Joey Barton

JJ7

If it was anyone else it wouldn't have been a straight red.

Even if that were true (which I doubt), the only person to blame for his reputation is him. In which case he's even fucking thicker for making the 'tackle'.

It's conjecture obviously, but you think Gerrard or Scholes would have gone for that?

I've seen Gerrard perform tackles far worse than that in the past. He used to be renound for his love for a two footed lunge.

'They're picking on me' is the sort of excuse that Barton himself would come up with. Whatever the technicalities of the tackle, there was a clear intent to hurt or intimidate his opponent and that's why he walked.

I've been one of Barton's supporters, but I find his action unforgiveable. It was an unnecessary challenge, fuelled not be temper but by his desire to put Alonso in his place. We're a club in trouble, but it seems that Barton's ego is more important than that. Just who does he think he is?

I was answering the question if Gerrard would have gone for that, and he used to have a reputation for such things, so I answered in that respect.

Shearer has every right to be fucked off. I would agree that Barton doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry if this was a one off offence, but how many chances has he had. I am not a Barton hater either, I was all for another chance then he slaps us in the face. Someone said Shearer shouldn't have played him anyway because we had no chance. He needs match practice, a whole game would have done him a world of good for the Boro game.

Looking at the incident again I don't think that Alonso was as badly hurt as made out but that doesn't matter, it was a reckless challenge made with 2 feet off the ground, whether other people get away with it is irrelevant, yes it pisses you off but its his own fault in away.

IMO he has pissed on his chips for us now, and I for one think he has had enough chances. If he goes somewhere else and does well so be it, but we cannot afford to have such a loose cannon in our ranks given our position no matter how shite the rest of the midfield are.

I felt at the time when watching the match Barton shouldn't have been sent off and I still stand by my initial assessment of the situation.

Barton was thickheaded for putting himself in such a situation, there was no danger of Alonso doing anything with the ball, it looked like he was trying to settle an old score of an incident that happened earlier on in the game. I still don't feel it was a sending off though, and he was sent off purely based on his name.

Going by accounts as well of people at the game they said Alonso was on the stretcher right until he got to the dugout of which he got off immediately and was walking straight away. Something which the camera team and both the very biased Craig Burley neglected to mention.

I am also of the belief that Shearer shouldn't have said what he did after the game and should know to deal with things behind closed doors. That's obviously his inexperience and is something I'm hoping if he does continue the job he has started he should learn from. As from his post-match comments it's pretty clear Barton will never play for us again as long as Shearer is in charge.

all of this bar the shearer kicking off bit - i'm at the point where i want them named and shamed and thrown out of the door to the wolves

Same here. Good post but I was actually quite happy to see Shearer's reaction. That was him holding back a fair bit too.

I do like Shearer's honesty mind and his post-match interviews are quite refreshing. He seems to tell is like it us, so is very much like Keegan and Robson in that respect. Which also means I hang on his every word like I did their interviews, I just think incidents like that need to be dealt with internally.

*edit*

Actually I remember seeing a BBC documentary on SAF before which slated him and basically portrayed him as an absolute cunt (something of which I do agree with) and John Motson asked him a question along the lines of how will he deal with Roy Keane being yet again rather indisciplined and getting himself sent off. SAF just replied with "John fuck off, you know you're not supposed to ask me that." Then just walked away. :lol:

It was a sending off - the end.

Thats it for me! how stupid and egoistic can you be? Sell him in the summer....doesn´t seem like his head can be sorted out! It can cost points in the future and too much negative energy on a single player!

havent seen his challenge on alonso but the match is already lost and he knows he has a bad reputation! He could have played an important role for the last matches...but he blew it and have left his teammates and the club down! Get out!

For how long will he be banned...2 matches?

I've only seen it the once but wasn't Smith's two footed tackle worse than Barton's?

We've got two players with tempers that cost us. Nice work Allardyce.

Nobody think Smiths 2 footed, not going for the ball, never going to get there, challenge was on par if not worse?

I've only seen it the once but wasn't Smith's two footed tackle worse than Barton's?

We've got two players with tempers that cost us. Nice work Allardyce.

Nobody think Smiths 2 footed, not going for the ball, never going to get there, challenge was on par if not worse?

:snod:

It was only a yellow IMO but it's a shame because Joey was looking good in attack while playing AM, I can see why Al put him RM but I don't agree with it. I think a lot of Joey's frustration came from being stuck out there.

That's part of his problem though, he can't deal with frustration and when things don't go his way he has to explode. Gazza used to stick his tongue out, Barton lashes out violently, they both have serious pyschological problems.

Barton's a total head case and I want him out of the club asap!

If it was Scholes the commentators would have certainly had a different opinion.

exactly. i have seen far worse go unpunished this season, palacios last week for one. he has got the red for being joey barton imo (granted i watched it pissed up yesterday and havnt seen it since).

fact is though, he should be aware of his rep, and its going to go before him, so he needs to be more carefull.

thick cunt.

ship him out.

