Joey Barton

JJ7

What an idiot, after the second goal went in I said aslong as noone gets sent off we still have a good chance of staying up, and most of that was due to Barton being back, as he offers us drive. But what a fucking prick, needless tackle, potentially relegated us, as he Viduka and Martins are the only guys that can get us out of the mess.

his mind is already somewhere else. Did you see the game today??

I almost wish he was shit. The whole situation wouldn't be quite so frustrating then.

There wouldn't be a situation if he was shit. He wouldn't have been allowed to stay.

Should have been playing guthrie from the start anyway. hope he gets his chance now, buggered if h know who will partner him. worse still, with barton letting us down yet again it will probably mean seeing him shipped out and smith staying next season.

I almost wish he was shit. The whole situation wouldn't be quite so frustrating then.

There wouldn't be a situation if he was shit. He wouldn't have been allowed to stay.

Au contraire. :laugh:

Just saw the red card and honestly wasn't as bad as what I was expecting.  It was hardly the career-ending horror the scousers were making out to be - Smith's one that got him a yellow was worse, he just failed to make contact.

I said when he came back I don't mind him getting sent off occassionaly if he's good and keeps his head down off the pitch.  It's just the timing of this that's painful, he looked promisingtoday and thought he'd be good against Boro.

Guest Eves10

Just got back from the game, not seen the replay yet, but i do think some refs look at players like Barton & think red straight away, rather than taking 60 seconds to speak to the linesman & think about things!

Didn't realise at the time that Alonso had stayed down until I saw the stretcher.

Haven't seen a replay as yet but feel very let down by a player who I thought gave us some hope for the next few games.

Didn't realise at the time that Alonso had stayed down until I saw the stretcher.

Haven't seen a replay as yet but feel very let down by a player who I thought gave us some hope for the next few games.

Alonso allowed them to carry him all the way to the dugout and then got off the stretcher & walked to his seat.

Shearer won't select him again, even next season if he's here. He didn't even give him the slightest glance as he walked past.

Shearer said he had to go, he let himself and the club down, they will now deal with him.

Shearer - Barton deserved to go

Alan Shearer had no sympathy for Joey Barton who was sent off in Newcastle's 3-0 defeat at Liverpool.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5275284,00.html

Sad train-wreck that is Joey Barton. My lord I was so happy to see him in the side as he is just loads better than the others we have in CM.  He's so many mental issues he needs to do away with football and get his life sorted. He has to be one of the most idiotic footballers I've ever seen, what a waste of talent man.

Guest helios_centric

It was always likely to happen. I'm glad it happened in this game when the result was not in doubt and not 20 minutes into one of our remaining games.

Last game in the shirt for him and good riddance with a bit of luck.

If it was anyone else it wouldn't have been a straight red.

Even if that were true (which I doubt), the only person to blame for his reputation is him. In which case he's even fucking thicker for making the 'tackle'.