Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Guest Phil K

Dissappointed with the 2nd half, don't care about who the opposition was.

After going 2-0 down, we just didn't give a s***. Harper had the ball and was trying to throw/kick it out and everyone was just strolling up with their backs to him. f***ing dire attitudes.

Exactly - just shows we have nobody with the stomach for a fight.

Are people honestly blaming Coloccini for that late chance? :lol:  Unreal, he's been s*** lately no doubt, but apparently now he's a scapegoat for everything.  I suppose he was at fault for the second as well?

He played Malouda onside

The amount of times he screws up the defensive lime is staggering for a defender of his supposed "intelligence"

Enrique let him run when he was supposed to be marking him, but Enrique's too much of a favourite for criticism so put it all on Coloccini, seems to be the trend.  Enrique's one of my favourite player as well, but I'm not going to ignore any mistakes he makes.

Who are we going to play instead of Enrique?

What?  :mackems: :idiot2:

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just asking who to play instead.

12. Bolton        31 11  4 16  36:45  37

13. Stoke         31  9  8 14  31:47  35

14. Blackburn    31  8 10 13  35:50  34

15. Hull             31  8 10 13  35:52  34

16. Portsmouth  30  8  9 13  32:46  33

17. Sunderland  31  8  8 15  29:41  32

18. Newcastle    31  6 11 14  36:51  29

19. Middlesbro   31  6  9 16  22:46  27

20. W.B.A.        31  6  6 19  26:57  24

Are people honestly blaming Coloccini for that late chance? :lol:  Unreal, he's been s*** lately no doubt, but apparently now he's a scapegoat for everything.  I suppose he was at fault for the second as well?

He played Malouda onside

The amount of times he screws up the defensive lime is staggering for a defender of his supposed "intelligence"

Enrique let him run when he was supposed to be marking him, but Enrique's too much of a favourite for criticism so put it all on Coloccini, seems to be the trend.  Enrique's one of my favourite player as well, but I'm not going to ignore any mistakes he makes.

Why would you want to play anyone instead, Enrique's a good player who made one fucking mistake!!

Full Time

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We just couldn't respond when Chelsea upped it. Shearer has some tough calls to make in the next week - needs to drop Colicinni and also try to get some creativity in the middle of the park.

On the plus side - Whitley Bay have made it through to the Vase final.

This.

Agreed that we had no chance with this game, Chelsea should have taken chances long before we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hopefully Shearer will realise Ryan Failure and Colo the Clown aren't up to it, and we'll somehow beat Stoke.

why are you practically slitting your wrists then? if you clearly expected it?

Blatant wummery.

Harper - 7 - Generally solid, not fantastic, but solid and blameless for the goals. Great save at the very end

R Taylor - 5 - Poor. Set pieces, defending, tackling, passing - poor. Not first team when we've a full squad

Beye - 7 - Made a good fist of centre half, sometimes positionally dodgy, but outshone the "natural" centre half beside him

Coloccini - 4 - Woeful, utterly woeful. Did he do a single thing well? Must be behind both Bassong and S Taylor when at full strength

Enrique - 6 - Consistently inconsistent. Can make a surging run and then miss a five yard pass.

Jonas - 6 - More of the same, only less so. Looks great, especially in full flight, but too much style, not enough substance

Butt - 7 - Tackled brilliantly, fought hard though tired towards the end

Nolan - 6 - Fantastic first half, totaly out of the game in the second half.

Lovenkrands - 5 - Not long enough to make an impact, but did get enough time to show he's not a winger

Owen - 5 - Poor. Had tiny flashes where he showed the player he used to be five years ago. These flashes were too short and too infrequent

Martins - 5 - Poor. Shooting and decisions were disappointing, but at least he made an effort

Duff - 5 - Yet another pedestrian performance, offering little other than bewilderment that he was ever a 17m player

Guthrie - 7 - An indictement on the rest of the team that a half hour cameo outshone all but two or three other performances. Must start

Carroll - 5 - Just doesn't have enough. Xisco please...

He played Malouda onside

Why would you want to play anyone instead, Enrique's a good player who made one fucking mistake!!

Ah, right. Misunderstood. Thought you were slating him.

He's not the best, but we've got no better alternative.

Full Time

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We just couldn't respond when Chelsea upped it. Shearer has some tough calls to make in the next week - needs to drop Colicinni and also try to get some creativity in the middle of the park.

This.

Agreed that we had no chance with this game, Chelsea should have taken chances long before we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hopefully Shearer will realise Ryan Failure and Colo the Clown aren't up to it, and we'll somehow beat Stoke.

Blatant wummery.

sorry, i should have said spitting your dummy, that would have been more accurate.

The big game is next week!Any points today and it would have being a bonus.Chelsea are just too good for us what did we expect tbf.I have stuck up for Colo in the past but not anymore,has to be dropped,even for Edgar at this stage

12. Bolton         31 11  4 16  36:45  37

13. Stoke          31  9  8 14  31:47  35

20. W.B.A.         31  6  6 19  26:57  24

Fuck me that looks bad

Full Time

This.

Blatant wummery.

sorry, i should have said spitting your dummy, that would have been more accurate.

Maybe. I think it's understandable though, considering the circumstances.

Better that than revelling in the predicament because you can wind others up and get a semi-on.

Should implement some sort of script that plays Joy Division when you browse threads like this. Only swedish fourteen year olds are more emo than some of the lot in here :lol:

Harper 6

R. Taylor 4

Coloccini 3

Beye 5

Enrique 6

Lovenkrands 5 (Duff 4)

Butt 6

Nolan 5

Jonas 6

Owen 5

Martins 5

Coloccini worse than Ryan Taylor? No. Coloccini did OK except for a couple of costly mistakes, but Ryan Taylor was shit in absolutely everything else as well as costing us a goal.

He played Malouda onside

Ah, right. Misunderstood. Thought you were slating him.

He's not the best, but we've got no better alternative.

No of course not, he played ok defensively today, and as I said he's actually one of my favourite players.  I was just saying that I felt he was to blame for that late chance rather then Coloccini.  Colo's making enough mistakes lately without having other people's mistakes put onto him as well :lol:

f*** me that looks bad

Does it?

Beat Stoke next week, Sunderland lose to Man U and we're closer to survival.

f*** me that looks bad

Does it?

fuck me that looks bad

Didn't see/hear it. Sounds disappointing but he's had two training sessions with them. The end of season 'new season' always started at Stoke; getting anything from this would merely by a bonus and the whole thing is still in our hands. It rests on the Stoke game and the three home games. There's time to pull it together and we will.

He played Malouda onside

Full Time

This.

Blatant wummery.

Maybe. I think it's understandable though, considering the circumstances.

Better that than revelling in the predicament so you can wind others up and get a semi-on.

aye, one thing i definately do is revel in this predicament.

i expected it, these things never go as planned, especially against the likes of chelsea, the last time we had a media frenzy we didnt even turn over fulham and bolton, so this wasnt going to be any different.

i just manage to control it.

f*** me that looks bad

Does it?

we need man u to thrash them, as well.

I have to admit Collocini just isn't the same defender when he first arrived here, time he was sat on the bench for a while. Very poor indeed today.

He seems to have lost confidence badly, I'm still confident he'll be good in time, however we don't have time so he should be dropped until its sorted out.