Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Guest toonlass

Lawrenson is an eejit. He has the boro down to beat an on form Fulham (this is the same Boro who have only won 2 in their last 20 matches) and we all know that the scum are just as adept at throwing away games that look like they should walk over as we are. Don't panic dave man. Until the results are in on saturday there is no use worrying about what other teams are going to do.

Lawrenson is an eejit. He has the boro down to beat an on form Fulham (this is the same Boro who have only won 2 in their last 20 matches) and we all know that the scum are just as adept at throwing away games that look like they should walk over as we are. Don't panic dave man. Until the results are in on saturday there is no use worrying about what other teams are going to do.

was about to bet fulham to beat 'boro this weekend and bottled it - if i bet it you could guarantee the pricks would get a result

Guest toonlass

Think I might put a double on the Boro and Sunlun to win, my bets never come up so then we should be ok.

FFS so what if Viduka ia fit, means Rnager wil lose his place on the bench to that fat cunt. He will pull up injured its a waste of time even thinking about him. Big ASl saying Carroll may be in starting 11, must be if oba does not make it.

FFS so what if Viduka ia fit, means Rnager wil lose his place on the bench to that fat c***. He will pull up injured its a waste of time even thinking about him.

Not necessarily. AS has said to Nile that he's impressed with him, but at the same time, Viduka has a good footballing brain, and his link up play is great. He might be the difference. Let's say that Colo doesn't make it for the game, what's stopping AS putting both Duke and Nile on bench?

Guest toonlass

FFS so what if Viduka ia fit, means Rnager wil lose his place on the bench to that fat c***. He will pull up injured its a waste of time even thinking about him.

Not necessarily. AS has said to Nile that he's impressed with him, but at the same time, Viduka has a good footballing brain, and his link up play is great. He might be the difference. Let's say that Colo doesn't make it for the game, what's stopping AS putting both Duke and Nile on bench?

Colo isn't injured though, so why shouldn't he be on the bench, apart from the fact that he hasn't been brilliant on the pitch. You need defenders on the bench as well as attacking players. I think Nile will still be on the bench, and Viduka too. However Carroll will start, and I think Shola won't make the squad at all, freeing up a place for Viduka on the bench.

Colo isn't injured though, so why shouldn't he be on the bench, apart from the fact that he hasn't been brilliant on the pitch. You need defenders on the bench as well as attacking players. I think Nile will still be on the bench, and Viduka too. However Carroll will start, and I think Shola won't make the squad at all, freeing up a place for Viduka on the bench.

He is.

Well if Owen and Oba start then would he put Carroll, Ranger and Viduka on the bench?

Krul

Colo

Edgar

1 midfielder

Ranger

Carroll

Viduka

Ubless of course he go's with a 4-3-3 and Carroll owen and Oba start

Guest toonlass

He is.

Not according to physioroom he isn't. Ah sorry my bad

Just seen .co.uk

Or he could just drop Smith from the squad :lol:

So, based on Shearer's press conference and interview with NUFC TV today, the available players would appear to be:

Harper, Krul, Forster, Beye, R. Taylor, S. Taylor (back in full training tomorrow, Al sounded positive), Coloccini (slight knock, but we all know Colo usually pulls through), Cacapa, Bassong, Edgar, Geremi, Jonas, Butt, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Duff, Viduka (already publicised that he's been in full training and is in the squad), Owen, Carroll, Ranger, Xisco (who knows? Inivisible man), Ameobi, Lovenkrands (returned to full training yesterday, appears available), Martins (hasn't trained as of today, but isn't completely ruled out as a decision on whether to take him will be made tonight/tomorrow morning).

Jose Enrique is rated by the great man himself as "very doubtful" so can probably be ruled out, while there has been no mention of a return just yet for Joey Barton and Nacho Gonzalez is pretty much a write-off. Kadar crocked long-term too.

Based on that, my preferred line-up would be:

Harper

S. Taylor        Beye        Bassong        Edgar

Guthrie            Butt            Jonas

Owen

Carroll        Lovenkrands

Bench: Krul, R. Taylor, Coloccini, Nolan, Duff, Viduka, Martins.

Martins in for Lovenkrands if fit enough, with S. Taylor continuing at right-back if he makes it as Beye and Bassong have looked solid enough and it keeps the Beye-Bassong-Edgar trio together (although I realise Edgar played in the centre of the 3 last week). Nolan dropped from midfield as he's been the worst performer in there and Nicky Butt tends to like White Hart Lane, Jonas playing on the left of the three for his pace and ability to help the LB out with Lennon. When that happens, Oba/Loven drop back in from their advanced role, leaving Carroll as a lone striker (basically what we did last season under KK.)

Barton should be back for Portsmouth according to Dowie on SSN. Xisco is listed by .com as out.

Xisco is academic though, either way. He won't be getting a game. 8 fucking strikers in that squad now (9 if you count Smith), we seriously need to cut the chaff (Viduka, Ameobi and Smith).

FWIW it looks like Jenas may be out. If so then we may have the spectacle of three of the least mobile CMs ever on one pitch - Huddlestone, Butt & Nolan.

Like watching paint dry

FWIW it looks like Jenas may be out. If so then we may have the spectacle of three of the least mobile CMs ever on one pitch - Huddlestone, Butt & Nolan.

Like watching paint dry

Nah, that'd be quicker.