Dropping into the bottom three

The Prophet

One thing is clear, we all need to stand firm and together over this.  We have 11 games to save our premiership status.  That means everyone needs to be doing all they can to make results happen.

Whilst we cannot control what goes on behind the scenes, or to an extent on the field, we can still support the team.

Now is not the time to be worrying about how big the transfer budget is in the summer or the motives of the NUSC, but more about getting the results we need to be safe.

Whilst on paper we are starring at 3 pointless home games, they really do not get much bigger than the next three home games. 

Time to give the team monumental support (and the management) and fight for every point we can.

:clap:

Exactly.

Guest toonlass

One thing is clear, we all need to stand firm and together over this.  We have 11 games to save our premiership status.  That means everyone needs to be doing all they can to make results happen.

Whilst we cannot control what goes on behind the scenes, or to an extent on the field, we can still support the team.

Now is not the time to be worrying about how big the transfer budget is in the summer or the motives of the NUSC, but more about getting the results we need to be safe.

Whilst on paper we are starring at 3 pointless home games, they really do not get much bigger than the next three home games. 

Time to give the team monumental support (and the management) and fight for every point we can.

The atmosphere needs to white hot at all remaining home games regardless of how shite we're playing.

:clap:

The atmosphere needs to white hot at all remaining home games regardless of how shite we're playing.

It most certainly does. You know for a fact it won't be though.

It most certainly does. You know for a fact it won't be though.

I think it could be tasty towards the back end of the season when people wake up and realise we have a part to play.

Keep the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea at bay for long enough and I generally think the crowd will be on-side. As long as we don't roll over and embarrass ourselves I think the matches could be lively.

Wish I could get to them. Hull (a) is about as good as I can manage!

If we beat Hull i think we'll get something at home to Arsenal. Similar things happened last year; we undeserbedly lost away to Blackburn and had Arsenal at home a week later. The atmosphere was absolutely fantastic that night, and we performed brilliantly - got a cracking result in the grand scheme of things, too. L'Arse have been a bit shaky up here, not all that convincing. And when you consider we may have a few figures back for that, the crowd could be well up for it and we might nick something.

I thought Allardyce had turned it around at that point, actually. :undecided:

Four points from the next three games would leave me satisfied i think, given the opposition. I think it probably would do if we were sat comfortably in the Top 6, aswell. So we'll have done well to achieve that. We must beat Hull. I kinda hope they win their next game; cos it's usually the likes of us that stops teams rots. :lol:

We were part of the bottom three fo a while and have enver really created a gap between us and the bottom, non of that seemed to wake Ashley & Co up and I still do not think it will this time onc we go back into the drop zone.

Its not just injuris that are killing us its the clueless managment team doing the most harm, we are at real risk of going down and only serious action on the manager front done now can save us from the drop. That won't happen so expect a massive depression come the end of the season followed by more depression as we see a mass exidus of our top players.

Guest Sniffer

Unless hughton finally understands that the nigerian duo up front are shite then we will go down. I said last summer if ameobi is anywhere near the first team then we'd be in a relegation battle and that's exactly what's happened. Unless we get Owen back and he can chip in a few goals then I believe we will go down. Sad to say but I'm not sure we really  deserve to stay up anyway given the absurd decisions made at the club.

Can anybody remember the last time gutierrez had a shot on target? Is he told under no circumstances must he have a dig at goal?

• 3 weeks later...

Lets hope the players aren't feeling the same lads. Its not over yet we never expected to beat Arsenal or Chelsea

You're right. In the same way as the smogs weren't expected to beat Liverpool, nor Portsmouth to beat Everton or Stoke to get anything at Villa or beat City. Yet they all did. Everyone else has pulled the rabbit out of the hat yet we haven't. Game over!

Lets hope the players aren't feeling the same lads. Its not over yet we never expected to beat Arsenal or Chelsea

You're right. In the same way as the smogs weren't expected to beat Liverpool, nor Portsmouth to beat Everton or Stoke to get anything at Villa or beat City. Yet they all did. Everyone else has pulled the rabbit out of the hat yet we haven't. Game over!

We haven't yet. Maybe Chelsea or maybe not. But I think that another 10 points will see us safe that is possible.

Makes my blood boil that Keegan left and we didn't get a real manager in but got :kinnear:.  And then when :kinnear: got sick and we had our final chance to get in somebody who could possibly keep us up, Big Mike tried to save a few pennies and left it to a couple of jokers instead of getting a real manager.

Our survival depends on how the players react to being down there; it's either a huge kick up the arse or a huge downer. Personally I reckon the latter, this lot simply don't fucking care. They know they'll get a cushy contract somewhere else.

This is absolutely the worst year for a team like ours to go down. We have a few national team players and a few possible national team players that we rely upon in our squad. A desire to appear in the World Cup would take precedence over any affection or loyalty they may feel for the club or it's fans.

Our survival depends on how the players react to being down there; it's either a huge kick up the arse or a huge downer. Personally I reckon the latter, this lot simply don't fucking care. They know they'll get a cushy contract somewhere else.

Aye, I can't see them 'digging in' etc. Pile of shite

The worrying thing is this squad has so little fight in them. All the teams around us bar maybe Boro have got genuine fight in them and will give it their all. We need Barton back and hopefully playing well, at least we know he has some fight in him....

I still can't believe that we are fighting relegation and Oba took a penalty on his wrong foot. I am honestly astounded by that.

The worrying thing is this squad has so little fight in them. All the teams around us bar maybe Boro have got genuine fight in them and will give it their all. We need Barton back and hopefully playing well, at least we know he has some fight in him....

I still can't believe that we are fighting relegation and Oba took a penalty on his wrong foot. I am honestly astounded by that.

He's two-footed. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? :lol:

In my memory, he's taken five penalties for us.

Reading, home - scored. Right foot.

Everton, away - missed. Right foot.

Zulte Waregem, away - scored. Right foot.

Birmingham, home - scored. Right foot.

Arsenal, home - missed. Right foot.

Get a grip man, fucking hell.

Guest Heneage

Sod which foot why was he even taking one. He has the worst style of penalty I've seen in a good while. Give it to Nolan or even Steven Taylor, he took some beauties for the U21's with a bad leg.

Yesterdays result (and the Chelsea one to come) are relatively immaterial - 99% of us didn't/don't think we'd get anything anyway.

The games against Portsmouth, Boro, Fulham however are another kettle of fish - fail to win all three and we're knackered.