Wise Gone

Frazzle

Guest michaelfoster
Dennis Wise is an unsuccessful former player who met Mike Ashley via their shared lawyer who has no notable reputation for discovering young talent.

Erm..........

FA Cup Winner 1997, 1998 & 2000

FA Cup Runner Up 1994, 2004

League Cup Winner 1998

UEFA Cup Winners Cup 1998

European Super Cup 1998

FA Charity Shield Winner 2000

FA Charity Shield Runner Up 1997

Guest Phil K

Dennis Wise is an unsuccessful former player who met Mike Ashley via their shared lawyer who has no notable reputation for discovering young talent.

Erm..........

League Cup Winner 1998

European Super Cup 1998

Actually didn't he win the FA Cup with Wimbledon ?

Erm..........

League Cup Winner 1998

European Super Cup 1998

I'm sure there was a word inbetween 'unsuccessful' and 'former player' which didn't change the context and made that statement sensible.

Flid.

I don't think he found either.

Vetere did.  Wise just sealed the deals and did the negotiations.

I dont even think he done that as TJ did that sort of s***.

see what i mean.....no-one knows and wise is getting stick just because he's an odious little twat with no evidence about anything he's done, good or bad in his time at NUFC.

see what i mean.....no-one knows and wise is getting stick just because he's an odious little t*** with no evidence about anything he's done, good or bad in his time at NUFC.

I think Mort made it clear TJ was brought in to do the deals.

It was clear that once TJ left Lee Charnley stepped up a bit more, as him & Wise wasted there time in France bidding £3.5 million for a 2nd choice right back who price shot up.

see what i mean.....no-one knows and wise is getting stick just because he's an odious little t*** with no evidence about anything he's done, good or bad in his time at NUFC.

If nobody knows what he was doing or no one has a fucking clue what he did or did not do what was the fucking point in employing him ?

Did he arrive at work and then lock himself in a small chest of drawers until it was time to leave.

http://www.spookylake.com/images/SmallCoffin/hal%20051.jpg

If nobody knows what he was doing or no one has a fucking clue what he did or did not do what was the fucking point in employing him ?

Did he arrive at work and then lock himself in a small chest of drawers until it was time to leave.

http://www.spookylake.com/images/SmallCoffin/hal%20051.jpg

More than likely....he didn't frequent the offices at SJP much though...he worked from London mainly,i believe.

Could you tell us what your Daddy did when he worked for that man who owns the Sports shops?

Wiped his arse on Keegan's list of transfer targets? And then sat there laughing while his fat pay cheque rolled in?  I'm just guessing of course.

i would wipe arse on keegans transfer list if it is true that the 3 primary names where: Beckham, Lampard and Henry!

FFS ! get a reality check

ps. i liked keegan but that was absurd

It was tongue in cheek actually.  I'm guessing you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Which he was s*** at.

Good riddance to a bad, bad w*****. I hope something terminal happens to him.

That's quite Harsh.  This thread is just a cycle of the same bloody shite about wise.

Wise signed this bloke

No He didn't x did

How do you know

etc

Despite being a bit of a twat as a person we don't really know who he signed or even what he exactly did, he didn't do too bad on negotions to be fair if that was his job.

It's just somebody vent off at really i'm guessing, i'm not saying I personally liked him here, i'm glad he's gone but I also don't think he's deserving of a lot of the blame about the state of our club.

I think the main reason for ill feeling towards him was that his tenure directly coincided with a pretty miserable spell at this club. He was also pretty strongly implicated in a number of things that seemed to be going wrong. Communication has been one of the main problems in the "Ashley era" (since CM left at least) and the fact that no-one has the slightest clue what Dennis did or didn't do in his time here seems to typify that, making him and his role the epitomy of many of the club's recent failings. An easy scapegoat in other words, hiding the true problems perhaps.

Maybe if the club had actually disclosed a bit more information, or even had Wise do one or two more public interviews, a bit more patience for the bloke would have been had. What the club's phobia over this sort of thing is, i will never, ever know or understand.

We don't really know whether he did a good job or not because we don't actually know what his job is.

Fact is however he's been the scapegoat for alot of the clubs problems so whether he actually helped or hindered the situation, we were never really going to move on and start building a club-fan relationship with him still on board.

We don't really know whether he did a good job or not because we don't actually know what his job is.

Fact is however he's been the scapegoat for alot of the clubs problems so whether he actually helped or hindered the situation, we were never really going to move on and start building a club-fan relationship with him still on board.

Very fair assessment, that's pretty much all anyone can say about Wise. The hatred he has got is stupid, but at the same time it had become clear that his image was such that he was just getting in the way of progress.

£1.5m-a-year Wise still on payroll despite Newcastle departure

Newcastle willcontinue to pay Dennis Wise's £1.5m salary despite removing the former England international from his controversial role as the club's director of football last week.

Derided as a member of the owner Mike Ashley's "Cockney Mafia" by the Newcastle support, Wise has been placed on gardening leave following Alan Shearer's populist appointment, pending possible legal action involving Kevin Keegan's departure from the club in September.

Wise's unpopularity at Newcastle increased when he emerged as a central figure in Keegan's exit. Keegan left in a dispute over player transfers, stating: "It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Since then, Keegan has been engaged in a compensation dispute with Newcastle, with the club counter-claiming against him for not fulfilling his contract. If the case goes to court Newcastle will rely on Wise to offer evidence that Keegan was aware of their transfer policy when he rejoined the club. Once the dispute is resolved Wise will be paid off with a year's salary.

The Londoner's position of executive director (football) was questioned from its announcement in January 2008. Wise, 42, was handed control of Newcastle's recruitment, academy and reserve set-up with comprehensive control of the budget despite having only limited experience as a lower-division manager and having taken a limited role in transfers at his previous club, Leeds United. Ashley agreed to a deal which allowed Wise to live with his family in the south of England, spending just a couple of days a week at St James' Park.

The Observer also understands Ashley's new structure will involve an attempt to keep Shearer long-term, despite his insistence that he will return to his BBC role in the summer. Ashley has offered Shearer a £4m-a-year contract and a £50m transfer budget to stay beyond the summer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/05/newcastleunited