Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chicken little

if this guy's much rumoured 50k a week is true, then one year's worth of his wages is enough to buy one moussa sissoko.

it's pretty quaint having a pointless relic of how fucked up things used to be, but that's nought next to the cleansing and renewal of watching the poor cunt piss off for good.

I feel sorry for him, he was never really given a chance here, at least not a proper one, and when you think of the players who were given countless chances instead of him during his time here you would be pissed off if you were him. Ranger, Owen, Viduka, Shola, Harewood all of them have been here and been getting games ahead of him. He's not a bad player either I feel saddened that he's wasted 5 years of his playing career being here.

At no point was he bothered enough about his career to sacrifice a penny of the money we're contracted to pay him, why feel sorry for the bloke, he's obviously happy enough doing what he's doing.  Though I'm sure once he leaves, and there's no longer any risk of losing so much as a weeks wages in fines, he'll tell us about the hell he's gone through over the past several years  :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for him, he was never really given a chance here, at least not a proper one, and when you think of the players who were given countless chances instead of him during his time here you would be pissed off if you were him. Ranger, Owen, Viduka, Shola, Harewood all of them have been here and been getting games ahead of him. He's not a bad player either I feel saddened that he's wasted 5 years of his playing career being here.

this 100%

Didn't he once admit to feigning injury to force a move? Or is that an urban legend?

Really, once he's been under several managers here and on loan, and none has fully trusted in him, it just tells you something. Depor had a strike force that made Heskey and Carlton Cole look like Pelé and Gerd Müller and he got about a dozen starts in two seasons there on loan.

Didn't he once admit to feigning injury to force a move? Or is that an urban legend?

Really, once he's been under several managers here and on loan, and none has fully trusted in him, it just tells you something. Depor had a strike force that made Heskey and Carlton Cole look like Pelé and Gerd Müller and he got about a dozen starts in two seasons there on loan.

Because they wouldn't give the poor little fella a chance.

Stay strong sweet Xisco  :weep:

I actually agree with this. He's not worth the money. No doubt about that.

But he is tarred by the D. Wise brush, and it's not his fault.

He's had very little chance to show what he could do, and is prejudiced against for the time he came in, and what it sparked

Still - I'll be happy to see him off back to Spain, and especially off the payroll, for all that !

I actually agree with this. He's not worth the money. No doubt about that.

But he is tarred by the D. Wise brush, and it's not his fault.

He's had very little chance to show what he could do, and is prejudiced against for the time he came in, and what it sparked

Still - I'll be happy to see him off back to Spain, for all that !

How does that explain him not getting chances out on loan? ???

He's had his chances, didn't Pardew say something a couple of months ago saying he'd only just started showing signs of life in training? Just because he's not been in any squads doesn't mean he's not had a chance to show something in training or for the reserves. I'm not going to feel sorry for him for ruining he career, I don't know if he's tried to force a move or something behind the scenes but i'm sure he's more than happy to sit around and pick up his 50k a week.

Er....he WAS on loan wasn't he ? In Spain ?

Guessing he means that even when he was at other clubs they barely even played him. Can hardly blame that on the Wise effect.

Er....he WAS on loan wasn't he ? In Spain ?

Yes, if you read above he started about 6 games a season despite the players in front of him being pretty shite.

I don't know why some can't accept that the player in question might just not be good enough. Some of the reasons given for Xisco not getting games have been hilarious :lol:

Yes, if you read above he started about 6 games a season despite the players in front of him being pretty s****.

I don't know why some can't accept that the player in question might just not be good enough. Some of the reasons given for Xisco not getting games have been hilarious :lol:

Understand the team he did play over there for, wanted him back. That wouldn't have happened if he was just farting about while there

Can only be two viable explanations for me, either a) he's just not good enough/lacks any kind of motivation b) the rumours of us having to pay appearance premium are true. Either way it didn't work out and good luck to him, waste of a shirt number and £50k a week. The last remnant of what was wrong with this club in the inflated prices/stupid wages era.

Anyone who thinks Xisco didn't get a fair chance at NUFC should make sure they continue to follow his career when he leaves NUFC. You'll see how good he is then.

My opinion of him is that he must be shite. In his time at NUFC, none of the numerous managers have ever given him a run in the team. Even when he went out on loan he wasn't a regular. Deportivo had him on loan when they were in Segunda División and he still didn't impress.

Anyone who thinks Xisco didn't get a fair chance at NUFC should make sure they continue to follow his career when he leaves NUFC. You'll see how good he is then.

My opinion of him is that he must be s****. In his time at NUFC, none of the numerous managers have ever given him a run in the team. Even when he went out on loan he wasn't a regular. Deportivo had him on loan when they were in Segunda División and he still didn't impress.

This. I saw him once in a pre-season game and just felt embarrassed for the lad.

Must have been in absolute dreamland when we came knocking with that contract. Said himself he wouldn't have moved if the wages weren't so high.

I don't feel sorry for him, he moved for the money like many would and put his career second. I don't believe that the managers we've had since he's been here have all been oblivious to his footballing ability (maybe Kinnear!), he probably has just not been good enough.

Must have been in absolute dreamland when we came knocking with that contract. Said himself he wouldn't have moved if the wages weren't so high.

I don't feel sorry for him, he moved for the money like many would and put his career second. I don't believe that the managers we've had since he's been here have all been oblivious to his footballing ability (maybe Kinnear!), he probably has just not been good enough.

I still remember the collective ??? in Spanish football forums when you came in for him. He was never such a big prospect to begin with, and had just had his first half-decent season as a pro. And then comes NUFC with €8m and the wages of a prince.

Surely you should have a street dedicated to Newcastle in La Coruña, no other club has done more to ease Depor's financial troubles than NUFC.