Newcastle vs Arsenal Sat 21 17:30

Skirge

Harper

STaylor Colo Bassong Enrique

Raylor _____ Nolan ______ Jonas

Owen

Lovenkrands _ Martins

We simply can't drop (S) Taylor for this one,  there is no way Beye is match-fit at this point.  Also, Owen will have to start and I'd love to see him in the hole behind two pacey strikers helping pull the defence apart creating some space for Owen to either 1) shoot or 2) create something.  Nolan is a machine and can do the box-to-box and breaking up of the play.  ® Taylor plays for his set-piece skill and Jonas will scare the fuck out of Eboue down our left (and Enrique is just plain better with Jonas in front of him).

I reckon Arsenal will be confident as hell & we'll get destroyed.

I have far less confidence in this game than i did the man united one.

We rarely do that well against Arsenal, but do get the odd half decent result against united eveyr few years.

That's s****.  We certainly haven't lost against Arsenal at home in the league in the last 3 seasons

I reckon Arsenal will be confident as hell & we'll get destroyed.

I have far less confidence in this game than i did the man united one.

We rarely do that well against Arsenal, but do get the odd half decent result against united eveyr few years.

That's s****.  We certainly haven't lost against Arsenal at home in the league in the last 3 seasons

You're right just checked. I was under the impression they usually took us apart, probably confusing them with liverpool.

Still reckon they'll do us though.

Just our luck that all these teams come into form just before we play them.

Guest Stephen927

Most we can hope for is 1 point from the next possible 6.

Just hoping we don't get left behind and that other results go our way like yesterday.

having watched arshavin score that fab goal on motd, its looking slim for us.

Half the arsenal midfield is in my fantasy team; ie they pretty damn good!  it would be 4 but walcott and fabregas were injured!

CAnt see what amazing strategy hughton will employ to stiflle them. 

ITs all very painfull atmo!

Should be:

Harper

Saylor - Colo - Bassong - Enrique

Loven - Nolan - Guthrie - Jonas

Owen - Martins

Hughton will put out this team:

Harper

Saylor - Colo - Bassong - Enrique

Geremi - Smith - Butt - Duff

Ameobi - Owen

Don't see why we can't get something from this.

Probably the form of both teams.

Much like our respective forms last season and the season before ect, yet we've always held our own at home against Arsenal.

I'd like to see:

Harper

Beye  Colo  Bassong    Enrique

Jonas  Nolan  Guthrie  Duff

Owen  Martins

I realise injuries / fitness might prevent us fielding that team but we need to get as close to it as we possibly can. Plus I can't understand why we persist in playing Jonas on the left. People bitch and whinge when he fails to produce any end product on the left but the bloke's right footed. On the odd occasion he's popped up on the right his crossing's been OK.

Harper

S Taylor  Coloccini  B-Unit  Enrique

R Taylor  Nolan  Jonas    Duff

Oba  Love

Subs:

Owen

Krul

Geremi

Smith

Carroll

Butt

Shola

We need legs in the centre of midfield to get near to Arsenal, thinking about Butt or Geremi in there against Arsenal's passing makes me want to curl up and die.

Does anyone _honestly_ see Owen and Martins working? Not once did they link up as a pair against Hull, and I'm not going to expect it to work against Arsenal.

I'd love to see the 4-3-3 back, with Caroll in Viduka's role. Or perhaps Loven-Martins-Owen.

Does anyone _honestly_ see Owen and Martins working? Not once did they link up as a pair against Hull, and I'm not going to expect it to work against Arsenal.

I'd love to see the 4-3-3 back, with Caroll in Viduka's role. Or perhaps Loven-Martins-Owen.

you'd 'love' to see a team which would effectively revolve around Andy Caroll?

yeah, genius

Guest toonlass

We need to get right behind the team, hope that they have the balls to not let Arsenal walk all over them and put in a half decent performance that we can be proud of.

Guest Darth Toon

We'll put in a spirited performance and lose narrowly. Similar thing against Chelsea.

Then we'll go to Stoke and get outplayed and bullied to an easy defeat.