Joey Barton

JJ7

He should never wear the black and white shirt again.

I'd be very surprised if he does, especially if Shearer stays. He'll be shipped out to someone like Birmingham.

I'd be very surprised if he does, especially if Shearer stays. He'll be shipped out to someone like Birmingham.

He'll get on well with Lee Bowyer.

He'll get on well with Lee Bowyer.

That was my thinking. They had Pennant too. :pow:

Btw I don't know what the craic is with this paranoia; it's the same with the whining about the first goal being an inch offside.

We were f***ing battered today with or without the officials, their decisions made no difference to the result. Barton deserved to be sent off for his absolute lack of any kind of brains anyway. As someone said elsewhere, I actually prefer him f***ing up today than in a game where it actually means something.

Of course it wouldn't have made a difference to the result, but if that's the standard of refereeing we are to expect in the last 3 games, we might as well pack our bags for the Championship now.

Putting the Barton decision aside (because I'm sick of it being debated :lol:), I can't name one good decision the referee or his assistants made. In fact, like I said in the match thread, every decision or attack that involved a possible offside was called completely wrong today by the assistants (Owen, Viduka at least twice, a couple of the Liverpool attacks/goals etc.).

It's pathetic if they can't even call an offside anymore.

Guest dover

To think Keegan fought to keep this bloke, and he doesnt give a fuck, give him his p45 pronto!

To think Keegan fought to keep this bloke, and he doesnt give a fuck, give him his p45 pronto!

what the fucks this P45 shit like?  he's a professional footballer on a lucrative long term contract

so yeah, lets give him his P45 this morning wrapped around the fucking huge amount of money we'd have to pay him to do so

sell him in the summer for any amount of money - wigan or brum or someone will buy him for a decent fee i reckon though

If it was anyone else it wouldn't have been a straight red.

Even if that were true (which I doubt), the only person to blame for his reputation is him. In which case he's even fucking thicker for making the 'tackle'.

It's conjecture obviously, but you think Gerrard or Scholes would have gone for that?

I've seen Gerrard perform tackles far worse than that in the past. He used to be renound for his love for a two footed lunge.

Even if that were true (which I doubt), the only person to blame for his reputation is him. In which case he's even fucking thicker for making the 'tackle'.

It's conjecture obviously, but you think Gerrard or Scholes would have gone for that?

I've seen Gerrard perform tackles far worse than that in the past. He used to be renound for his love for a two footed lunge.

'They're picking on me' is the sort of excuse that Barton himself would come up with. Whatever the technicalities of the tackle, there was a clear intent to hurt or intimidate his opponent and that's why he walked.

I've been one of Barton's supporters, but I find his action unforgiveable. It was an unnecessary challenge, fuelled not be temper but by his desire to put Alonso in his place. We're a club in trouble, but it seems that Barton's ego is more important than that. Just who does he think he is?

'They're picking on me' is the sort of excuse that Barton himself would come up with. Whatever the technicalities of the tackle, there was a clear intent to hurt or intimidate his opponent and that's why he walked.

I've been one of Barton's supporters, but I find his action unforgiveable. It was an unnecessary challenge, fuelled not be temper but by his desire to put Alonso in his place. We're a club in trouble, but it seems that Barton's ego is more important than that. Just who does he think he is?

i'll be interested to see just how badly injured alonso is after being stretchered off, looked like barton barely touched him to me

i'll be interested to see just how badly injured alonso is after being stretchered off, looked like barton barely touched him to me

So what? It's the intention that counts, not the end result.

So what? It's the intention that counts, not the end result.

never said it was, just said i'd be interested to see

I felt at the time when watching the match Barton shouldn't have been sent off and I still stand by my initial assessment of the situation.

Barton was thickheaded for putting himself in such a situation, there was no danger of Alonso doing anything with the ball, it looked like he was trying to settle an old score of an incident that happened earlier on in the game. I still don't feel it was a sending off though, and he was sent off purely based on his name.

Going by accounts as well of people at the game they said Alonso was on the stretcher right until he got to the dugout of which he got off immediately and was walking straight away. Something which the camera team and both the very biased Craig Burley neglected to mention.

I am also of the belief that Shearer shouldn't have said what he did after the game and should know to deal with things behind closed doors. That's obviously his inexperience and is something I'm hoping if he does continue the job he has started he should learn from. As from his post-match comments it's pretty clear Barton will never play for us again as long as Shearer is in charge.