U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s a classless man which is always the first sign of a w***** for me. At a talk in he claimed SBR said after the Germany simi-final that they all cost him a knighthood. Thankfully he got jeered for that and tried to laugh it off. Joke or no joke it was in extreme bad taste. He said KK couldn’t be trusted with money and when things got tough he quit. He didn’t like it when I took him to task on that, I got told to sit down. He also said Hughton was brought in to keep an eye on KK. He also could barely contain himself with regards to his time at Liverpool and at Curtis’ testimonial match at Gateshead he stormed off at full time and had to be reminded of the occasion, sulking back to shake peoples hands. Other NUFC staff and some players came upstairs to the corporate end to meet and greet. Not Beardsley. No doubt the match was beneath him and the players of Gateshead. Just like those youngsters his job is to help develop. There is lots more as well. Great footballer, one of the best. NUFC icon, but not a legend for me. Shearer is a legend, KK et al. Beardsley couldn’t wait to leave and if you ask him who he supports today it’s Liverpool (in private) and always has been. When he wasn’t supporting Man Utd as a kid anyway. He came back and KK rejuvenated his career, yes he was good, but Nobby is a bigger legend, so to Rob Lee and Gary Speed and many others, in my eyes anyway. Good riddance.

Guest Howaythetoon

There must be something intrinsically wrong with you to be bullied by quasimodos less attractive brother.

Impressionable youngsters or young men trying to forge a career for themselves at the club and in the game with one of England and NUFC’s highest regarded players in the last however many years basically in charge of said careers. Bullying in the work place is quite common and easily disregarded as banter. I imagine in football it’s rife and given the nature of the game, can destroy a player’s career and much more. Shame on him if all true of course...

There must be something intrinsically wrong with you to be bullied by quasimodos less attractive brother.

Impressionable youngsters or young men trying to forge a career for themselves at the club and in the game with one of England and NUFC’s highest regarded players in the last however many years basically in charge of said careers. Bullying in the work place is quite common and easily disregarded as banter. I imagine in football it’s rife and given the nature of the game, can destroy a player’s career and much more. Shame on him if all true of course...

I was basically making fun of the odious cunt for doing it but yes I agree, this culture of #bantz needs to change, young impressionable teenagers who are desperate for a career and are easily cajoled into ganging up on a weak link. It isn't acceptable and needs stamping out. If he is guilty of it then send him down the fucking river. It's just ironic that someone that looks like that can bully anyone, tosser.

I am just back from spending the day at the academy as a guest of Pedro with my two girls. The reserves have a game tomorrow night so were in for 90mins this morning for a light session and it was full of smiles, laughing and generally all the players seem to get on well with him and the other coaches.

I admit, Peter Beardsley is a hero of mine as a player but I could not have been more impressed with him as a man today. He sat with us for a total of 2 hours talking to my girls about their football, favourite players, their education and future careers etc.

I twice tried to say we had took enough of his time and let him get back to work but he was brilliant and the morning actually ended with him insisting on driving us back into the town centre rather than getting the metro. He has since replied to my email this afternoon wishing the girls luck etc and again, I cant speak highly enough of him.

To balance that, I wasn't overly impressed with the coaching or the facilities. Peter oversees things but doesn't do a lot himself. I also got the feeling that he isn't comfortable dealing with players parents and/or agents. That is not a strength of his and he clearly doesn't enjoy it much. I appreciate this is the second such complaint and I don't doubt there is something in it, as in he's not got great people skills. I also remember him leaving the club for Liverpool and he could have done that better but he's not the only one to do that. Back then the club ownership was just as rotten as it is now.

I saw an odd headline yesterday were he seems to have praised fat Sam again. My thinking (hope) is that his relationship with Ashley means he knows big changes are coming soon and he is maybe thinking of a move to Everton.

Most people seem to say he's been great whenever they have met him but accept his coaching / man management skills are no where near his playing skills were. I don't get the hatred spouted by some though. He didn't need to do what he did for me and my girls today and it is a day that none of us will ever forget.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was basically making fun of the odious c*** for doing it but yes I agree, this culture of #bantz needs to change, young impressionable teenagers who are desperate for a career and are easily cajoled into ganging up on a weak link. It isn't acceptable and needs stamping out. If he is guilty of it then send him down the f***ing river. It's just ironic that someone that looks like that can bully anyone, tosser.

You bully, making fun of him!

Nah you’re right. In football especially when many of the youngsters will be a long way from home or even country and have language barriers, it must be extremely tough and the whole ladz/bantz culture of the football environment could be very damaging. Fair enough fellow players, but coaches and management? Nah. That’s an abuse of your power, status and role. Duty of care etc.

For his sake, I hope it’s unfounded as much as a I dislike him because it will cost him dearly. Sadly this is just another episode of just how badly we are run at that level and how badly we need to change as a club in terms of how we operate at that level. I’ve seen youth clubs ran more professionally. It’s embarrassing!

I could say a few things about our academy like... needs rebooted from top to bottom.

I was basically making fun of the odious c*** for doing it but yes I agree, this culture of #bantz needs to change, young impressionable teenagers who are desperate for a career and are easily cajoled into ganging up on a weak link. It isn't acceptable and needs stamping out. If he is guilty of it then send him down the f***ing river. It's just ironic that someone that looks like that can bully anyone, tosser.

Nah you’re right. In football especially when many of the youngsters will be a long way from home or even country and have language barriers, it must be extremely tough and the whole ladz/bantz culture of the football environment could be very damaging. Fair enough fellow players, but coaches and management? Nah. That’s an abuse of your power, status and role. Duty of care etc.

For his sake, I hope it’s unfounded as much as a I dislike him because it will cost him dearly. Sadly this is just another episode of just how badly we are run at that level and how badly we need to change as a club in terms of how we operate at that level. I’ve seen youth clubs ran more professionally. It’s embarrassing!

I could say a few things about our academy like... needs rebooted from top to bottom.

One way or another I think his days are numbered with the take over. Clearly something has crossed a line, whether that be workplace bantz that shouldn't happen round kids tbf or something more serious I'm guessing it'll all come out in the wash. However you are correct, our youth training facilities are an absolute joke, when was the last time we produced a quality player that was a household name? Just another rotten root in a dying tree and something Rafa will be keen to change with a bit of financial backing.

Are the Girls white?

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it many times, he's the best player I've ever seen play for Newcastle and I absolutely loved him as a player. I can't say that I've ever had any reason to think he was anything more than a decent bloke, but it's definitely into no smoke without fire territory now, I couldn't care less if he's a good coach or not, they're obviously separate issues.