Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

To those who thought he was right to hang on to Wise, and Lose keegan,..do you still think he was right?

like i said at the time.....i'll tell you when i find out if that is actually what happened.

and what division do you think we will end up in before you make your mind up.

doesn't matter. i'm only going to make my mind up when i get some evidence. i'm not going to say something happened when i have no idea if it did or not just because one of the people involved is an odious little t***.

youll be waiting when we're in league one. grow some balls ffs.

and say "ok then it was all wise's fault" when i/we actually know sod all about what happened.

even ashley has admitted his mistake in getting rid of Wise. it's f***ing obvious ashley has caused our downfall, not keegan.

i never said keegan did (though his timing stank imo) and getting rid of wise to accomodate your one hope is admitting sod all.

hardly. he's had to choose between a popular manager and a bureaucrat two times, the first time he made a mammoth error, the second time he's realised his mistake and went with the right option. albeit too late.

anyway, i couldnt care less if keegan shat in dennis's locker, i'd still back him over wise. a scout no matter how good is not going to manage a side for you.

thats the point. outside of the loathing of dennis wise i've seen or heard no evidence to make me think he had to "choose" in the keegan fiasco.

show me any sort of evidence and i'll be right behind you.

Nobody knows any facts about the Keegan debacle, except that he ended up leaving. To say Ashley should have 'chosen' Wise is stupid, and is also forgetting all of the other factors (e.g. the horrible state of the club's finances) that were in play at the time.

Nobody knows any facts about the Keegan debacle, except that he ended up leaving. To say Ashley should have 'chosen' Wise is stupid, and is also forgetting all of the other factors (e.g. the horrible state of the club's finances) that were in play at the time.

Getting relegated will certainly improve them.  :rolleyes:

Still loved how at the time Ashley said if there was any player Keegan wanted he could have him. They never once mentioned how fucked the finances were until it suited their agenda. Not when they were playing us all along.

Getting relegated will certainly improve them. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

So true. He thought we'd stay up spending nothing and relying on a wank squad. UH-OH!

yes cos they got in a good replacement and ran the club well, i'd also say zola had a head start with a better more balanced squad with decent youngsters coming through to supplement it, we got kinnear

And why do you think Keegan quit? He had harped on for ages that he needed full backs, he then needed a replacement for Milner (who was obviously sold against his wishes), and the only players he got that he wanted were cheap youngsters; the squad was weakened and even less balanced than it was at the end of last season. Yet Keegan's departure was somehow morally wrong, he should have struggled on. After being undermined by the owner and the 'system'.

Problem is: Keegan wasn't allowed to do his job. Ashley is a fucking fraud, man, why should Keegan support him? This relegation is 100% Ashley's fault.

:laugh:

So true. He thought we'd stay up spending nothing and relying on a wank squad. UH-OH!

Blatantly the daftest billionaire on the planet.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

yes cos they got in a good replacement and ran the club well, i'd also say zola had a head start with a better more balanced squad with decent youngsters coming through to supplement it, we got kinnear

And why do you think Keegan quit? He had harped on for ages that he needed full backs, he then needed a replacement for Milner (who was obviously sold against his wishes), and the only players he got that he wanted were cheap youngsters; the squad was weakened and even less balanced than it was at the end of last season. Yet Keegan's departure was somehow morally wrong, he should have struggled on. After being undermined by the owner and the 'system'.

Problem is: Keegan wasn't allowed to do his job. Ashley is a f***ing fraud, man, why should Keegan support him? This relegation is 100% Ashley's fault.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9154/mikeashleyischucky.jpg

Have an award for the most obvious and pointless response.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, all I'm saying is that if the finances really were as bad as it seems then it is understandable that he didn't sanction any more spending.

With the players we had, nobody honestly thought we would go down at the start of the season.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, all I'm saying is that if the finances really were as bad as it seems then it is understandable that he didn't sanction any more spending.

With the players we had, nobody honestly thought we would go down at the start of the season.

How about in January when we were dropping like a stone?

