Howard Webb

McCormick

The thing is, bad refereeing decisions cost us more than other teams because we're only capable of creating one or two clear cut chances a match.

If that decisions goes against Man Utd (hahahahaha) or another team that's in the top four, it's not really going to matter because they'll create another 10 or so opportunities and go on to score 2/3 goals anyway.

Has it been mentioned anywhere about their goal being offside though? Thought it immediately after it went in but no replay was shown (not the first ball to Nevland, but the second ball from Nevland to Kamara)

I thought that was off as it looked like he was past Harper. May well be wrong as there was no confirmation via replays either way.

As for Webb, he got it wrong but he's still one of the best referees (if not the best) in the prem ffs.

Guest Phil K

Absolutely awful decision to disallow the goal. 

Some of the comments in here (wishing him death and that) are embarrassing though. 

Wouldn't go that far, but severe discomfort, certainly

But hell man - that decision just about relegated us, and the knock on effect from that for we supporters was horrific.

What did he end up doing to us ?

Its sad and pathetic, blaming officials for our demise.

Refs are neutral. The team is not good enough. Accept it.

The team ISN'T good enough. The players attitude certainly isn't.

Which means we can't afford such atrocious decisions against us

I'd say YOU are the one who needs to "accept it"

Absolutely awful decision to disallow the goal. 

Some of the comments in here (wishing him death and that) are embarrassing though. 

Wouldn't go that far, but severe discomfort, certainly

But hell man - that decision just about relegated us, and the knock on effect from that for we supporters was horrific.

What did he end up doing to us ?

You can't attribute it to one thing. You could just as easily say that Oba failing to convert his chance after 15 minutes relegated us. Or that Ethuhu's (think it was him) miraculous goalline clearence that led to the corner relegated us. Or Schwarzer's fantastic save from Butt at the end did. Webb no more relegated us than any of those things. If we were good enough, and had taken some of the chances from open play we created it would have been irrelevant. The problem is we're not good enough.

N.B. in no way am I saying the decision was defendable.

The goal wasn't offside.  I paused it at the point Nevland played the ball and Taylor and Harper were both still behind Kamara.

Fair play, it was hard to tell from live action. I was just surprised they didn't check it.

Actually, it's pretty funny that you paused it :lol:

Although every man and his dog can see it was a goal, I can think of more than one game this season which has a more defining role in us being in the situation we're in. Stoke at home being the blatantly obvious one. Throwing away the lead like we did was horrendous. You never know the realisation of it being shit or bust on Sunday might bring out some big performances, and see us get what we need to stay up.

I'm pretty much resigned to our fate now, although whilst we still have a game to go there is a glimmer of hope. We've had more than enough "winnable" games in recent weeks to pull us out of the mire, and quite simply we ain't good enough. I started going to watch Newcastle in 1987 and can remember some of the total shite we had to watch week in week out, and will be there next season come what may.

If Ashley has any sense, he will look at the fact we have far better resources at our disposal than most in the fizzy pop league, and give whoever is in charge (Shearer I hope), the financial backing he will need to get us out of the mess he allowed others to get us in.

So although I must admit I had a bit of a drunken rant about that "goal" on Saturday, I'm not going to dwell on it. If you look at the games we've been ahead in this season to end up drawing, look at these. One of those performances turned around slightly would have us 2 points better off and more than likely safe.

:kinnear:

Guest Taff

The goal wasn't offside.  I paused it at the point Nevland played the ball and Taylor and Harper were both still behind Kamara.

OK, but he's still a cunt!

There was a drunken conversation in the pub on Saturday which went along the lines of:-

Does Webb belong to a Footballing Masonic Lodge (ex policeman?) which also consists of Ferguson (Govan born and bred), Allardyce (prize prick) and Phil Brown (another prize prick)? Really when you think about it there's no other reason why Ferguson would be "close" to these two dingbats.

So what it concluded was that we're fucked on Sunday because Man U will lay down to Hull (as they did to West Ham when Tevez scored the winning goal) meaning of course that Curbishley must have funny trousers and an even funnier handshake.

All a bit tongue in cheek and alcohol fuelled but stranger things have happened. :coolsmiley:

There was a drunken conversation in the pub on Saturday which went along the lines of:-

Does Webb belong to a Footballing Masonic Lodge (ex policeman?) which also consists of Ferguson (Govan born and bred), Allardyce (prize prick) and Phil Brown (another prize prick)? Really when you think about it there's no other reason why Ferguson would be "close" to these two dingbats.

So what it concluded was that we're fucked on Sunday because Man U will lay down to Hull (as they did to West Ham when Tevez scored the winning goal) meaning of course that Curbishley must have funny trousers and an even funnier handshake.

All a bit tongue in cheek and alcohol fuelled but stranger things have happened. :coolsmiley:

Where did Tevz go just after that game??I have no faith in Manchester United..they're as crooked as Dale Winton.

So what it concluded was that we're f***ed on Sunday because Man U will lay down to Hull (as they did to West Ham when Tevez scored the winning goal) meaning of course that Curbishley must have funny trousers and an even funnier handshake.

Where did Tevz go just after that game??I have no faith in Manchester United..they're as crooked as Dale Winton.

(I think bent is the word you're after)

As for the rest it was "you let us have Tevez and we'll allow you to score"

Allegedly.

Oh but I forgot, there's no such corruption in the Premiership, or old pals acts.

So what it concluded was that we're f***ed on Sunday because Man U will lay down to Hull (as they did to West Ham when Tevez scored the winning goal) meaning of course that Curbishley must have funny trousers and an even funnier handshake.

Allegedly.

Oh but I forgot, there's no such corruption in the Premiership, or old pals acts.

Subtlety mate

Guest Rey Mysterio

It's Monday/Tuesday and im still angry. They say time's a great healer, wish it would fuckin hurry up!

:kinnear:

Allegedly.

WH didn't own Tevez anyway so why would Man Utd ask them for Tevez?

Why am I even responding to some shit conspiracy theory?

turned out to be a pretty big decision then.......  :angry:

not to say they dont deserve what they just got, that last 45 was purely pathetic.

But an deflected own goal & dissallowed goal to send us down.....a bit laughable.

Seems it was fate the way the seasons gone.

That must be why all opur players hung their heads down and took defeat like a cock up the arse. It was all Howard webb's fault.

Do you live to make pointless sarcastic comments ?

That must be why all opur players hung their heads down and took defeat like a cock up the arse. It was all Howard webb's fault.

What was pointless about it? Do you think these well paid players went down with a fight or with a whimper?

What was pointless about it? Do you think these well paid players went down with a fight or with a whimper?

Do you think we'd have went down had that goal correctly been awarded?

i said myself they deserved it in the initial post that rehighlighted this thread.

So i dont see the point of your comment .........

Do you think we'd have went down had that goal correctly been awarded?

Do you think we'd have beat boro if Nolan was flagged for blocking the defender? You get good breaks and bad breaks over the season, but usually if you are relegated it's because you've played shit. We did it again today just to emphasise the point.