Ketsbaia

Yorkie

According to his wife, they watch every Newcastle game on telly.

Yes, I stalk his wife on Facebook.  :snod:

Can you find Hitzfelds wife aswell?

just incase

:lol:

She's still in HTT's basement.

:lol: he's left here with nothing but shark magazines and a dossier

He'd walk to Newcastle to manage us.

So would i.

Did you also nearly qualify for the second round of the Champions League with close to a pub team?

If you think that's enough proof to suggest him as an actual candidate, then fair enough. I totally disagree though.

So would i.

Did you also nearly qualify for the second round of the Champions League with close to a pub team?

If you think that's enough proof to suggest him as an actual candidate, then fair enough. I totally disagree though.

It's churlish to suggest he got that far on blind luck. It's clear he's a talented manager but just how talented we wont find out until he's managed elsewhere so why not take a chance? Give him five years, give him cash and allow him to do his thing. He can't be any friggin worse than the shower in charge now.

So would i.

It's churlish to suggest he got that far on blind luck. It's clear he's a talented manager but just how talented we wont find out until he's managed elsewhere so why not take a chance? Give him five years, give him cash and allow him to do his thing. He can't be any friggin worse than the shower in charge now.

I just think it'd be absolutely mental. He's managed in a league that is a million miles away from anything like the Premier League. I don't know my Cypriot football, admittedly, but i daresay it's lower than Championship standard. He's had a decent season where he's surprised a few people getting his side into the Europe's elite. We've seen it before though; half the time it's the motivation of the players that have carried them through them games. It's not as if they've had owt to lose is it.

He's not proved himself nearly enough to warrant an appointment, never mind a five-year contract. And again, it'd an appointment fuelled by sentiment to appease the fans.

So would i.

Well, you can only beat what's in front of you, can't you? Considering the (lack of) talent at his disposal what he (nearly) achieved is verging on the phenomenal. It's certainly better than what our current management team have mustered in the past decade. I wouldn't advocate giving him a five year deal, but a one year deal to see what he could do wouldn't hurt. What we know for certain is he will give us passion and some much needed positivity amongst the fans and the media. His continental roots and experience may give him an edge in this league, certainly compared to the usual suspects in Ashley´s book of attractive management material.

Let´s face it, there will not be massive pressure on him; if he fails to secure our Premiership status it won't be seen as his fault, and we can start from the bottom up. If he does manage to keep us up (and I would think he would have more chance of doing that than the current muppets in charge), that should set us up for some positivity for next season. It certainly beats giving Kinnear a new two year deal if you ask me..

why not, about time we WENT FOR THE FOREIGN OPTION

shepherd turned down hitzfeld and macini, both applied for the job

foreign manager's are twice as good as british manager's imo

Is this true? Who got the job ahead of Hitzfeld and Mancini? Source of info would be appreciated too.

Is this true? Who got the job ahead of Hitzfeld and Mancini? Source of info would be appreciated too.

Don't think there's any actual source but some knob on here went parading around claiming that Hitzfeld was at the training ground at one point.

:blush:

Was before we'd appointed Roeder, btw. :pow:

So would i.

I just think it'd be absolutely mental. He's managed in a league that is a million miles away from anything like the Premier League. I don't know my Cypriot football, admittedly, but i daresay it's lower than Championship standard. He's had a decent season where he's surprised a few people getting his side into the Europe's elite. We've seen it before though; half the time it's the motivation of the players that have carried them through them games. It's not as if they've had owt to lose is it.

He's not proved himself nearly enough to warrant an appointment, never mind a five-year contract. And again, it'd an appointment fuelled by sentiment to appease the fans.

Hiring Ketsbaia would definitely not "appease the fans with sentiment". I'd imagine there'd be more of "he's not experienced enough to manage a club like Newcastle". That kind of rubbish.

He could be class for this club.

Especially if we go down. The uncertainty factor is very big obviously but he could be an ideal manager to mount the comeback.

Hiring Ketsbaia would definitely not "appease the fans with sentiment". I'd imagine there'd be more of "he's not experienced enough to manage a club like Newcastle". That kind of rubbish.

He'd get a lot more time than the likes of Venables and he actually wants the job.

Guest neesy111

Don't think there's any actual source but some knob on here went parading around claiming that Hitzfeld was at the training ground at one point.

:blush:

Was before we'd appointed Roeder, btw. :pow:

that's wrong, hitzfeld applied when bobby robson was sacked as he had just left bayern in the close season

mancini applied when at inter when souness was sacked, (this was before inter started winning titles)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest optimistic nit

why is he a worse suggestion than shearer, given that he has achieved a lot more as a manager than shearer? not saying he would do better than shearer mind, but from this viewpoint ketsbia would be the better option.

• 3 years later...

Am i the only one who thinks this suggestion is totally pie in the sky? He seems to be high up on the preferences scale to a lot of people on here, but i mean, why? Cos he's funny, played for us once, and says he'd like to be a manager?

At the end of the day he's done well in the Cypriot league. He got them into the CL proper but there's been plenty of absolute dogmeat clubs in that competition before. Would you advocate (off the top of my head) Partizan's, Cluj's, Genk's, Rosenborg's, Haifa's managers as potential candidates aswell? Nah...

Another appointment shrouded almost entirely in sentiment is another massive accident waiting to happen imo. Btw, the only English side he's played against (our mates down at WHL), absolutely bumraped his team 6-0.

Kinnear Out, btw.

Shut up, Yorkie. You dick.

Am i the only one who thinks this suggestion is totally pie in the sky? He seems to be high up on the preferences scale to a lot of people on here, but i mean, why? Cos he's funny, played for us once, and says he'd like to be a manager?

At the end of the day he's done well in the Cypriot league. He got them into the CL proper but there's been plenty of absolute dogmeat clubs in that competition before. Would you advocate (off the top of my head) Partizan's, Cluj's, Genk's, Rosenborg's, Haifa's managers as potential candidates aswell? Nah...

Another appointment shrouded almost entirely in sentiment is another massive accident waiting to happen imo. Btw, the only English side he's played against (our mates down at WHL), absolutely bumraped his team 6-0.

Kinnear Out, btw.

Shut up, Yorkie. You dick.

:lol:

Seriously though, I'd like to see a resume filled with more than success in the Cypriot league, a handful of games in the Greek league, and marginal success coaching the Georgian national team.