Joey Barton

JJ7

Alonso gets another player sent off. Im not implying its deliberate, but it's pretty strange, and a lot of them have been very contentious.

He also got up off the stretcher and walked down the tunnel apparently.

Alonso gets another player sent off. Im not implying its deliberate, but it's pretty strange, and a lot of them have been very contentious.

He also got up off the stretcher and walked down the tunnel apparently.

He was having the time of his life on that stretcher, didn't look remotely hurt or in pain. I am sure I spotted Viduka looking over enviously as one point aswell.

I never thought that it was a red card! IMO he just got the tackle completely wrong timed, of course it was reckless, but never a red card.

I just hope now that he won't be suspended for the next three games.

It was no red card, yellow at the most.

I never thought that it was a red card! IMO he just got the tackle completely wrong timed, of course it was reckless, but never a red card.

Clear red card

Guest firetotheworks

how on earth ppl can defend barton is beyond me tbh, shocking challenge

Nobodies defending him, or the challenge. Some of us are questioning whether its a red card though, and imo it was a yellow. He took the ball.

It was no red card, yellow at the most.

Clear red card

Never a red card not in a million years it was just Bartons reputation making the mind up of the referee.

Guest neesy111

Shearer thought it was a red card, for those not watching.

sound's like he's going to twat him in the manner he's speaking

Anyone thinking it was a two footed tackle on the man, needs to get their eyes checked. One foot goes first, gets some of the ball, and a small bit of Alonso. Second foot follows, since it's attached to Barton's body. The foot is not coming studs up, it's coming with the knee. Alonso gets trapped in between the first foot and the last foot with one of his feet, and falls.

Seeing how the ref did not see it from a good angle, I can understand why he thinks it's two footed on the man. But from another angle, you see it's not exactly a tackle Barton should make. But not worthy of a red card, as it's neither foul play or violent conduct. It's just a semi-mistimed tackle, should be nothing more than a yellow. All this is just knee-jerking because it was Barton who got the card. Had it been Jonas, people would be all "Aww, bless, unlucky." It's the worst kind of kneejerking I've seen around here in ages, fucking hell. Get laser-eye surgery, or glasses. Use your imagination and place someone else than Barton doing the tackle, you'd not be saying what you're saying now.

Doesn't he have a suspended ban hanging over him?

I've defended him up to now on the basis that he is likely the best we have at this moment in time. I think he's shot his bolt now though he's became indefencable.

Looked good until he was shifted to RW, honestly how can Barton not have played CM in that second half. Half the reason he's probably done that tackle is out of frustration of not playing in the position he should rightfully be in. If Shearer can drop Owen he has to drop Butt, it's clear as day he is a huge problem for us.

Guest neesy111

a reckless challenge is a red card imo and it is to the rules

so it's a red card

Guest Dev

when barton got red carded was the first time i actually thought we may go down.

still reckon we won't though.