Ireland Internationals

Decky

If they are such Die hards why weren't they out in town watching the game?...

Work in the morning lad, no time for boozing...

Commendable.

Where do you work ?

And Declaen my dear, if you love the team surely the atmosphere of a pub far outweighs sitting in your room photoshopping Thierry Henry's head onto penises.

Maybe it does, but again it has no relation what so ever to supporting the team.

So.. who do we think the Irish/Norn/Scots/Welsh will decide to back this year then? Scotland tend to humbly gravitate towards Brazil and then rip us to shreds when the number 1 team in the world beats us. I'm not so sure the bitterness is nearly as strong elsewhere, I'm assuming France aren't gonna be the soup de jour.

We don't tend to support random teams here in my experience, not collectively anyway. Was cheering for Argentina last time, don't think I could cheer for Maradona as manager though. He seems like a complete wanker.

I'll just watch and hope to see some good games.

How is going out into the town supporting your team? :lol:

Going out on the town and having a beer with fellow supporters isn't supporting your team, but blubbing on an internet website is :mackems:

Has it ever occured to you that people may not have the money to go out or that some people have committments in the morning?

Guest Heneage

Going out on the town and having a beer with fellow supporters isn't supporting your team, but blubbing on an internet website is  :mackems:

Has it ever occured to you that people may not have the money to go out or that some people have committments in the morning?

Money isn't an excuse really as you don't have to drink, you go for the atmosphere, do you have other commitments in the morning?

Going out on the town and having a beer with fellow supporters isn't supporting your team, but blubbing on an internet website is  :mackems:

Money isn't an excuse really as you don't have to drink, you go for the atmosphere, do you have other commitments in the morning?

I'll never understand you Brits obsession with watching games at pubs.

Guest Heneage

It's an easy meeting place normally, instead of everyone trying to get to one persons house, at least with my friends we all live about the same distance from the Centre.

It's shite.

If I really want to see the game, will I do so best in the comfort of my living room or in a pub filled with people?

Saying that, for international games, where I don't really care all that much, I love going to the pub to watch it. But that's more of an excuse to experience some decent atmosphere and a few pints.

What the fuck? :lol: If he doesn't want to go to the pub to watch the game then that's his choice, it doesn't make him any more or less of a fan. Odds are in the pub you'll have some gobshite syaing how shite Benfica are this season and some cock will stand in front of the screen for bits of the game, and ultimately if you don't buy a drink in the pub you're just scrounging their television really. Kezman, didn't you work as a steward on a match day? How's that supporting your fucking team, you're supposed to stand with your back to the pitch.

Why do you need excuses? Is the pub an essential aspect of supporting a football club? What difference does it make if you watch it at home or anywhere else that isnt in Paris? It has no baring on what kind of supporter you are what so ever, I cant believe people are actually trying to argue that it does :lol: And as a matter of fact, I do have commitments in the morning.

British homes are shit. They're all the size of a shoebox.

Going out on the town and having a beer with fellow supporters isn't supporting your team, but blubbing on an internet website is :mackems:

Why do you need excuses? Is the pub an essential aspect of supporting a football club? What difference does it make if you watch it at home or anywhere else that isnt in Paris? It has no baring on what kind of supporter you are what so ever, I cant believe people are actually trying to argue that it does :lol: And as a matter of fact, I do have commitments in the morning.

http://titirangistoryteller.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/the_commitments_disc_1-39.jpg

didn't know they were still going...

http://titirangistoryteller.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/the_commitments_disc_1-39.jpg

:lol: Cracking show

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, this is both hilarious and embarrassing. The perfect combo.

You're not a real supporter unless you watch it at the pub.  :lol:

I've heard it all now.

:lol: Cracking show

That Voronin's a great singer...

I've heard it all now.

I think Mr. Nixon is having a wee wind-up. He's a card.

I've heard it all now.

I think Mr. Nixon is having a wee wind-up. He's a card.

You just gave him his get out of jail card. "oh, i was only winding yous up lads :lol:" etc