Newcastle vs Arsenal Sat 21 17:30

Skirge

Guest toonlass

Guthrie, Xisco (nae chance of him being anywhere near the grass), Beye ( :celb:) and Nolan could all be back for this game

Guthrie, Xisco (nae chance of him being anywhere near the grass), Beye ( :celb:) and Nolan could all be back for this game

Based on their fitness though, I can only see Nolan getting a start.  I can only see Beye getting a run out if we are defending a lead (can't see that!). Guthrie will get at least 20 I would have thought.

Based on their fitness though, I can only see Nolan getting a start.  I can only see Beye getting a run out if we are defending a lead (can't see that!). Guthrie will get at least 20 I would have thought.

Or knowing our management... they'll start with a clearly unfit Guthrie, replace him with Geremi 10 mins from the end & leave Nolan on the bench

Does anyone _honestly_ see Owen and Martins working? Not once did they link up as a pair against Hull, and I'm not going to expect it to work against Arsenal.

Worked fine against Pompey, they just need a decent midfield backing them up i.e. we need Guthrie back.

Does anyone _honestly_ see Owen and Martins working? Not once did they link up as a pair against Hull, and I'm not going to expect it to work against Arsenal.

Worked fine against Pompey, they just need a decent midfield backing them up i.e. we need Guthrie back.

Aye, i reckon they work together in the way that they will scope goals. They might not form a terrific partnership as such, but they will score goals as long as the service is there. 

I can see up setting a point in this game, fwiw.

I feel sick at the thought of this game being next.  :no:

Why? Nothing to lose against Arsenal at the moment.

Because I can't find anything better to do than go and watch the shower of shit.  bluelaugh.gif

For what it's worth, I saw the Arse at Villa not that long ago and it was the worst Arsenal team I'd seen for years and years. Sure, they have Arshavin now, but I still think their confidence is fragile and if you guys get an early goal a la Man U I can see Arsenal struggling. Get at them early.

Lets just hope Hull kick them to death in the FA cup this weekm or the gooners get a few red cards :lol: drastic but its what we need, no matter what though Arshavin will play against us and no doubt rape Colo to daeth.

Manuel Almunia

Monday, March 16, 2009

Manuel Almunia is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Newcastle after suffering an ankle injury against Blackburn. “Almunia is out," confirmed Wenger. "He would not have played [against Hull] anyway but he is a doubt for Saturday."

Manuel Almunia

Monday, March 16, 2009

Manuel Almunia is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Newcastle after suffering an ankle injury against Blackburn. “Almunia is out," confirmed Wenger. "He would not have played [against Hull] anyway but he is a doubt for Saturday."

Good good, have to say shocking tackle on him that dirty cunt should have been off.

Newcastle at least have the comfort of their next two matches being at home.

But with Arsenal expected to arrive on Tyneside on a high after demolishing Blackburn 4-0 and still going for glory in the Champions League, Newcastle have to raise the bar against the Gunners.

Yet Hughton was optimistic, and added: “I take you back to our home game against Manchester United. We were able to put on a good performance that should have got something out of the game.

Someone should remind Hughton that we lost at home at the end of the day, it's nothing to be advertising tbh. Especially since he totally fucked up the team in the following game with his insane tinkering.

We'll either get raped 0-4 or draw 1-1. Something like that, anyway.

Either way, we'll be in big, big trouble by Saturday 9pm. Most of the other teams around or below us are playing eachother the same weekend so the table could be looking really nasty.  :frantic: :sadnod:

Lets just hope Hull kick them to death in the FA cup this weekm or the gooners get a few red cards :lol: drastic but its what we need, no matter what though Arshavin will play against us and no doubt rape Colo to daeth.

I predict that won't happen.

34 more complaints about that post, and does Skirge get banned? :D

34 more complaints about that post, and does Skirge get banned? :D

Nope, just raped to death. Shotgun.

I'd love to see the 4-3-3 back, with Caroll in Viduka's role. Or perhaps Loven-Martins-Owen.

you'd 'love' to see a team which would effectively revolve around Andy Caroll?

yeah, genius

Who else have we got? Xisco isn't likely to play, and has been injured for a bit too.

Guest Darth Toon

Some encouraging stats from F365:

- Since their League Cup exit to Burnley, Arsenal are undefeated in 18 domestic matches.

- The mauling of Blackburn was the Gunners' fifth 4-0 victory of the campaign.

- The Newcastle team that drew 1-1 at Hull cost in excess of £50m.

- The Toon have taken seven points from the last 33 available.

maybe he thought a poacher would work better in a scrappy game.

Nothing wrong with playing a poacher provided the midfield is set up to supply the forwards. Now where was the flaw in the plan...hmmm.

Guest toonlass

I have this feeling that we will do really well. I even keep thinking that Jonas will score. Optimism like this isn't good.