Fergie's possible team v Hull

Tisd09

Guest Phil K

I trust Fergie to do his bit for us as much as I'd trust an avid Sunderland fan to help us.

I quite understand Man U comes first and the main players, those who WILL be involved and those who MAY be involved in the Champs League Final to not be there.

I would expect though, that the team to face Hull should be the strongest otherwise, and they have the equivalent of 2 teams that would be top 4 anyway.

I expect the team he would put out to be out for a training run. Knowing Taggert, I would BET it won't even be his 2nd best.

And that will be DISASTROUS for us. Because Hull will be cutting up rough in order to do the buisness.

Just read this on sky, sounds like hes playing the youngsters:

Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are unlikely to be happy but Ferguson admits he will utilise the full depth of his squad when picking his side to face Hull.

Strong options

"This is the best squad I have ever had," said Ferguson. "I could have picked two teams and I will be picking a team next Sunday which will reflect that.

"I have a fantastic squad of about 28 or 29 players to choose from with the introduction of (Federico) Macheda, (Danny) Welbeck, (Rodrigo) Possebon and the Da Silva twins.

"I know they're young but they're very good players. I'm as confident for the final as I possibly can because we've won the league so we'll be going to Rome with a fresh team."

Sounds like he's not even playing a 2nd string team, but a bunch of juniors who are still wearing bum fluff on their lip. Still probably too good for Hull though, I'm not too bothered. I'm more concerned how we're going to do our bit.

Eric Steele (Man Utd GK coach) & Michael Carrick will make sure the Man Utd team that plays is pumped up for this game & they go on win it................US BEATING/DRAWING WITH A VILLA IS THE BIGGEST WORRY.

From the Times:

The conspiracy theory

Ferguson has admitted that he has had to make few phone calls more difficult than the one to Neil Warnock, then the manager of Sheffield United, after an under-strength United side lost 1-0 at home to West Ham United on the final day of the 2006-07 season, a result that helped to send the Blades down. But there have been suggestions that he will relish the chance to make a similar call to Alan Shearer, the Newcastle caretaker-manager, who twice turned down the chance to join Ferguson’s team.

All this shit is winding me up, I'm going to be in a right state come Sunday.

He is a bitter spiteful old pisshead that will 100% want to fk us, nothing will be said when he fields a bunch of kids, he is Fergie and the FA love the cunt he can do what the fk he likes.

Fergie cares about one thing only and that is manutd. He will field his second choice team for sure. Fletcher ill play im sure and so will probably people like Scholes and Nani so I think we can safely say that it will be as good a side as most mid-table sides. Theres not much good thinking about this game tbh it's our fault we are in this mess and it will be our fault if we go down.

Apparently there is a Premier League rule that says a manager must pick his strongest possible team.  However its totally up to the manager when it comes to defining the clubs strongest possible team :lol:  What a completely pointless rule.

Still when the manager freely admits that he's going to deliberately play a severely weakened team, not because he can't play a stronger one but instead to keep all his better players fresh, then how the fuck can the FA justify that as fitting in with the rules?

Guest neesy111

Apparently there is a Premier League rule that says a manager must pick his strongest possible team.  However its totally up to the manager when it comes to defining the clubs strongest possible team :lol:  What a completely pointless rule.

Still when the manager freely admits that he's going to deliberately play a severely weakened team, not because he can't play a stronger one but instead to keep all his better players fresh, then how the fuck can the FA justify that as fitting in with the rules?

there's a rule for that in the fa cup and carling cup, doesn't make flying difference

There was a fad a few seasons ago of the FA shaking its fist and threatening punishment against teams who fielded a weakened team in the Carling Cup - I seem to remember the person who got the most grief for it from the FA was Harry Redknapp, with the big four obviously just thumbing their nose at it.

hull's survival hopes hang on Fergie's kid glove treatment

By Ian Ladyman Northern Football Correspondent

Last updated at 2:18 AM on 19th May 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering throwing a 19-year-old goalkeeper who has played just once for Manchester United into a game that could decide the fate of Hull City and Newcastle United.

It is understood that, as he looks to protect his first-team players from injury ahead of next Wednesday's Champions League final against Barcelona in Rome, United manager Ferguson is considering handing young Ben Amos his Premier League debut at Hull on Sunday.

