Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Some presenter on TalkSport - Matthew Norman - has just said "And Newcastle fans. Are you going to call in to defend the hiring of Alan Shearer as Manager by your Chairman Mike Ashley even though it looks like that appointment is going to mean your going to get relegated!

Fuck me ! Where to they find these people.

:mackems:

Some presenter on TalkSport - Matthew Norman - has just said "And Newcastle fans. Are you going to call in to defend the hiring of Alan Shearer as Manager by your Chairman Mike Ashley even though it looks like that appointment is going to mean your going to get relegated!

f*** me ! Where to they find these people.

your forgetting the whole point of talksport isn't to be enlightening, informative or even entertaining. they've learned that controversy brings bucks, they don't even need to bet basics correct.

your forgetting the whole point of talksport isn't to be enlightening, informative or even entertaining. they've learned that controversy brings bucks, they don't even need to bet basics correct.

I should turn this idiot off. He is now having a go at Ashley for "pandering to the demands of the fans" when appointing Shearer.

The thought that this guy is getting paid for this.

I should turn this idiot off. He is now having a go at Ashley for "pandering to the demands of the fans" when appointing Shearer.

The thought that this guy is getting paid for this.

don't blame him, he's doing his job pretty well by the sounds of it. his job is to stir people up to get them irate and ring in either way. he'll not believe a word he is saying probably but is playing the game.

don't blame him, he's doing his job pretty well by the sounds of it. his job is to stir people up to get them irate and ring in either way. he'll not believe a word he is saying probably but is playing the game.

Yeah I know you're right mate.

No doubt they will make a fortune over the next few weeks if we go down because they will have fans from all over the place calling in to gloat.

Thought the substitutions today were bad, we were getting murdered in midfield and he took our only player with legs off and put on a left back in order to move Duff into midfield, why?

Why didn't he bring on Jonas? I know he's not exactly been setting the world alight recently, but his energy might have added something that we were missing and who knows what might have happened.

I'm sorry, but I've not seen anything from Shearer to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us. I wish we'd just stop fucking about with novelty managers/Geordie messiahs/whatever and just appoint a good fucking manager. Stop trying to create a fairytale and start trying to create a football club. We need to move back into the real world and if this season doesn't open people's eyes to that then I don't know what will.

What we need to do now is to start planning for the future of this football club and doing what it takes to make sure that it's a damn sight better than the present. Tough decisions need to be made, people need to stop worrying what the fans/press/rest of the country thinks and get on with what needs to be done, this is no time for sentiment and emotion, realism and logic and hard work are what's required. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, is it! We're going to spend the summer wallowing in emotion and self pity and lashing out at anyone we can find to fill the role of scapegoat, not giving a shit if we're ripping the club apart whilst we do so, killing the thing we're supposed to love, making things worse not better, and deluding ourselves about a whole host of things. Just like we've been doing all season long.

That's the most depressing thing for me, the total inability to learn from our mistakes, that's the first thing that needs to change. I hope it does.

Thought the substitutions today were bad, we were getting murdered in midfield and he took our only player with legs off and put on a left back in order to move Duff into midfield, why?

Why didn't he bring on Jonas? I know he's not exactly been setting the world alight recently, but his energy might have added something that we were missing and who knows what might have happened.

I'm sorry, but I've not seen anything from Shearer to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us. I wish we'd just stop fucking about with novelty managers/Geordie messiahs/whatever and just appoint a good fucking manager. Stop trying to create a fairytale and start trying to create a football club. We need to move back into the real world and if this season doesn't open people's eyes to that then I don't know what will.

What we need to do now is to start planning for the future of this football club and doing what it takes to make sure that it's a damn sight better than the present. Tough decisions need to be made, people need to stop worrying what the fans/press/rest of the country thinks and get on with what needs to be done, this is no time for sentiment and emotion, realism and logic and hard work are what's required. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, is it! We're going to spend the summer wallowing in emotion and self pity and lashing out at anyone we can find to fill the role of scapegoat, not giving a shit if we're ripping the club apart whilst we do so, killing the thing we're supposed to love, making things worse not better, and deluding ourselves about a whole host of things. Just like we've been doing all season long.

That's the most depressing thing for me, the total inability to learn from our mistakes, that's the first thing that needs to change. I hope it does.

Lovenkrands was invisible, Enrique has more 'legs' than anyone in our side so bringing him on was a good move. however others were questionable. it is too early to say whether is going to be a good manager or not - he's not one yet but what did we expect? personally i think it was a bit erratic to hire a completely inexperienced manager, we were crying out for a more seasoned manager like venables. i dont blame shearer, it took guts to step in, i blame the series of mistakes that brought him here.

Guest The Libertine

great post.

Really not the time.

Exactly the time.

What would you prefer, some more of the "It's all the fault of that cunt Ashley/Wise/Kinnear/Hughton/...." bullshit?

That's the past, we need to get beyond all that now and start thinking about how to get out of the shit we've all managed to get the club into. The longer we keep banging on about what's happened and all the usual bollocks that masks the reality of our situation - about being a big club and so-on - the less time we will have to work on making things right and the harder that job will be.

This is the reality, we're relegated, we're going to be in the Championship next season and we need to sort that shit out, anything that doesn't actively help to address that problem is 100% irrelevant.

Lovenkrands was invisible, Enrique has more 'legs' than anyone in our side so bringing him on was a good move. however others were questionable. it is too early to say whether is going to be a good manager or not - he's not one yet but what did we expect? personally i think it was a bit erratic to hire a completely inexperienced manager, we were crying out for a more seasoned manager like venables. i dont blame shearer, it took guts to step in, i blame the series of mistakes that brought him here.

