Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest Heneage

Joey does seem to carry around this sense of injustice, which keeps spilling out. I don't think his comments about Capello selecting the 'big names' are very sensible.

I'd argue against that point quite strongly to be honest.

I think Barton's very open and honest about his past mis-givings and why right now he doesn't deserve to be near the squad. I'd also go to say he speaks a lot of sense when it comes to the game as a whole, his interview on Norwegian television showed he is a very intelligent person. I think Capello and England do just pick the big names. The talk of form being picked was bollocks.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I saw Joey Barton trending on twitter and my first thought was he had knocked some fucker out again.  :facepalm:

Joey does seem to carry around this sense of injustice, which keeps spilling out. I don't think his comments about Capello selecting the 'big names' are very sensible.

I'd argue against that point quite strongly to be honest.

I think Barton's very open and honest about his past mis-givings and why right now he doesn't deserve to be near the squad. I'd also go to say he speaks a lot of sense when it comes to the game as a whole, his interview on Norwegian television showed he is a very intelligent person. I think Capello and England do just pick the big names. The talk of form being picked was bollocks.

There's a lot of flannel in that statement of Barton's, but the substance is that he thinks he can do better than one or two of the players who were picked, and that they got their places on reputation rather than ability. He's said something similar in the past.

Whether or not that's true, it's not sensible for him to say so. If he can get back to full fitness, he's an international player, but Capello has had enough trouble with friction in the squad already, and might not want to add another opinionated character who thinks he knows what the manager should be doing.

Guest Antigalican

Could solve a major issue with our team if he could get back to his best and achieve consistency.

Getting fit, and staying fit, is a big enough challenge for him. He's been an utter crock for us. 47 games in 3 years, appalling. Not even sure he's missed that many games due to suspensions/prison, as he always seems to pick up an injury every few weeks that has him out for months.

And he's been s*** on average when he has played for us, whilst at best (the few weeks he played under Keegan) he's looked a very average, very slow mid-table Premiership midfielder. A decent first touch and confident passing is nice, but he thinks he's better than he is, which makes him play like a bit of a dick, which in turn makes him look worse as he's constantly losing the ball.

Getting into the England squad would be like climbing Mount Everest for him, don't think the FA or Capello would take a risk on someone as f***ed in the head as he has shown himself to be (irrespective of his whining and AA confessions off the pitch).

Getting fit, and staying fit, is a big enough challenge for him. He's been an utter crock for us. 47 games in 3 years, appalling. Not even sure he's missed that many games due to suspensions/prison, as he always seems to pick up an injury every few weeks that has him out for months.

And he's been s*** on average when he has played for us, whilst at best (the few weeks he played under Keegan) he's looked a very average, very slow mid-table Premiership midfielder. A decent first touch and confident passing is nice, but he thinks he's better than he is, which makes him play like a bit of a dick, which in turn makes him look worse as he's constantly losing the ball.

Getting into the England squad would be like climbing Mount Everest for him, don't think the FA or Capello would take a risk on someone as f***ed in the head as he has shown himself to be (irrespective of his whining and AA confessions off the pitch).

When he gets a run of games he gets good. Unfortunatly he's had alot of injuries, but hopefully those are behind him. He can do things, like that pass at Plymouth, that others can't.

I absolutely love the bloke.

:kinnear:

Just the £9m taken off us so far for fuck-all except all these pathetic little soundbites.  Can he not just shut the fuck up til he's played a few games?

Why does it matter? Unless he gets injured on the way to or from the interview, it's not like he's going to be any better or worse for talking to a journalist. I'd rather he came out with positive stuff like this (about him and his team mates tbh), than something negative.

In the end, all this is about is some journalist asking him if he thinks he's good enough for one day getting another England cap. His choices are either to go along with it and have a positive spin on the article, or he says no comment and the journo will dig up something about him and how his brother is in prison and bla bla bla.

Guest firetotheworks

Just the £9m taken off us so far for f***-all except all these pathetic little soundbites. Can he not just shut the f*** up til he's played a few games?

Why does it matter? Unless he gets injured on the way to or from the interview, it's not like he's going to be any better or worse for talking to a journalist. I'd rather he came out with positive stuff like this (about him and his team mates tbh), than something negative.

In the end, all this is about is some journalist asking him if he thinks he's good enough for one day getting another England cap. His choices are either to go along with it and have a positive spin on the article, or he says no comment and the journo will dig up something about him and how his brother is in prison and bla bla bla.

Why have an interview in the first place? He's probably had more interviews than matches ffs. It's not that I disagree with what he says, but I'm sick of him talking the big fight, when he should just f***ing get on with it and actually prove that he's the best midfielder at the club. It's pointless saying you have a Ferrari in the garage if its engines f***ed.

Just the £9m taken off us so far for f***-all except all these pathetic little soundbites.  Can he not just shut the f*** up til he's played a few games?

Why have an interview in the first place. He's probably had more interviews than matches ffs. It's not that I disagree with what he says, but I'm sick of him taking the big fight, when he should just fucking get on with it and actually prove that he's the best midfielder at the club. It's pointless saying you have a ferrari in the garage if its engines fucked.

on the money again KI - been our problem for as long as i can remember, too much fucking talk from everybody, never enough actual performances

shut up, go out and win us at least one game with a stand out performance before mouthing it ffs Barton

Barton needs to do his talking on the field - the days when he was viewed as possible England material are long gone(although even HE might be considered for the current England side - and that's hardly a compliment...!).

When he starts to dominate the midfield during the forthcoming PL season, then he can make his mouth go, although he has never had a problem doing the latter....

Unless he does the business this season, his career will fade away.

I remember Barton bursting on the scene, looked better than Gerrard at that age, same kind of influence over a game, cracking long shots and formidable work rate, looked a complete player almost instantly. I never thought this would have been his path, even when we signed him I thought if we could just get him back to that player we've scored. Unfortunately all the worst came out of him, his injuries, his temperament on and off the pitch and he's now a million miles away from the lad that looked like a potential world class star all them years ago. Right now Barton would do well to be a respected average Premiership quality midfielder.