're not managing the club correctly?

You'd be one of the first to complain tbh.

Guest toonlass

Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't fucking make it up, some of you are clowns.

You're taking the piss right? I committed to buying mine and the bairns season ticket for 3 years at a price that had I not committed to last year I could have got anyway. No discounts for the loyests fans of all, what a load of shite!

Tyne Tees Television reported recently on Saint Niall Quinn once again being holier than Mother Theresa when he revealed plans to reduce prices and give incentives for fans to buy tickets for next season. He was doing something great for football and their supporters. (SOS -capacity 48,000 - on occasions about 70% full for league games).

Tonight TTTV reports Newcastle United offering reduced prices and incentives for next season's tickets (SJP capacity 52,000 - at worst seldom less than 90% full ) reported cynically as a move which has been forced upon them by poor performances both on and off the field.

Why is our local media so biased towards Sunderland ?

Newcastle drop season ticket prices, Newcastle fans complain, couldn't f***ing make it up, some of you are clowns.

You're taking the piss right? I committed to buying mine and the bairns season ticket for 3 years at a price that had I not committed to last year I could have got anyway. No discounts for the loyests fans of all, what a load of s****!

Me too, and I guess thousands of others as well.

They had to do something and we'd hope the loyalty of those who coughed up 3 years in advance will not go unnoticed.

I would expect some free beer vouchers, cup tickets or something to be coming our way.

while i'm happy to be paying less for my ticket i still feel they could've went further than the 9%, afterall as people are saying we are only going back to last seasons after the clubs unjustified raise of prices in the summer, something like a 15% cut would've been better although i still can't see that stopping thousands from not renewing.

If we really are following the Aston Villa model, why not follow there prices, adult tickets in the North stand lower, the old way end are £295 next season and thats cos they've increased it by £30!!  the most expensive ST at Villa Park is £510.  This is the club we are meant to be, the one that also had a net spend of £76m in the last 4 seasons while we've spent sod all!!