The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

I'm sure Shevchenko came off the bench for Chelsea against the mackems?

His wages were a reported £103,000 a week plus bonuses, so unless he's willing to divide those wages by 10 then somehow I don't see this being a goer.

Guest Heneage

Andrij Mykolajovyč Ševčenko released from Chelsea today, worth a punt?

Didn't know they'd released Sheva..

ahh who am I kidding. I don't care.

I was of the understanding he'd just been places on the transfer list.

Andrij Mykolajovyč Ševčenko released from Chelsea today, worth a punt?

Didn't know they'd released Sheva..

ahh who am I kidding. I don't care.

I was of the understanding he'd just been places on the transfer list.

According to a Chelsea forum I just read he hasn't been released but Ancelotti has pretty much said that he's out the door and he appears to be leaving for his first club Dynamo Kyiv... it was Dynamo right?

Vaughan would be a far better signing than Chopra. Yes please.

Chopra would play games though  :undecided:

I know he is fairly young and fighting for a place but he has still only played 38 games since breaking through in 2004!

I know he is fairly young and fighting for a place but he has still only played 38 games since breaking through in 2004!

He's spent literally about 2 solid years out of the game with various injuries though.

The fitness problems coupled with having established players in front of him has made it impossible to give him a run of games. He looked a very exciting prospect when he first came through but his more recent appearences have been less impressive tbh. I still think he'd do well in the Championship at least though and if he gets regular games under his belt he might improve again. Couldn't ask for a more tenacious player either.

Moyes supposedly rejected a few million from Stoke for Vaughan the other week so a loan could be plausible.

He's spent literally about 2 solid years out of the game with various injuries though.

The fitness problems coupled with having established players in front of him has made it impossible to give him a run of games. He looked a very exciting prospect when he first came through but his more recent appearences have been less impressive tbh. I still think he'd do well in the Championship at least though and if he gets regular games under his belt he might improve again. Couldn't ask for a more tenacious player either.

Moyes supposedly rejected a few million from Stoke for Vaughan the other week so a loan could be plausible.

I thought he was quality on the few times I have seen him (better than Anichebe) but he never seems to play.

I have a phobia of injury prone players.

I thought he was quality on the few times I have seen him (better than Anichebe) but he never seems to play.

Yeah, when both are on form I'd say Vaughan is better than Anichebe.

He just seems to be the unluckiest player around for injuries. It's not even a recurring problem, it's always something new. I saw Curtis Davies dislocated his shoulder the other week and still played the following game... when Vaughan dislocated his it was bad enough to keep him out for 6 months.

Yeah, when both are on form I'd say Vaughan is better than Anichebe.

He just seems to be the unluckiest player around for injuries. It's not even a recurring problem, it's always something new. I saw Curtis Davies dislocated his shoulder the other week and still played the following game... when Vaughan dislocated his it was bad enough to keep him out for 6 months.

To be fair Curtis Davies is a man god.

Looks like we should be getting a reinforcement or two both in midfield and upfront.

Buggered if I know who we are adding in defence, surely we have to?

Shittu on loan maybe? Would be a decent addition.

Lovenkrands, loan striker,

one/two loan midfielders,

hopefully two defenders but that seems bloody unlikely.

Think thats the very best we can hope for, dont see any permenant signings in the offing during this window.