Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

A desperate move by the club, if it turns out to be true. Just wonder why the hell Shearer would agree to come in - now of all times?

Cos he knows he could potentially do something about us dropping out of the premiership??

It's a month too late, if it happens. Could be setting himself up for a huge fall if we do go down. Ashley must really be desperate to win the fans back over.

If it's true, I hope he can turn it around. I just don't have a good feeling about it at all.

Well answer me this, would you rather have Kinnear, or Terry Venables?  They've certainly waited much longer then they should have to appoint someone but its not too late, the international break is a good time to appoint a temporary boss to try to save us.  He might not be proven but he's an incredibly strong character with far more passion for Newcastle United then anyone else we could have appointed.  This is the kind of appointment that could lift the entire city never mind just the players.  Also we're third bottom of the league with 8 games left so I don't see it as him setting himself up for a fall, he's got a mamoth task to keep us up.  If he does he's an even bigger god, if he doesn't he was hired too late.

Any move we make now or even a few games ago would be a desperate one, but at least this is a extremely positive desperate move :)

Fuck me...

Utterly mental.  I hate and love this club.

Win win situation for Shearer.  If he keeps us up, he's a hero, if we get relegated, then at least he tried.  

He will motivate the players, he will get us playing football, he will inspire and tell the players what they are fighting for.  We have had no leader since Kinnear (yes I know) has been ill, and the players have lacked direction and commitment.  Someone in charge who has balls and ability to tell the overpaid arseholes in our team what they need to hear.

I'm going to have a beer to celebrate.  I just hope this works out in a good way.

If we still get relegated..

...he's the perfect person to bring us back up.

At the very least, even if he turns out to be worse than Big Sam or Sounses (virtually impossible imo, I reckon we'll be seeing attacking wingplay teams under him as long as he has the players capable of doing that - fuck sake we shouldn't have sold N'Zogbia), at least if he fails then we have a major positive of having him out of our systems, a big shadow over any potential manager removed from his shoulders.

Not a fan of him being our manager really. At least not in the long term. But, regardless, it should be a lift to the team/supporters this season and hopefully it contributes to us staying up (and Kinnear quietly leaving the club).

surely you can only judge his suitability long term on his short term performance.

I will be a mong & be at the ground on Thursday if Al is getting the gig is at lunchtime.

why thursday ?

please note.......i'm watching shameless not SSN

That is when the press conference will be happening. Even we are not glum to something like this on April fools day.