Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Aye, but to be fair the last game of the season is usually meaningless for us... this one is anything but.

This. Last season against Everton it was like Keegan said "all about Everton today" and the season before it was just after Roeder left.

We can win, I think we will win and I just hope that Man Utd/Chelsea will play their part(s).

edit: sry   :lol:

The last two nights I've had dreams about this game.

The first night, we got tanked 3-0.

Last night, we won 7-4, and I played.

You decide.  :no:

I must have had some 5 to 10 dreams about the game tonight. Woke up so many times thinking that we had just been relegated or thinking that we were safe.

I dreamt that we left Newcastle far too late, then got stuck in traffic and missed the whole match.  We lost 4-0, and by the time I got there, Newcastle fans were running rampage in Birmingham, raping people and stuff.  Ended up having to fight geordies.

Friedel

Luke Young - Davies - Cuellar - Shorey

Milner - Barry - Petrov - Ashley Young

Carew - Agbonlahor

OMG...what a midfield compared to ours! Creativity and pace in the same package which are exactly what we're lacking so badly! :( None of our midfielders would be even close to breaking into that mid4. Sad but true

Friedel

Carew - Agbonlahor

OMG...what a midfield compared to ours! Creativity and pace in the same package which are exactly what we're lacking so badly! :( None of our midfielders would be even close to breaking into that mid4. Sad but true

When you play two wingers, the two in the middle need to be sensible, one goes forward when needed, one sits back, both need to do their defensive duties.

Barry and Petrov don't, as they're pretty much the same player.

Friedel

Carew - Agbonlahor

When you play two wingers, the two in the middle need to be sensible, one goes forward when needed, one sits back, both need to do their defensive duties.

Barry and Petrov don't, as they're pretty much the same player.

Then thank god we have Butt and Nolan.

Guest toonlass

I can feel another Liverpool-esque singalong coming on

"You've got Barry, we've got Nolan"

"You've got Carew, we've got Shola"

"You've got Milner, we've got no-one!"

I'll predict a 1-0 defeat. Villa will want to finish strong to try to pip Everton to 5th, and I just don't think our players have the bottle, desire or talent to get the result they need. I just wish it were all over tbh and we can move on to the next season of mismanagement.

Fuck it. I've decided we're going to win.

I've decided we are going to draw and Man U juniors will keep us up by beating Hull. The most realistic scenario for survival IMO. Not that i think Villa are any great shakes but i just don't think we have the attack, midfield or defence to get us a win away from home against even a half decent team, never mind one which is in Europe at the end of the day.

I reckon people are slightly underestimating our team.

Yes, we're quite shit and have had no urgency this past few months, but I think since this is last chance saloon, we'll see a resurgent performance.

Everyone will give their all and by some miraculous circumstance, we'll win and stay up.

But, maybe I just have too much faith...

Yes, we're quite shit and have had no urgency this past few months, but I think since this is last chance saloon, we'll see a resurgent performance.

Everyone will give their all and by some miraculous circumstance, we'll win and stay up.

I would agree if we were at home.

The hope that they'll finally pull something out of the bag when it really IS 'do or die' is all I have. There were 'must win' games before now but this literally is the last chance. Win or we're down (realistically).

:(

It's quite simple, there are two options:

Convince yourself that we've got no chance and spend the whole week miserable

Or delude yourself for a week and keep the faith

I find the latter preferable.

Guest neesy111

The hope that they'll finally pull something out of the bag when it really IS 'do or die' is all I have. There were 'must win' games before now but this literally is the last chance. Win or we're down (realistically).

:(

out of those 3 must win games, we got 4 points that wasn't good enough, it just shows that if we had won them all we would already be safe