Steve Harper

Tooj

Still a pub keeper fat lazy lethargic slow.slows down play to a pace all the time.distribution of the ball very poor..made a few good saves yesterday but his lack of agility is going to cost us at times i dont care what anyone says Krul is a far better keeper than this guy, dominates his box a lot more and a lot more assured in the air

A facepalm fails to adequately express my dismay at the idiocy of that post.

http://kilo.naurunappula.com/nn/0/425/285/o_490463.jpg

Still a pub keeper fat lazy lethargic slow.slows down play to a pace all the time.distribution of the ball very poor..made a few good saves yesterday but his lack of agility is going to cost us at times i dont care what anyone says Krul is a far better keeper than this guy, dominates his box a lot more and a lot more assured in the air

Aye, Krul really dominated his box against Huddersfield when he whimpered out towards the ball, expecting their strikers to just let him have it rather than imposing himself and taking the ball. He was fucking diabolical.

i think people are forgetting how much a liability krul can be, he often comes out for the ball whne hes got no chance and in a game where its gunna be decided by the odd goal, harper is easily the best choice. and on the point that its distrobution is slow, its alot better than given's was

His lack of urgency when claiming the ball is really starting to grate. He slows down play immensely when he gets the ball for us. That and he seems to be afraid to pass it out short.

Once I think he set off a good counter attack with a quick left arm throw out to the right (R Taylor?) and we broke down the other end very quickly, think it was the Nolan scuffed shot. Annoying that he won't do such things more often. Brilliant save from that corner mind, excellent reactions.

Don't understand the Harper hate. He will win us games in this division. Give Krul the cups.

If our outfield wasn't so fucking amazing i'd say quite the opposite. He's got faults that could see us drop quite a few points really; i'd certainly put the blame on him for that goal at West Brom earlier in the season. He's always been a really good shot-stopper but he's got all Given's other faults, just sorta multiplied.

Don't understand the Harper hate. He will win us games in this division. Give Krul the cups.

If our outfield wasn't so fucking amazing i'd say quite the opposite. He's got faults that could see us drop quite a few points really; i'd certainly put the blame on him for that goal at West Brom earlier in the season. He's always been a really good shot-stopper but he's got all Given's other faults, just sorta multiplied.

I don't love Harper at all, I think he has a fair few flaws, but I think he's still a lot more polished at his trade than Mr.Krul at this point in time. Understandably so.

Did quite well last night I thought. Didn't have much to do but managed to stay switched on when he had to be.

The saves were pretty routine but he did all that was asked of him...apart from his distribution which is still disgraceful.

I really dont understand how there's an argument to be had here, he's not Pagliuca but he's solid, rarely makes mistakes after a run of games and is still a good shotstopper. If there's a better keeper in this league i've yet to see him

I don't love Harper at all, I think he has a fair few flaws, but I think he's still a lot more polished at his trade than Mr.Krul at this point in time. Understandably so.

Conceded only 1 goal in 5 games, fantastic.

Would be 0 in 5 if it wasn't for his f*** up at West Brom.

which looks somewhat favourable compared to Krul's 3 fuck ups against Huddersfield

Is this strictly a Harper vs Krul argument? I was just speaking in general, i think LLLO was aswell. I'd have him over Krul but i'm still not totally comfortable with him as number 1.

Did quite well last night I thought. Didn't have much to do but managed to stay switched on when he had to be.

The saves were pretty routine but he did all that was asked of him...apart from his distribution which is still disgraceful.

:kasper: :kasper: :kasper:

:kasper: :kasper: :kasper:

Call it how I see it.  :aww:

If our outfield wasn't so f***ing amazing i'd say quite the opposite. He's got faults that could see us drop quite a few points really; i'd certainly put the blame on him for that goal at West Brom earlier in the season. He's always been a really good shot-stopper but he's got all Given's other faults, just sorta multiplied.

Conceded only 1 goal in 5 games, fantastic.

Would be 0 in 5 if it wasn't for his f*** up at West Brom.

which looks somewhat favourable compared to Krul's 3 f*** ups against Huddersfield

Is this strictly a Harper vs Krul argument? I was just speaking in general, i think LLLO was aswell. I'd have him over Krul but i'm still not totally comfortable with him as number 1.

you seem to be changing your mind a lot in that respect mate  :lol:

In terms of GK, CM and CB there's absolutely nowt to worry about for me

you called Harper 'wank' and said Krul should play against Reading, right?

:lol:  So does context not come into play at all? I said that rightfully, he should play against Reading on merit. Harper was terrible and injured, whereas Krul was fit and played absolutely brilliantly. It's not the same as saying he should be the number 1 goalie; but he deserved to keep his place for that game.