beye taylor bassong enrique

jonas guthrie nolan duff

loven martins

but it will be:

harper

taylor colo bassong enrique

geremi butt nolan jonas

owen martins

You'd pick Beye and Guthrie despite not actually knowing whether or not they're fit enough?

I'm also amazed by the number of people who want Beye in for Colo, with Taylor moving to the middle. Fair enough, he's not been too bad at right back, but he's looked shocking at centre half the last few times I've seen him there.

I would of thought with a week and a half worth of training Beye will be in contention to start this one which at last gives us the opportunity to drop our weakest defender by far this season in Coloccini and reward Steven Taylor's fine form by moving him across to his favored position.

I'd go...

Harper

S.Taylor  Bassong

Beye                        Enrique

Nolan  Butt

Duff                        Gutierrez

Owen  Martins

Subs - Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Smith,  R.Taylor, Coloccini, Krul.

I'm hoping to see an interesting name in our starting XI

That's cruel.

The tim-ing of that reply was perfect Dave

That's an odd turn of frase.

You Forstering an idea then James?

Lets not harp on about it.

I would of thought with a week and a half worth of training Beye will be in contention to start this one which at last gives us the opportunity to drop our weakest defender by far this season in Coloccini and reward Steven Taylor's fine form by moving him across to his favored position.

Taylor's only been dreadful at centre back this season, if he's going to be in the team then why would you take him out of the position where he's done his best work this season?

I disagree with the Coloccini point, but that isn't really what I'm getting at.

Guest toonlass

I'm hoping to see an interesting name in our starting XI

That's cruel.

The tim-ing of that reply was perfect Dave

That's an odd turn of frase.

You Forstering an idea then James?

Lets not harp on about it.

Shame that the starting XI wasn't a Given.

You'd pick Beye and Guthrie despite not actually knowing whether or not they're fit enough?

I'm also amazed by the number of people who want Beye in for Colo, with Taylor moving to the middle. Fair enough, he's not been too bad at right back, but he's looked shocking at centre half the last few times I've seen him there.

It's a kneejerk reaction to what are perceived to be Colo's one or two bad moments in a game which totally overshadow what he does right in some people's eyes. Personally I think we look a decent defensive unit with Bassong and Colo at the back and when Taylor is moved back into the centre of the defence we'll probably see what we have been missing (regular goals shipped against in two's and threes, crap marking and the rest).

It's a kneejerk reaction to what are perceived to be Colo's one or two bad moments in a game which totally overshadow what he does right in some people's eyes. Personally I think we look a decent defensive unit with Bassong and Colo at the back and when Taylor is moved back into the centre of the defence we'll probably see what we have been missing (regular goals shipped against in two's and threes, crap marking and the rest).

Yup. We have looked really solid at times when the back four was Beye, Colo, Bassong and Enrique. Shame we don't have a midfield capable of taking the pressure off them though.

Guest float one in

I agree with that. I feel more confident in Colo and Bassong than I have with any Newcastle central defence in a long time. They have both been caught out at times this season, more so Colo, but in terms of not expecting one of them to make a horrendous rick and gift the opposition a tap in (a la Titus) they compare very well with anything in recent memory. Even when Woodgate was here, and Titus was going through a spell of 7/8/9 games when he was absolutely faultless, you always knew that it was just a matter of time before he eventually airshotted a clearance and cost us a goal.

Main positive about S taylor right now is his attitude & the fact he can actually get goals.

Cant understand how we dont win more headers in attacking situations tbh. Butt doesnt go up for them anymore..no idea why not. Bassong is class defending them but cannot doesnt touch anything down the other end, dont understand it. Must be crap set piece training.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm afraid we have no chances with Arsenal, but IF we had one it would be with Coloccini, Geremi, Butt and Owen out, and Beye, R.Taylor, Nolan (or Guthrie: still haven't figured it out who the less worse...)and Lovenkrands in. Now we need the best quality players we have, but above all the fittest players. I hope to never see Coloccini on the pitch with our shirt on again...

Main positive about S taylor right now is his attitude & the fact he can actually get goals.

Cant understand how we dont win more headers in attacking situations tbh. Butt doesnt go up for them anymore..no idea why not. Bassong is class defending them but cannot doesnt touch anything down the other end, dont understand it. Must be crap set piece training.

Butt scored two in a friendly against Villareal once. He looked as surprised as anyone. I can work out why he doesn't go up for them.

I'm afraid we have no chances with Arsenal, but IF we had one it would be with Coloccini, Geremi, Butt and Owen out, and Beye, R.Taylor, Nolan (or Guthrie: still haven't figured it out who the less worse...)and Lovenkrands in. Now we need the best quality players we have, but above all the fittest players. I hope to never see Coloccini on the pitch with our shirt on again...

What the fuck? :lol:

Guest ItalianMagpie

What the f***? :lol:

Yep, I can't stand him anymore. I tryed to defend him after the first match (even because of the 11 millions we paid for him...), but now it's more than enough. He's a disaster, and he's contributing pretty much to our poor displaying. I'd rather like to see an Academy kid in his place, hoping that someone's going to take him off our squad next summer.

Guest ObaStar

anyone see the highlights from the arsenal - blackburn game? arshavin looked absolutely amazing. he will terrorize messrs. taylor, collocini

Butt scored two in a friendly against Villareal once. He looked as surprised as anyone. I can work out why he doesn't go up for them.

He hit the bar with one at Arsenal, and against Hull. That's more than most of our lot manage

He hit the bar with one at Arsenal, and against Hull. That's more than most of our lot manage

Didn't see the Hull one tbf, although I do remember Arsenal now you mention it - it was pretty much all we had to cheer that day. His direction of headers is reasonable, but he's pretty poor at getting on the end of them.

What the f***? :lol:

Yep, I can't stand him anymore. I tryed to defend him after the first match (even because of the 11 millions we paid for him...), but now it's more than enough. He's a disaster, and he's contributing pretty much to our poor displaying. I'd rather like to see an Academy kid in his place, hoping that someone's going to take him off our squad next summer.

Alright Vic?