Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest neesy111

the one and only time ashley could have done a positive thing and it's the one time he let keegan have 100% control of

typical us

Guest Mcdonald36

I like him. At least he gives a f***.

So much so that he made himself unavailable for the rest of the season. :thup:

Not denying that he has an arse for brains at times, but if there was a few more with his aggression and desire, we'd be safe.

Not denying that he has an arse for brains at times, but if there was a few more with his aggression and desire, we'd be safe.

Probably right. :sadnod:

Guest thenorthumbrian

How would we be safe if more of our squad was like Barton ?

Half of them would be doing jail time.

Guest Mcdonald36

How many people have been sent off this season as a result of tackling Alonso..

He certainly has a lot of protection from referees, it's a joke.

Why would he need protection when they were all sending off offences?

On a parallel world somewhere, he would have overcome his mental problems, avoided injury, and become a cracking player and England international.

Instead, the next time he plays football it will probably be in the Championship either with us (hopefully not,) or some other desperate club.

Guest Brewcastle

Send Barton anywhere...... It¨s many other players "out there" with much more value and skill than him. For example Per Ciljan Skjelbred from Rosenborg, Norway.

The problem with Barton is that he thinks he can make his own rules, according to what he himself thinks is right and wrong. He had got annoyed with Alonso earlier on, when he figured that Alonso was trying to act injured after a harmless challenge. I reckon he felt that Alonso deserved to be sorted out, and so he put far more into that tackle than he needed to. And Joey - it doesn't matter if you get the ball either - if you jump in two-footed it's a red.

Barton has this arrogant attitude that he can take the law into his own hands and dispense his own justice. He probably thinks he's acting out of principle, but he's part of a team of 11 men and he's just being selfish.

I don't think he'd lost his temper, which would have made the foul a bit more understandable. It's the general attitude that he brings to the game.

What an idiot, after the second goal went in I said aslong as noone gets sent off we still have a good chance of staying up, and most of that was due to Barton being back, as he offers us drive. But what a fucking prick, needless tackle, potentially relegated us, as he Viduka and Martins are the only guys that can get us out of the mess.

"He deserved to be sent off, he has let himself and the club down," said Shearer, who also admitted "we will do what we have to do" regarding a club fine.

"He was not unlucky, the referee was spot-on. There was no need for him to do that in such a position."

Everything about Shearer changed when he was questioned about Barton. Voice dropped and looked like he was really holding back. I have no doubts Barton has/will  been verbally raped in the face.

At first I tried to convince myself that it was harsh as he touched the ball, but it was a reckless challenge, he put the other man in danger and there was more intent in hitting Alonso that the ball IMO. That kind of challege is a red card offense whether they take the ball or not. He had to go. What a fool, how many chances has he had now?

If Shearer does stay I don't think Barton will after that. Gutted, I thought at times he used the ball well and looked sharpish considering the lack of playing time this season. But fuck him, hes gone now lets get behind the players that we have a available, if we can't beat Boro next week at home then we don't deserve to be in the Premiership. Hopefully Shearer wil keep his bottle and keep Owen on the bench.

Still soured by this to be honest. People have invested a lot of hope in his return coinciding with an upturn in fortunes as he is undoubtedly the best of a rotten bunch of central midfielders and he's thrown it back in their faces - again - to settle a personal score that has cropped up during a competitive game of football. Now I'm not a massive fan of his at all and would have happily seen him sacked-off when he got jailed, but he is the one man left who could have provided a bit of spark and impetus to a team which is dead on it's arse, even if he wasn't 100% or playing brilliantly (which he probably wouldn't have been).

Good player, absolute psychopath - but who didn't know that already? We cannot keep giving him second chances. Hope that's the end of him here.

We're now hoping that one of Smith, Butt, Guthrie or Nolan starts doing something out of the ordinary - or that Geremi comes back in from the cold (again) to provide some semblance of footballing ability to the centre of the park.

That list of players hurts my balls, to be honest. Overpaid, under-performing wankers to a man.