Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Given, Carr, Ramage, Moore, Elliott, Solano, Bowyer, Emre, N'Zogbia, Shearer, Ameobi: 3-1 win

Given, Solano, Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Martins, Dyer: 3-1 win

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski: 3-2 win

Given, Beye, Faye, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen: 3-1 win

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Jose Enrique, Barton, Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka, Martins: 4-1 win

Given, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Owen: 2-1 win

Aside from the 4-3-3 under Keegan (and perhaps even that), those are some pretty bloody horrific teams.

We've always been underdogs against Spurs. No need to start slitting your wrists already.

4 of those 6 games were at St. James' Park and to say we have always been underdogs is utter bollocks.

Football also goes back more than 3 years.

"always" as in "during our six-match winning streak." Sorry if that confused you.

The first three of those wins came when Spurs finished fifth. I doubt anyone expected us to win for the other three either. It's fair to say that we were pretty big underdogs for all six.

Bollocks, utter bollocks.

Apparently that makes whatever you say true. :lol:

I'm lost for words with you I really am, to think we were underdogs for those 6 games shows that you know nothing about football.

:mackems:

Humor the fool here then, when were we favorites to beat Spurs in those six games?

When they were occupying a Champions League place?

When Pattison, Huntington, and Ramage were holding down regular first-team places?

Or under the sterling leadership of Joe Kinnear?

Given, Carr, Ramage, Moore, Elliott, Solano, Bowyer, Emre, N'Zogbia, Shearer, Ameobi: 3-1 win

Given, Solano, Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Martins, Dyer: 3-1 win

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski: 3-2 win

Given, Beye, Faye, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen: 3-1 win

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Jose Enrique, Barton, Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka, Martins: 4-1 win

Given, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Owen: 2-1 win

Aside from the 4-3-3 under Keegan (and perhaps even that), those are some pretty bloody horrific teams.

We've always been underdogs against Spurs. No need to start slitting your wrists already.

4 of those 6 games were at St. James' Park and to say we have always been underdogs is utter bollocks.

"always" as in "during our six-match winning streak." Sorry if that confused you.

The first three of those wins came when Spurs finished fifth. I doubt anyone expected us to win for the other three either. It's fair to say that we were pretty big underdogs for all six.

I'm lost for words with you I really am, to think we were underdogs for those 6 games shows that you know nothing about football.

Humor the fool here then, when were we favorites to beat Spurs in those six games?

When Pattison, Huntington, and Ramage were holding down regular first-team places?

You are obviously clueless so I will not be bothering to answer these stupid questions.

You are obviously clueless so I will not be bothering to answer these stupid questions.

What the hell man :lol: what a way to promote reasonable debate eh?

You're right though. Fucking idiots do not deserve to be talked too. I think I'll take a page out of your book.

What the hell man :lol: what a way to promote reasonable debate eh?

You're right though. f***ing idiots do not deserve to be talked too. I think I'll take a page out of your book.

Good.

We were resurgent under Roeder and Shearer after Souness had been sacked and in the middle of a run which took us up to 7th place, it was towards the end of the season Spurs did have 5 away wins but failed to win at places like Bolton, Sunderland and West Brom, we were at home, no we were not underdogs.

Our 3rd win in a row, we are at home against a Spurs side that had only won 2 away games so far that season so no we were not underdogs.

We had made a decent start to the season under Fat Sam and were 10th, at home again and Spurs were sitting in 18th, yet to register an away win, so no we were not underdogs.

We had made a terrible start to the season but not as bad as Spurs, since JFK had came in as manager we were unbeaten at home including victory against high flying Aston Villa, Spurs were well below us in 16th, we were at home and so no we were not underdogs.

I'll give you that we were underdogs in the two away wins.

Happy now?

We were resurgent under Roeder and Shearer after Souness had been sacked and in the middle of a run which took us up to 7th place, it was towards the end of the season Spurs did have 5 away wins but failed to win at places like Bolton, Sunderland and West Brom, we were at home, no we were not underdogs.

Our 3rd win in a row, we are at home against a Spurs side that had only won 2 away games so far that season so no we were not underdogs.

We had made a decent start to the season under Fat Sam and were 10th, at home again and Spurs were sitting in 18th, yet to register an away win, so no we were not underdogs.

We had made a terrible start to the season but not as bad as Spurs, since JFK had came in as manager we were unbeaten at home including victory against high flying Aston Villa, Spurs were well below us in 16th, we were at home and so no we were not underdogs.

Happy now?

"here are some obscure statistics I spent the last half hour Googling that could conditionally support my argument, even then I couldn't find anything for two of the six though. But I have to protect my hard-ass image and I don't want to back down from my idiotically one-sided argument so I'll just pretend that I've actually proved something and keep being unnecessarily confrontational and condescending."

Got you.

Happy now?

