Newcastle vs Arsenal Sat 21 17:30

Skirge

1-3 (Ryan Taylor free kick).

Our centre halves are key to this one and unfortunatley (imo), unless Bassong has a stonker, we will be torn asunder by the movement and guile of their midfield linking with their front men/man.

On a positive note.................. if he does have a stonker we can expect some cash heading our way in the summer.

A history lesson -

before we're history...

One year ago today, we went to Birmingham City for a Premier League game - the first of nine fixtures that

would ultimately decide our top-flight destiny.

Before kickoff, we sat in 14th spot, with 28 points and

on a run of just one victory in our last 13 outings.

Twelve months later, we're again left with nine games to play, sitting on 29 points and clinging to 16th place, with three wins in our last 13 games.

Although that visit to St.Andrews brought only a draw, there was a sense that the rot had been stopped, the side had finally worked out that they were in the proverbial - and were starting to react.

Fifteen points from those remaining nine games were then gathered, thanks to a trio of home wins, three away draws and success at Spurs.

This time round our fixture list is trickier and the dogfight at the bottom of the league so much tighter, but the opportunity to decide our own destiny still remains.

PS: Owen's role that night was behind a front two of Martins and Viduka - a role he filled to good effect. With the Australian out of the equation this time round, what price a rerun of the tactic with Carroll as the muscle?

Lets hope Hughton reads .com  ;D

Guest sid1970

hi lads,

first prediction and really hope its a lucky one.

i'd go with

-------------------Harper

Beye---Coloccini---Bassong---Enrique

Lua Lua---Guthrie---Nolan---Jonas

----------Smith-----Martins

predict 2-0 win, Smith and Jonas the goals O0

Guest BooBoo

In regards the nufc.com bit, there's absolutely no chance that Hughton will go with anything other than a bog standard 4-4-2.

Very very likely team will be:

---------------------Harper----------------------

S Taylor---Coloccini---Bassong---Enrique--

R Taylor-----Nolan-------Butt-------Jonas---

---------------Owen-----Martins---------------

Geremi hasnt had a 2nd chance all season so this shouldnt be any different thankfully.

Butt and owen will not be dropped.

S taylor will keep his place after the goal.

Reckon even with our management they'll give Lovenkrands a go this time & leave out Ameobi.

They are morons, but they do change things when it doesnt work.

A history lesson -

before we're history...

One year ago today, we went to Birmingham City for a Premier League game - the first of nine fixtures that

would ultimately decide our top-flight destiny.

Before kickoff, we sat in 14th spot, with 28 points and

on a run of just one victory in our last 13 outings.

Twelve months later, we're again left with nine games to play, sitting on 29 points and clinging to 16th place, with three wins in our last 13 games.

Although that visit to St.Andrews brought only a draw, there was a sense that the rot had been stopped, the side had finally worked out that they were in the proverbial - and were starting to react.

Fifteen points from those remaining nine games were then gathered, thanks to a trio of home wins, three away draws and success at Spurs.

This time round our fixture list is trickier and the dogfight at the bottom of the league so much tighter, but the opportunity to decide our own destiny still remains.

PS: Owen's role that night was behind a front two of Martins and Viduka - a role he filled to good effect. With the Australian out of the equation this time round, what price a rerun of the tactic with Carroll as the muscle?

Lets hope Hughton reads .com  ;D

The biggest difference is that last year we were managed by Kevin Keegan this year Chris Fucking Hughton!!!  :weep:

Guest neesy111

Hopefully Guthrie will be back

Harper

Beye  Taylor Bassong Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Loven

Martins Owen

there's more chance of me getting lucky in the bedroom department, than that team playing  :weep:

I'm just Glad Nolan is back, he's not great but he can beat a sloth for pace unlike Butt.  I'm quite optimistic, I don't know why, 2-1 win to us.

I think Nolan is probably slower than Nicky Butt from what I've seen. He does make intelligent runs into the box though, which is beyond most Newcastle players, so let's not knock it.

I am pretty sure that Ryan Taylor will be recalled in place of Geremi who will be the fall guy from Hughton's Dad's Army midfield line up against Hull. Maybe Nolan will come in for Smith as well.