Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, well played. We expected it, but a decent performance, probably deserved a draw. Hopefully we'll take this attitude into the next match, and Hughton will stick with Oba and Lovinstuff.

What's funny is that if we play like this we could beat the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal as they have been extremely dodgy of late.

The question is will the right team selections be made?

It is absolutely vital to escape relegation this season.

Guest stjamestoon

not a bad result in the sense of the score line, had we been sitting pretty in 8th, this would of been ok, seeing as we are fucked, its still a loss, no points, and with stoke getting three, i think we are going down, although it hurts like fook.

Fizzy pop time

haha yeah.  It was the loss to manchester fucking united, the loss no one predicted, that's going to seal it for us.

why pick this, shitty and ugly a loss as it may have been, to use as the bellweather? 

Well played and if anything it'll push us on against Hull now. We were always gonna lose this so nothing's changed.

Potential of four points from the next two games. Three at the absolute minimum or we're fucked.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd rather lose by 5 to nil and feel devastated that we lost by so much than feel like I do now, that we deserved something after playing Manchester United, the feeling is sickening.

Think of it this way, its tight down the bottom, goal difference could keep us up.

Fizzy pop time

haha yeah.  It was the loss to manchester fucking united, the loss no one predicted, that's going to seal it for us.

why pick this, shitty and ugly a loss as it may have been, to use as the bellweather? 

The improving form of the other scrappers is much more of a worry, seeing as it's basically been their results that have kept us out of the relegation zone up to now.

If its not ridiculously childlike mistakes its players getting sent off, if its not players getting sent off its injurys, if its not injurys its pens against us.

Joke this season, after that performance we never deserved to lose like that.

I hope we'll keep this up...but seems we just raise our game for the harder sides. No doubt we'll be cack against hull again.

I don't know which game people were watching, but Alan Smith was absolute horseshit. Needs to be shot.

Also, Tayls, ffs, nothing to say. Just. Hurts.

Well played, lads, all in all. Great effort.

Guest icemanblue

What's funny is that if we play like this we could beat the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal as they have been extremely dodgy of late.

The question is will the right team selections be made?

It is absolutely vital to escape relegation this season.

As opposed to any other season? Idiot.