Mark Viduka

lovejoy

He was immense tonight and put Michael Owen to shame who I hope never wears our colors again. I refused to clap Owen off but Viduka got one, although not quite as strongly as others had lavished him with. Viduka as good a footballer as he undoubtedly is, head and shoulders above anyone at our club in terms of brain, technique, control and skill etc., he still remains a part of the overall and general malaise at United. That said, I enjoyed his performance immensely and give him credit for literally running himself into the ground. With Viduka you feel he needs a manager who gets behind him and works on him, keeps on top of him constantly, otherwise he just gets sloppy in terms of training and fitness. The stories of him from his days at Leeds and Boro are legendary. I can imagine Kinnear letting him basically train in a very lax way. Under Shearer that isn't going to happen. I'd get shot after the season ends though and that goes for a number of them. Owen will do well to find himself a half decent team, he is shot as a footballer if not so much as a goalscorer.

I don't think I've actually heard any. Care to share big bear?

Best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Which is accoding to the VMI (the Vidkuka mass index) quite a whale.

Shame no else player could have this kind of touch and ability to get the best out of his team mates. Too little, too late...

One of the most gifted players to pull on a black and white shirt. Pity he's wasted his talent.

If Shearer had the raw skill of Viduka, he'd have been possibly THE greatest striker. His touch, the way he holds onto the ball, the way he seems to wriggle free of 2 or 3 players with his footwork, the link-up play...immense striker.

Glad to see some appreciation.  Definitely worth of MotM despite not scoring.  He's a class player, I'd start him every week.  Even on his more quiet games he has a touch of class that makes him important i think, but especially worked hard tonight.

I'd be happy with him staying for another year if he'll accept £30,000 a week with a decent appearance and goal bonus.  No way in hell is he worth his current astrononical wages though.

One of the most gifted players to pull on a black and white shirt. Pity he's wasted his talent.

If Shearer had the raw skill of Viduka, he'd have been possibly THE greatest striker. His touch, the way he holds onto the ball, the way he seems to wriggle free of 2 or 3 players with his footwork, the link-up play...immense striker.

I said this a while back actually. If you give Viduka Shearer's professionalism he'd have been right at the top of the footballing world

I'd be happy with him staying for another year if he'll accept £30,000 a week with a decent appearance and goal bonus.  No way in hell is he worth his current astrononical wages though.

He'll get a better wage somewhere else on that performance and he's welcome to it. He clearly doesn't want to work for it. That fucking volley that hit the post though...fuck me, was that class or what? :lol:

Be careful, thats what he wants you to think! No suprise the performances are happening now he knows the is the possibility of bleeding us dry of another bundle of cash before he retires.

He is gifted and still the man when he wants to be but he day of Newcastle United carrying that kind of player needs to be over. Aim to replace him ASAP as far as i'm concerned, he isnt really even a decent squad player, if he isnt playing he loses motivation and fitness, at his age he is too much of liability.

For all his weaknesses, he can't half control a ball.  Something comes flying at him hoofed from god knows where and within a second of him touching it it's on the deck, dead.  And he's fully confident he can keep a hold of it until the ball's there to play.

Tragic waste of a truly brilliant footballer, and we've been saying that all along. He was at his best tonight and in many ways it's excruciating. I'd have loved to see him in a good Newcastle team.

By far and away the best football player on our books, but it's always been the case. Shockingly mis-managed at times but he has to take the burden for his wasted times here and elsewhere. Could have been an all-time great with better application and more desire.

Guest GeordieInExile

Offer him a pay as you play deal. The bloke is class, he clearly proved that tonight - it's making sure he gets on the pitch that's the challenge.

Tragic waste of a truly brilliant footballer, and we've been saying that all along. He was at his best tonight and in many ways it's excruciating. I'd have loved to see him in a good Newcastle team.

Pretty random tangent, but it seemed pretty awkward when Steven Taylor was handing him his MotM champagne during the Setanta interview.

I'm probably reading too deeply into it but perhaps he's a bit aloof and doesn't really get along with the lads that well? (Understandable I suppose given his age/reputation)

Pretty random tangent, but it seemed pretty awkward when Steven Taylor was handing him his MotM champagne during the Setanta interview.

I'm probably reading too deeply into it but perhaps he's a bit aloof and doesn't really get along with the lads that well? (Understandable I suppose given his age/reputation)

Taylor probably thought he deserved it.