Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I feel sorry for him, he was never really given a chance here, at least not a proper one, and when you think of the players who were given countless chances instead of him during his time here you would be p*ssed off if you were him. Ranger, Owen, Viduka, Shola, all of them have been here and been getting games ahead of him. He's not a bad player either I feel saddened that he's wasted 5 years of his playing career being here.

To be frank, going off what I have heard during his loans in Spain he doesn't deserve one.

I feel sorry for him, he was never really given a chance here, at least not a proper one, and when you think of the players who were given countless chances instead of him during his time here you would be p*ssed off if you were him. Ranger, Owen, Viduka, Shola, all of them have been here and been getting games ahead of him. He's not a bad player either I feel saddened that he's wasted 5 years of his playing career being here.

To be frank, going off what I have heard during his loans in Spain he doesn't deserve one.

How bad was he? Surely he was nothing like Ranger.

How bad was he? Surely he was nothing like Ranger.

Yeah, no problems with the law or stuff like that, but lots of stories of him don't giving a shit in training, feigning injury (he's been injuried *lots* during his loans), being on the piss more often than not...

He's the last "useless and on stupidly high wages" player from your pre-relegation times, isn't he?

Colo, Jonas.

Aye, they're really useless. Fuck me.

I wasn't really emphasising on the useless part, more like the high wages and brought in before relegation part. Anyway I would say in Jonas's case, yes he's useless, whats the point in having a winger who can't cross? and by that I don't mean produce a decent cross by that I mean doesn't ever cross, he waits for Santon to overlap him or cuts inside.

He's the last "useless and on stupidly high wages" player from your pre-relegation times, isn't he?

Colo, Jonas.

Aye, they're really useless. f*** me.

I wasn't really emphasising on the useless part, more like the high wages and brought in before relegation part. Anyway I would say in Jonas's case, yes he's useless, whats the point in having a winger who can't cross? and by that I don't mean produce a decent cross by that I mean doesn't ever cross, he waits for Santon to overlap him or cuts inside.

This. Well said Stiffmeister

Colo, Jonas.

Aye, they're really useless. f*** me.

¿Eh? Loads of great wingers don't cross and cut inside instead. That's no reason to slag him. He isn't a great finisher either, but I think he's been useful for you as a water-carrier and has (or had) a great engine.

Not that they're in any way similar or comparable but Robert Pires was one of the finest wingers ever to play in the Premier League and hardly ever whipped a ball into the box.

Why am I even responding to a post by Stifler?

Not that they're in any way similar or comparable but Robert Pires was one of the finest wingers ever to play in the Premier League and hardly ever whipped a ball into the box.

Why am I even responding to a post by Stifler?

boredom?

Colo, Jonas.

Jonas has been a highly valuable part of this squad for the better part of his time here. He's falling apart at the seams now, but even last season he was quite integral to the team's success.

Just as an aside, the fact that I picture that god awful cunt of a character from American Pie making the posts himself only makes Stifler's posts more irritating than they should be. :lol:

Which is not to say that I always find your posts annoying Stif.

Colo, Jonas.

Jonas has been a highly valuable part of this squad for the better part of his time here. He's falling apart at the seams now, but even last season he was quite integral to the team's success.

Last season he was more effective when he was played more centrally, WBA away was a great example, he drifted in more centrally in our attacking play. I can't deny he's been a relief when he's carried the ball from outside of the area but once people have caught up on the attack there is no delivery from him at all.

Good luck to the guy if he leaves.  Got chatting to him in Floritas one night.  Seemed to hold the club in high regard and genuinely wanted to be a success here.

Something's never been right the way he was treated, especially given we'd rather play with one up top or stick Campbell or that total arsehole Ranger on the bench ahead of him.

Good luck to the guy if he leaves.  Got chatting to him in Floritas one night.  Seemed to hold the club in high regard and genuinely wanted to be a success here.

Something's never been right the way he was treated, especially given we'd rather play with one up top or stick Campbell or that total arsehole Ranger on the bench ahead of him.

Not surprised he holds us in high regard, in a few short years we have paid him enough to retire as a rich man.

Given the amount of managers he has played under (and what VI has said) the something not right clearly points to one thing, the player.

Colo, Jonas.

Put in a great cross in only our last game.

Relying on him in a creative outlet is not what he is anyway, even Maradona realised this.