Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Why would Sky show themselves up by putting something up that could cleary be an April Fools joke?

They'd be laughed out of the media industry

This is SSN we're talking about their last twenty minutes of output has consisted of two blokes taking turns to read out the exact same thing.

Well I did NOT see this coming.

I suppose it's a chance for him to dip his foot in the managerial water, see how he likes it. There's little pressure on him, because if we go down it won't be seen as his fault.

Could be bollocks of course. His relations with the new regime haven't been great.

Guest BooBoo

If this is true then the atmosphere will be absolutely rocking on Saturday. Lets just hope this isn't a re-run of the Keegan comeback farce.

Well I did NOT see this coming.

I suppose it's a chance for him to dip his foot in the managerial water, see how he likes it. There's little pressure on him, because if we go down it won't be seen as his fault.

Could be bollocks of course. His relations with the new regime haven't been great.

Little pressure on him? People will cling onto the hope of him being our saviour. There will be huge pressure, even if people won't blame him personally should he fail..

Anyway, I find it hard to believe none of his BBC buddies would have heard about this story first..

Edit: BBC now reporting. Maybe there is some legs in this after all..?!

This is completely unexpected.

Same.

Apart from KK returning,  honestly,  what other actions would give us a boost this big for the last 8 games?  If it pays off,  hats have to be taken off to Ashley.  Doing it a few weeks ago would have been nice,  mind.

Wouldn't you love to be the person who started this, if it's a prank :D That's two major media sources fooled ;)

I have a bad feeling that somewhere in Wearside there's a bloke lying on the floor struggling to breathe due to an inability to control his hysterical laughter.

Can't believe Ashley's done it tbh, after the Keegan thing. :lol:

But then i suppose it's not as if the guy can get any more unpopular.

I am so happy if this is true. Shearer is my hero.