Quite a few people did by the time the January window came round though.

Aye, it was looking slightly more likely then, but still remote.

Don't want to go back into the Ashley debate anyway really, the end result speaks for itself... but it is difficult to do any decent business in January.

Some real jokers posting.

It's all down to Ashley.

Fact is, he made a sound decision by appointing a quality manager in Keegan, but then he showed he knows nowt about football when he undermined him, thereby triggering the decline that has ultimately led to relegation today. It really is as simple as that.

When people said it was impossible to have a worse Board than the previous one they were full of shit, we have been relegated today due to those running the club being totally inept and totally devoid of any ambition. Believe me, when some of you get your head out of your arse and accept this you'll start to feel a bit better. Not that I care how some of you feel, tbh.

Don't want to go back into the Ashley debate anyway really, the end result speaks for itself... but it is difficult to do any decent business in January.

Slightly, but still remote? By the end of January we were in 17th position, one point above bottom.

It's all down to Ashley.

Fact is, he made a sound decision by appointing a quality manager in Keegan, but then he showed he knows nowt about football when he undermined him, thereby triggering the decline that has ultimately led to relegation today. It really is as simple as that.

When people said it was impossible to have a worse Board than the previous one they were full of shit, we have been relegated today due to those running the club being totally inept and totally devoid of any ambition. Believe me, when some of you get your head out of your arse and accept this you'll start to feel a bit better. Not that I care how some of you feel, tbh.

Unnecessarily personal mate, everyone is gutted about what happened.

By the way, we were heading towards the bottom of the league even under Shepherd, and doing critical damage to our finances at the same time.

How many people were crying out for another Albert Luque in the transfer window?

Man City and Wigan both managed to buy better players than we had, plus Wigan and Bolton managed to sell their shite off.

The players we have almost got relegated last season, Ian.

Ian has tickets to ashleyworld just off Trafalgar falls.

I've never said Ashley has been a good owner, but people seem to forget how much we hated Freddy Shepherd and wanted rid of him.

I won't post again on this for a few days, because obviously everyone wants to get stuff off their chest (which is fine, I do too) - but I still think Ashley's failings are inexperience and naivety about football, not greed and self interest like some people try to claim.

He was trying to make the club sustainable, he just erred too far on the side of caution. And appointing Keegan was done to gain him fan-love, he was obviously not the right man for the system Ashley had in mind.

It's all down to Ashley.

Unnecessarily personal mate, everyone is gutted about what happened.

By the way, we were heading towards the bottom of the league even under Shepherd, and doing critical damage to our finances at the same time.

How many people were crying out for another Albert Luque in the transfer window?

You make no sense. One can go back as far as he wants, all the way back to the fucking 19th century, to appropriate blame which can flimsily be linked to our current demise. We're concentrating on this season, the one season which has sent us down. Nobody's getting personal, it's all way beyond what you and I think or might've said in the past. The man upstairs fucked up. Full stop. Previous owners did their share but didn't get us relegated, made decisions -- like appointing shit managers but backing them -- to keep us up. The current one appointed an estate agent as one of our chief scouts (Vetere) and backed a cunt over a proven world-class manager. Oh, and made profit rather than strenghten the first team over THREE transfer windows.

The fat one is to blame, and should be shot, hung out to dry and stamped upon by the Toon army. Disgraceful, incompetent, and clueless.

The players we have almost got relegated last season, Ian.

Ian has tickets to ashleyworld just off Trafalgar falls.

I've never said Ashley has been a good owner, but people seem to forget how much we hated Freddy Shepherd and wanted rid of him.

I won't post again on this for a few days, because obviously everyone wants to get stuff off their chest (which is fine, I do too) - but I still think Ashley's failings are inexperience and naivety about football, not greed and self interest like some people try to claim.

He was trying to make the club sustainable, he just erred too far on the side of caution. And appointing Keegan was done to gain him fan-love, he was obviously not the right man for the system Ashley had in mind.

Can you run that 'system' by me one more time?