On first viewing of the incident it looked awful, from the ref's angle it was defintely not just a foul, but seeing the incident again i dont think there was any bad intent there and he did make decent contact with the ball; but yes bad tackle we get it yeh. As soon as he did it he knew what was coming, even on one of the earlier tackles in the game as soon as it went wrong he jumped up and tried to make amends, i dont think a red would have been given if it had of been any other player on the pitch (that wasnt already on a yellow).

But his track record it atrocious, so wanting him transferred is understandable and with an equally able replacement i wouldnt think twice about it, but insulting him is just unwarrented and needless.

On first viewing of the incident it looked awful, from the ref's angle it was defintely not just a foul, but seeing the incident again i dont think there was any bad intent there and he did make decent contact with the ball; but yes bad tackle we get it yeh. As soon as he did it he knew what was coming, even on one of the earlier tackles in the game as soon as it went wrong he jumped up and tried to make amends, i dont think a red would have been given if it had of been any other player on the pitch (that wasnt already on a yellow).

But his track record it atrocious, so wanting him transferred is understandable and with an equally able replacement i wouldnt think twice about it, but insulting him is just unwarrented and needless.

bit in bold is the only bit i disagree with, barton is patently as thick as shit and a total cunt as well

approach it from nothing other than the pov of NUFC - we've been crying out for him to come back for the run in and he flies in when the game is over and in a needless area knowing full well his reputation and what the reaction of the kop would be

if that's not the behaviour of a thick cunt i don't know what is

Guest Phil K

Well, theres some nuggets like "JimmyMag" who are allowing the media to do their thinking for them and going on as if Barton attacked the Liverpool player with a machete !

I thought it a rash challenge, and also like most of you, have seen FAR worse go unpunished.

It was an Anfield refs decision. If done by a Liverpool player, fine and dandy. Done by a Newcastle player, a physical assault. (Watch the rags try to make more of it in the next few days to prove my point - Shearer shouldn't play their game)

And insulting Barton is also allowing the rags to do your thinking for you too..... :rolleyes:

Barton's a total head case and I want him out of the club asap!

And replace with who, pray tell ?

We're a bit short at the moment as is - of course, no surprise YOU can't see the obvious.

Well, theres some nuggets like "JimmyMag" who are allowing the media to do their thinking for them and going on as if Barton attacked the Liverpool player with a machete !

I thought it a rash challenge, and also like most of you, have seen FAR worse go unpunished.

It was an Anfield refs decision. If done by a Liverpool player, fine and dandy. Done by a Newcastle player, a physical assault. (Watch the rags try to make more of it in the next few days to prove my point - Shearer shouldn't play their game)

Yes...it's all everyone else's fault, Barton is an innocent victim every time. Let's all sing his name while he sits on his sofa watching us go down on the telly.

Cheers Joey, thanks for everything and enjoy the wages.

Guest Phil K

And TRon wallows in the effective midfield we have enjoyed so much for the past three-four months.

You and Jimmymag make a good pair.

Tell me - would you have been surprised if a Liverpool player had got away with that tackle ?

Or UNsurprised ? do you feel that the furore is more media managed or a truly horrific tackle ?

Guest toonlass

I didn't see it very well cos I was at the other end of the ground, so couldn't see if it was or not. But watching it on MOTD2 last night, it was a stupid, unnecessary challenge that could have easily hurt Alonso a lot more. Deserved the red imo.

The bit about the stretcher was right, they got Alonso to the tunnel and he got off and the stretcher was immediately folded up and brought back out.

Guest Mcdonald36

Shearer is as honest as they come and if he says it was a Red then it was.

He was off the floor and reckless. If he'd made full contact with Alonso's standing leg he could have broken it.

And insulting Barton is also allowing the rags to do your thinking for you too..... :rolleyes:

i thought it was harsh at the time but the replays i was seeing weren't the best, it was a yellow for me

barton deserves everything thrown at him for this one the prick, same as mickey "one chance" owen blowing his one chance every fucking time he gets it

i can forgive shit players if they're just shit, i can't forgive the bullshit these two perpetuate week in week out in a B&W shirt

bit in bold is the only bit i disagree with, barton is patently as thick as shit and a total cunt as well

approach it from nothing other than the pov of NUFC - we've been crying out for him to come back for the run in and he flies in when the game is over and in a needless area knowing full well his reputation and what the reaction of the kop would be

if that's not the behaviour of a thick cunt i don't know what is

Can't argue with that, but for the bit above whats in bold i dont know enough about him to say he's 'thick as shit' but his actions on the football field do give an horrendus impression, i do think he genuiely regretted it straight after and there wasnt alot of anger as such but thats far to late, there shouldnt have been the tackle in the first place.

And TRon wallows in the effective midfield we have enjoyed so much for the past theree-four months.

How many games has Barton been available to play in during the last two years? You'd have a hard job picking him if the pillock is suspended. Good luck on that one.

And TRon wallows in the effective midfield we have enjoyed so much for the past three-four months.

if he wallows in it it's because barton has just removed any chance he had of seeing a competent midfielder by being a pigshit think cunt

hope swine flu reigns down on the prick