I'm not blaming Shearer, just like I'm not blaming Kinnear and so-on. I'm not interested in blame any more, I'm interested in where we go from here.

I'm sorry, but I've not seen anything from Shearer to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us. I wish we'd just stop f***ing about with novelty managers/Geordie messiahs/whatever and just appoint a good f***ing manager. Stop trying to create a fairytale and start trying to create a football club. We need to move back into the real world and if this season doesn't open people's eyes to that then I don't know what will.

What we need to do now is to start planning for the future of this football club and doing what it takes to make sure that it's a damn sight better than the present. Tough decisions need to be made, people need to stop worrying what the fans/press/rest of the country thinks and get on with what needs to be done, this is no time for sentiment and emotion, realism and logic and hard work are what's required. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, is it! We're going to spend the summer wallowing in emotion and self pity and lashing out at anyone we can find to fill the role of scapegoat, not giving a s*** if we're ripping the club apart whilst we do so, killing the thing we're supposed to love, making things worse not better, and deluding ourselves about a whole host of things. Just like we've been doing all season long.

8 games is probably just about the the right of time to judge a new manager!  Who inherited a squad FFS.

We should get rid of the guy who genuinely cares and loves the club because he only won a single game and made some bad substitions.. jesus wept.

Who do you think we could/should attract instead of Shearer, indi?

I'm not saying you're wrong btw.

Coppell wouldn't be a bad shout if he's willing to take another job so soon.

I'm not blaming Shearer, just like I'm not blaming Kinnear and so-on. I'm not interested in blame any more, I'm interested in where we go from here.

While I disagree with your opinion on Shearer as our manager (I think he's the best man available for the job right now), I'm with you 100% on that I'm sick and tired of everyone blaming someone.

It would be daft to be too hasty IMO. These players were shit before Shearer came and it's no real surprise they been shit after. Let him have a go with a fresh squad, and we'll have a better idea of his abilities next season.

We should stick with him because a) stability, b) he's shown that he can learn from his mistakes, c) he will be ruthless and unsentimental and lastly, because from everything I've heard from him, he knows what he wants and what he's doing.

I do think, however, that Ashley should offer him the full-time job tomorrow and give Shearer a few days to decide. Get a manager in before mid-June so whoever's managing us will have some time to think about the squad.

I also think that Shearer has to take some blame for the ineptness shown in the past few matches. These guys are shit, we knew that. But they could and did have some good passages in certain matches because they were properly motivated and hungry. They weren't in the past two matches and Shearer's gotta take some responsibility for that. The gutless performance today is partially on Shearer's ability to motivate the team (or lack thereof).

I'm sorry, but I've not seen anything from Shearer to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us. I wish we'd just stop f***ing about with novelty managers/Geordie messiahs/whatever and just appoint a good f***ing manager. Stop trying to create a fairytale and start trying to create a football club. We need to move back into the real world and if this season doesn't open people's eyes to that then I don't know what will.

What we need to do now is to start planning for the future of this football club and doing what it takes to make sure that it's a damn sight better than the present. Tough decisions need to be made, people need to stop worrying what the fans/press/rest of the country thinks and get on with what needs to be done, this is no time for sentiment and emotion, realism and logic and hard work are what's required. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, is it! We're going to spend the summer wallowing in emotion and self pity and lashing out at anyone we can find to fill the role of scapegoat, not giving a s*** if we're ripping the club apart whilst we do so, killing the thing we're supposed to love, making things worse not better, and deluding ourselves about a whole host of things. Just like we've been doing all season long.

Its all "mights" at his point thats the problem.

Theres always some amazing change the manager could have made that COULD have changed the game. Its endless. People hate accepting that no matter what we'd have done, the side just werent good enough. None of them.

& yes we cannot say shearers been brilliant

but neither can you judge his managerial ability very well at this point atall.

Its not like we dont want to appoint a class manager anyway, so i dont understand that point. We'd all have loved that.

Whats so strange about us liking the idea of keegan/shearer also?

I dont see how thats "trying to create a fairytale". We wanted them in charge for pretty sound logical reasons.

While I disagree with your opinion on Shearer as our manager (I think he's the best man available for the job right now), I'm with you 100% on that I'm sick and tired of everyone blaming someone.

Im going NE5 mode here but wtf are you on about!

In two years under Ashley, we have made profit in every transfer window, didnt have a permanent manager the entire season, didn't let managers have control over transfers.

Not to mention slumping from European hopefuls to relegated!  But no one is to blame, lets move on.  Im sure he will spend money this summer to get us up, get rid of the wasters maybe we will get a little bit of our James Milner money soon  O0

I'd like Shearer to stay on and I'd like Speed to get some sort of coaching role. BUT, we need some sharp tactical man who can teach Big Al. Sir Bobby would have been the ultimate but that's not going to happen, I know that. I love Shearer but his inexperience showed today but with the guidance of a "tactical mastermind" we could be our man for the next 20 years... I keep on believing, stupid me

Im going NE5 mood here but wtf are you on about!

In two years under Ashley we have made profit in every transfer window, didnt have a permanent manager the entire season, didn't let managers have control over transfers.

Not to mention slumping from European hopefuls to relegated!  But no one is to blame, lets move on.  Im sure he will spend money this summer to get us up, get rid of the wasters maybe we will get a little bit of our James Milner money soon  O0

Of course there are people to blame, but the blame game has been going on for the entire season. We need to move forward, we need to put this shite behind us, there's just no point in going on and on and on about it any more.