U23s & Academy

Skirge

To be fair if was load Sunderland fans in and i scored I would do whatever I could to wind them up.  Could hear our fans all game and so could the players so fair play :)

If it was the first team. :lol:

Otherwise I’d skulk back to halfway and get on with it.

Yeah man hes trying to wind up the fans I love it it.  I bet he got instant heat from the away support

Guest covmag

Thought we more than held our own first half but you could tell the kids put so much into it that they were knackered at the break so I expected the goals to come.Our keeper had a mare but in general I thought it was about right result wise.

Some great chants tonight and the “ he’s got cheesy chips on his head “ one was a classic .

The Johnson song in cringey as fuck and I didn’t join in .Hardly saw a mackem all night, no riots, no seat smashing in fact our fans were impeccable  O0

The singing was tremendous , watching the Mackems having to sit through 90mins of piss taking was funny as fuck, weird night in truth.

No regrets at going, enjoyed it  O0

Thought we more than held our own first half but you could tell the kids put so much into it that they were knackered at the break so I expected the goals to come.Our keeper had a mare but in general I thought it was about right result wise.

Some great chants tonight and the “ he’s got cheesy chips on his head “ one was a classic .

The Johnson song in cringey as fuck and I didn’t join in .Hardly saw a mackem all night, no riots, no seat smashing in fact our fans were impeccable  O0

The singing was tremendous , watching the Mackems having to sit through 90mins of piss taking was funny as fuck, weird night in truth.

No regrets at going, enjoyed it  O0

Kids told me about that one when i picked them up, great chant. When the Metro stopped at the SOL on the way home they said only one Mackem tried to get on. He gently got launched back onto the platform :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our kids were the underdogs, but usually in cup competitions being the underdogs comes with certain perks which make upsets more likely. The favourites may be complacent, field a weakened team, not genuinely want to progress, they may have a more important match on their mind, their support may be disinterested or simply not turn up. In this case, our kids were the underdogs but none of this applied, because it was one of the most important games of their season and one they absolutely couldn't lose even if they have no interest in the competition.

Only saw the first half but for a kids team its much better for their development to actually have a go like they did than sit back and try to nick something. The coach seems to be doing a good job

Anyone know what the average ages were last night for both sides?

Not sure but I’d love to see the total senior appearances in each XI. One thing I’m seeing from them is it was their 17 year old kid who was the best player anyway. Must be easier to stand out like that when you have senior players like Ruiter, Ozturk, Maguire, McGeoch & Wyke around you who are just physically bigger & have more experience regardless of ability, than any of our team last night.

Looks like he ate an U23 on the way through to goal.

:lol: :lol:

The same player has now said in an interview that he helped give "bragging rights" to the Sunderland fans  :)

When their first team sunk to a level where they have to compete with big clubs' junior sides bragging rights were probably lost forever.