U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Howaythetoon

Hopefully the end of Beardsley at our club. Get someone in who can actually coach and do a good job at that level.

I love ,Beardsley ... as a player, but has done FA as an academy/reserves coach and in fact has been a failure. I'd rather get someone brought in by Rafa. Give it to Cathro, he'll be sacked soon enough by Hearts.

We ran out of steam in the second half last night, despite having the better first half. The keeper should've done better with both goals, especially the second. Some of the subs that came on did far more going forward than those they replaced and we looked far more dangerous once they were on. Unfortunately we were pretty much toothless in the final third.

We ran out of steam in the second half last night, despite having the better first half. The keeper should've done better with both goals, especially the second. Some of the subs that came on did far more going forward than those they replaced and we looked far more dangerous once they were on. Unfortunately we were pretty much toothless in the final third.

Pretty much. In the 2nd half the delivery was awful, no one was able to make a cross, and when they did it was straight at the keeper. Everyone else wanted to cut in and by the time they did the space in the middle had been closed.

• 3 weeks later...

.cock -

Youngsters Jamie Holmes, Stefan Broccoli and Ben Smith will also depart, along with Academy players Gideon Adu-Peprah and Daniel Lowther.

Meanwhile, the club has offered new professional contracts to midfielders Sean Longstaff, Dan Ward and Jack Hunter, goalkeeper Paul Woolston, defender Michael Newberry and forwards Tom Heardman and Luke Charman.

Scholars Yannick Aziakonou, Owen Bailey, Owen Gallacher, Nathan Harker, Mackenzie Heaney, Ben Kitchen, Oliver Long, Lewis McNall, Callum Smith, Craig Spooner have also been offered new deals.

Joining the Academy on two-year scholarships are Max Allen, Ryan Barrett, Thomas Cole, Sam Joyce, Deese Kasinga Madia and Jack Young.

Cant believe Broccoli has been released, he was my favourite named player.

Bet he's steamed about it.

Not surprised, he'd gone off the boil last time I watched him for the reserves, didn't look interested.

• 3 weeks later...