"here are some obscure statistics I spent the last half hour Googling that could conditionally support my argument, even then I couldn't find anything for two of the six though. But I have to protect my hard-ass image and I don't want to back down from my idiotically one-sided argument so I'll just pretend that I've actually proved something and keep being unnecessarily confrontational and condescending."

Got you.

:spit:

What hard ass image would that be? :lol: Fucking hell.

You quite simply haven't got a clue.

Now would be a good time to agree that we just want the other person to fuck off.

I genuinely think we were underdogs for all six of the past wins against Spurs, but certainly I'd be willing to entertain anyone who'd like to offer an alternative opinion.

But instead people would rather be dicks on an internet forum and just spout off what they think are witty one liners. And I'm fucking sick of it.

This whole argument was probably somewhat unnecessary over what is a very minor point, and I take responsibility for being in a foul mood and contributing to the dross, but imo it encapsulates exactly what's wrong with how people speak to each other on here.

Now would be a good time to agree that we just want the other person to f*** off.

I genuinely think we were underdogs for all six of the past wins against Spurs, but certainly I'd be willing to entertain anyone who'd like to offer an alternative opinion.

But instead people would rather be dicks on an internet forum and just spout off what they think are witty one liners. And I'm f***ing sick of it.

This whole argument was probably somewhat unnecessary over what is a very minor point, and I take responsibility for being in a foul mood and contributing to the dross, but imo it encapsulates exactly what's wrong with how people speak to each other on here.

I don't want you to f*** off I just think your talking total bollocks, as do the two other posters who have quoted your original post on the matter.

In terms of how I've been talking to you, well it would be easier if you displayed any knowledge of the game but you simply don't.

I think perhaps it would be best if you found a new sport to follow. ;)

That's a joke, btw.

Now would be a good time to agree that we just want the other person to fuck off.

But instead people would rather be dicks on an internet forum and just spout off what they think are witty one liners. And I'm fucking sick of it.

Imagine how this forum will be if we get relegated?  :kinnear:

Still don't agree with ya. Saying that we've never had a right whatsoever to beat them is way too harsh on us, they aren't Barcelona ffs. Fair enough we're always shit when we play in London but I always fancy us to get results on our home turf against teams outside the top 4.

Guest firetotheworks

Old type, you crazaaay. Under :kinnear: s my erse.

When did you start supporting NUFC? 2, maybe 3 years ago?

Erm, haven't posted a great deal lately, but I would tend to agree with Oldtype in saying we have been underdogs in most of our away games to Spurs over the last few years. With respects to form at least. I would say it's been a rare thing where we've been favourites anywhere away from home [or at home, even] these past few seasons.

That said, I think the reason we've been so successful at WHL has been because they have usually been willing to play against us - unlike other teams that frustrate us until our historically slow/uncreative midfield [for the last two or three seasons anyway] run out of ideas, gives away possession, gets out-muscled and invites pressure onto a defence that can't handle it.

I suppose knowing that they will always attack us allows for a more open game where we can play like we play against the top sides with a greater chance of success [because they're Spurs, not a top side] - because Martins/Owen/Zog could break down one line of defence [as opposed to three] with a reasonable degree of success.

Knowing that, I could understand why people would think we're not underdogs at WHL... but with Newcastle, I would tend to agree with Oldtype despite our recent success at WHL... I wouldn't feel comfortable calling us favourites!

OK, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I've just spontaneously lost my mind.

Is the idea that we've been underdogs against Tottenham for our last six wins THAT ridiculous? :rolleyes:

I've simply no idea how this has snowballed in such an ugly manner.

OK, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I've just spontaneously lost my mind.

Is the idea that we've been underdogs against Tottenham for our last six wins THAT ridiculous? :rolleyes:

We've been underdogs in the press for most of those matches if it's any consolation! From my recollection, anyway. :)

I'm not saying you're completely wrong mate. Though I have to say, up to this season I've always thought we'd get something against Tottenham, as has probably most people. It's just the way you phrased it at first is what's making me :kinnear:

We are certainly underdogs now for the upcoming game and the last 2 away wins were really unexpected if we are honest with ourselves.

Beating them at home in the past was never a surprise mind.

We regularly tonked 7 past them not so long ago

Total overreaction to oldtype's posts.

The fact is most other fans wouldn't have expected us to beat Spurs in a few of the games we've played against them recently.

I'd say we've, on average, been on the level with Spurs, so saying we're were underdogs is hardly the worst post of the century.

I don't see why people would go and say **** like go and follow another sport.

Total overreaction to oldtype's posts.

The fact is most other fans wouldn't have expected us to beat Spurs in a few of the games we've played against them recently.

I'd say we've, on average, been on the level with Spurs, so saying we're were underdogs is hardly the worst post of the century.

I don't see why people would go and say **** like go and follow another sport.

yip

for all gregs context riposte is well and good we should all remember how shite we've been generally away from home in recent years - longer than that actually

i've been little short of amazed each of the times we've done spurs on the road, less surprised at SJP for the same reason reversed, i.e. spurs being brittle on the road as well