Steve Harper

Tooj

31 minutes ago, Magpie said:

My mam died from one of those so he's been bloody lucky.

Get well soon Harps.

My mum has had 5 strokes - it’s honestly horrible - I have every sympathy with those affected 

13 minutes ago, jack j said:

Theatres don't have porters anyway smart arse. They're orderleys

Sorry to interject my friend, It's mainly Theatre support workers now. And Theatres porters, that's still a job title that is used and advertised for.

Edited by Bimpy474

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Sorry to interject my friend, It's mainly Theatre support workers now. And Theatres porters, that's still a job title that is used and advertised for.

Since when?

Quick search of NHS jobs and there was one for a theatre orderly at the rvi 2 months ago

55 minutes ago, jack j said:

Since when?

Quick search of NHS jobs and there was one for a theatre orderly at the rvi 2 months ago

Aye there are, i didn't say they don't use orderly any more.  Each trust uses similar terms for the same role, some Theatre orderly's, some say Theatre porters, some use Theatre assistants, the greater percentage use Theatre support worker now down here. It does need a bit of uniformity to slimline different names. 

We had an edict come out about job titles to closer match the job description. My staff for example are have gone from Materials Management Clerks to Logistics Support Officers, incorporating more of their duties apparently as to why the renaming of their roles happened.

It's not exactly a big deal, most do the same role whatever their job title. Tell what though, those workers are some of the most bullied in the NHS, in our trust their treatment is disgraceful, across all our sites.

Edited by Bimpy474