The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Killgallon and vaughan would be two great signings imo.

the latter has bags of potential, and I could see MK striking up a good partnership with saylor.

Add those two to lovenkrands and a couple of loans and we would be in decent shape.

wonder why we havent hit any of the free agents?

I really think michael ball would be a great signing.

Would like to see us try for Damien Plessis on loan from liverpool, would be just what we need in the middle of the park.

My scouse loving mates also rave about jay spearing, although I think he's right on fringe of first team so may be a non-starter

Not read through this thread, but anyone heard anything about Craig Cathcart? Apparently joining permanently...

Highly rated Plymouth centre half?

I'm worried about our lack of strikers more than anything.

Manchester United centre half. He was on loan.

Don't know much about him, expect he's a young, tall centre half. Pretty sure he played against Boca Juniors the other week.

I can see it happening, not sure about it being permanent though.

Not read through this thread, but anyone heard anything about Craig Cathcart? Apparently joining permanently...

Oh aye?

Just from a Man Utd supporting friend...would be pointless to lie about it I suppose. :lol:

off to argyle? their forum thinks so.

If 2 of them left, he'd be good, but with Smith, Guthrie, Nolan, Butt, Barton & Geremi all adequate for Championship level, we'd be a bit top heavy in that position when we need other areas.

• 1 month later...

skysports.com says this...

Malmo insist they have not been approached by Newcastle over Edward Ofere.

The Nigerian forward has been catching the eye of visiting scouts after a string of impressive displays in Sweden.

He has scored seven goals so far this season and Newcastle, along with North East rivals Middlesbrough, are said to be interested.

Reports in Sweden claim the Magpies are particularly showing a liking for 6ft 3in Ofere, who was capped by Nigeria earlier this year.

But Malmo insist they have not heard anything official from the St James' Park outfit.

"Newcastle will have to contact us so we can see what they have to offer," Malmo chairman Pelle Svensson told Fotbolldirekt.

"We haven't heard from Newcastle yet but it is easy to understand that the interest is big for him, even if it so far has been silent from interested clubs."

Understandable

Svensson admits he can understand why a number of clubs are taking a keen interest in Ofere.

"It doesn't surprise me at all. He is hot at the moment," said Ofere.

"Look what he has done during the autumn. He has scored more goals than he has had opportunities."

Reports suggest that Malmo will want around £2million for Ofere, who has a year left on his current contract.

"It could probably end in a good deal when the time is right," continued Svensson..

"But it's not sure that we sell him. He has contract with us over next season as well."

The current Swedish Allsvenskan season ends next month.

2 million?! That has to be some kind of joke. I understand he is a top scorer in Sweden, but so was Peter Ijeh, who was godawful. First of all there is no way in hell he gets a work permit. He 23 and has maybe 1 cap. I wouldn't mind us taking a risk on him, but for 2 million pounds, they can go screw themselves. It rubbish anyway.

2 million?! That has to be some kind of joke. I understand he is a top scorer in Sweden, but so was Peter Ijeh, who was godawful. First of all there is no way in hell he gets a work permit. He 33 and has maybe 1 cap. I wouldn't mind us taking a risk on him, but for 2 million pounds, they can go screw themselves. It rubbish anyway.

FYP

2 million?! That has to be some kind of joke. I understand he is a top scorer in Sweden, but so was Peter Ijeh, who was godawful. First of all there is no way in hell he gets a work permit. He 33 and has maybe 1 cap. I wouldn't mind us taking a risk on him, but for 2 million pounds, they can go screw themselves. It rubbish anyway.

FYP

:facepalm: