Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Guest Geordie Boyo

The only time I've seen him have a decent game was at Right-Back. With R. Taylor still looking out of his depth and basically sh*t I'd give Colo another chance there and place Kadar next to S. Taylor.

Has this Colo-boy got any strenghts whatsoever? At least the other lads looked like trying yesterday, but colo was so slow to react to situations and looked really uncomfortable in every tacke Have not seen Kadar play but he must be better then colo anyhow.

Piss poor in the air. Shaky on the ground. Sell. Sell. Sell.

He's pretty good on the deck most games. Too good in fact. We need a more basic defender in this league who will be more effective in the air at set pieces.

Guest Heneage

I'd put it down to confidence myself, there's no way a player can go from the standard he set at OT to Saturday without a massive smash to their confidence.

Not much I know, but there was an occassion around the 65 minute mark on Saturday where Coloccini dealt with a dangerous looking ball by controlling it somewhat and just hoofing it up field. In the first half there was a few occassions where players outpaced him and he used his outstreched leg or elbow to hack them down.

If he is to do a good job in the Championship (and he can) then we need to see that cynical side of him more consistently. Like it or not he's one of our two best central defenders by a country mile. Like Barton, he needs support and he'll eventually come good.

Needs to seriously adapt his game for this league. Keep it simple and don't fuck about.

He's obviously got ability but needs to get his head around what's needed this season and it's not playing his way out of trouble.

Not much I know, but there was an occassion around the 65 minute mark on Saturday where Coloccini dealt with a dangerous looking ball by controlling it somewhat and just hoofing it up field, in the first half there was a few occassions where players outpaced him and he used his outstreched leg or elbow to hack them down.

If he is to do a good job in the Championship (and he can) then we need to see that cynical side of him more consistently. Like it or not he's one of our two best central defenders by a country mile. Like Barton, he needs support and he'll eventually come good.

yep, noticed that.

needs to do it more often. its when he tries to play that he gets caught out, because he's just too slow imo.

He needs to start giving a shit. He's probably the worst of the lot when it comes to that.

The way he just stood on the edge of the six-yard box blindly staring at the commotion that ultimately led to their goal was a joke. It was him that lost his man aswell.

Personally don't think he'll come good and he's just about the remaining one i want to leave.

he's a player the press don't like for some reason. from last seasons  "not holding down a place" when at the time he was a virtual ever present to saturdays "he hasn't got a clue where his man is" when he got himself between a a faster player and the goal and forced him wide.

not great, not suited for english football but nowhere near as bad as some make out.

He needs to start giving a shit. He's probably the worst of the lot when it comes to that.

The way he just stood on the edge of the six-yard box blindly staring at the commotion that ultimately led to their goal was a joke. It was him that lost his man aswell.

Personally don't think he'll come good and he's just about the remaining one i want to leave.

What were the rest of the defence doing? For Coloccini to be at fault for that goal he would have to have been in at least three different positions at the same time.

Wasn't saying it was his fault but he was just stood there doing nowt. Which is hardly something we've not seen before from him. Can distinctly remember Chelsea at home last season. Dunno if it's laziness or a sheer lack of awareness, but it doesn't do us or him any good.

I wasn't scapegoating him! I've said in the match thread it was 100% Harper's fault, which it was. Just the fact he was stood a good two or three yards away, just watching and doing nowt, riled me up a bit. Largely because it's not the first time it's happened, as i mentioned above.

Ah the media's good old, 'Newcastle-foreign-defender-signed-for-big-money-so-he-must-be-shit' syndrome.  :rolleyes:

To be fair he has looked dodgy but every mistake has been pounced on. The bloke was thrown into a relegation battle in his first season in a new league and no allowances whatsoever were made for him.