Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get him games, get his confidence up, free up some wages to pay Lovenkrands it's great business..

Lovenkrands is on his way? Brilliant, in that case panic over.

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

I'm just surprised It's taken this long for one of our Spanish-speaking players to leave. I bet if you'd asked anybody after the Villa game, Xisco, Enrique, Gutierrez and Coloccini would have been the most common choices for early exits.

Shak, as someone who has seen every single minute of Xisco's NUFC career so far, both at first team and reserve level i would say he's both a terrible player and terrible signing.

Would have liked to see him given a shot but I'll bow to this opinion.

I remember when the news broke out that Newcastle was paying pretty penny for Xisco. It was a collective Wh-What? accompanied of Lendoiro filling up his car's fuel tank to drive him up the chunnel.

But I reckon that unless you plan on lining up cardboard figures of Shearer, Beardsley and MacDonald, you should have kept him.

I don't know how to feel about this one. We can't afford to lose players, but Xisco has never proved his worth here. IF he is being sent off so we can bring in another player without raising the wage bill, then I'll be happy, but I'll believe that when I see it. Most likely he wanted to leave and we granted him his wish.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The way Keegan walked ruined any chance of him being a success here & also means he's better off gone in the long run.

Ministry of Silly Walks?

The way Keegan walked Ashley decided to run and refused to get a proper replacement for Keegan ruined any chance of him being a success here & also means he's better off gone in the long run.

Let's not start this argument AGAIN ffs, there's a thread for it.

Can't believe we're letting a striker go out on loan when we're as short up there as we are, unreal.

Get him games, get his confidence up, free up some wages to pay Lovenkrands it's great business..

Nice theory, one small problem, according to NUFC.COM, Loven could be off to Brum, would make sense with Mcleish being there.

Xisco is suffering a groin injury. He won't pass the medical.

Don't need a medical for a loan do you? Nacho didn't!

Nacho played for us and was fit when he arrived

Oh right I thought he was injured when he arrived, got fit, played, got injured, left.

5/Sep/09   

Newcastle flop Xisco deliberately 'stopped playing' to force move away from club - Brina McNally, The Mirror

Newcastle flop Xisco has admitted he stopped playing to end his Tyneside nightmare and engineer a loan move back to Spain.

The £5.7million striker has signed a season-long deal with Racing Santander after making just three league starts for Newcastle.

But his confession will enrage the Toon Army.

Table-topping Newcastle had just one fit striker – teenage rookie Nile Ranger – for their 1-0 win over Leicester after Xisco said he had a groin injury.

But after signing for Santander last Monday Xisco, 23, was able to do full training on Wednesday.

Xisco said: “After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave. I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.”

Xisco’s comments almost certainly ensure his career at St James’ Park is over.

He added: “If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.”

Newcastle have added out-of-favour Sunderland’s Northern Ireland striker David Healy to their list of possible loan targets.

Silly me. I searched for "Xisco" on the forum to see if this had been posted already. I should have looked for "Chutney Ferret".

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64375.0.html

• 2 months later...
Guest Heneage

Salamanca are a decent Second Division side. Not *that* bad.

Ah well, that's where Arsenal send some of their kids is it not? Vela springs to mind as having gone there when he needed his EU passport.