Ferguson will not risk first-choice Edwin van der Sar, and with England's Ben Foster out of action for the rest of the season after a thumb injury, the United boss is also concerned about playing Van der Sar's other understudy, Tomasz Kuszczak, in case he is injured ahead of the European showpiece final.

It's time for big Ben: rookie keeper Amos may play for United along with Chester, Cathcart, Tosic and Eckersley (below)

This leaves only Amos, whose sole first-team appearance was in a 3-1 Carling Cup win over Middlesbrough at Old Trafford last September. Ferguson is aware of the criticism he will receive if he fields a team of youngsters against Hull because Newcastle - who are at Aston Villa on the same day - will definitely be relegated if United lose.

It is expected that the team United field will include experienced players such as Gary Neville, Darren Fletcher - suspended for the Champions League final - and Portugal winger Nani as well as talented young strikers Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck and Republic of Ireland midfielder Darron Gibson.

Elsewhere, Hull and Newcastle fans can expect to see less heralded players such as defenders James Chester - United's Young Player of the Year - and Richard Eckersley.

Hull midfielder George Boateng joked: 'We've been talking in the dressing room about who they may pick. We are hoping that Sir Alex may even call out someone from the kit room. But whoever he picks we will be playing to win.'

Ferguson was slammed after an under-strength team lost to West Ham when Carlos Tevez scored the winner on the final day of the 2006-07 season, thus relegating Sheffield United. Ferguson subsequently rang manager Neil Warnock to apologise.

But speaking ahead of the weekend draw with Arsenal that clinched the title for United, Ferguson suggested that any team he picks would be capable of winning at Hull.

POSSIBLE TEAM

(4-4-2): Amos; Neville, Chester, Cathcart, Eckersley; Nani, Gibson, Fletcher, Tosic; Macheda, Welbeck.

He said: 'I've got a fit and capable squad. I could pick two very good sides from this squad and the team I select for Sunday will reflect that.

'I have to assess what's best for Manchester United, but also be fair to other clubs. That part of it is important.'

He is obliged to play a strong side under Premier League regulations. Rule E20 states: 'In every league match each participating club should field a full-strength team.'

Yet the rule is notoriously ambiguous and it is unlikely that the league would get involved unless Ferguson selected a youth team

hull's survival hopes hang on Fergie's kid glove treatment

By Ian Ladyman Northern Football Correspondent

Last updated at 2:18 AM on 19th May 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering throwing a 19-year-old goalkeeper who has played just once for Manchester United into a game that could decide the fate of Hull City and Newcastle United.

It is understood that, as he looks to protect his first-team players from injury ahead of next Wednesday's Champions League final against Barcelona in Rome, United manager Ferguson is considering handing young Ben Amos his Premier League debut at Hull on Sunday.

Ferguson will not risk first-choice Edwin van der Sar, and with England's Ben Foster out of action for the rest of the season after a thumb injury, the United boss is also concerned about playing Van der Sar's other understudy, Tomasz Kuszczak, in case he is injured ahead of the European showpiece final.

It's time for big Ben: rookie keeper Amos may play for United along with Chester, Cathcart, Tosic and Eckersley (below)

This leaves only Amos, whose sole first-team appearance was in a 3-1 Carling Cup win over Middlesbrough at Old Trafford last September. Ferguson is aware of the criticism he will receive if he fields a team of youngsters against Hull because Newcastle - who are at Aston Villa on the same day - will definitely be relegated if United lose.

It is expected that the team United field will include experienced players such as Gary Neville, Darren Fletcher - suspended for the Champions League final - and Portugal winger Nani as well as talented young strikers Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck and Republic of Ireland midfielder Darron Gibson.

Elsewhere, Hull and Newcastle fans can expect to see less heralded players such as defenders James Chester - United's Young Player of the Year - and Richard Eckersley.

Hull midfielder George Boateng joked: 'We've been talking in the dressing room about who they may pick. We are hoping that Sir Alex may even call out someone from the kit room. But whoever he picks we will be playing to win.'

Ferguson was slammed after an under-strength team lost to West Ham when Carlos Tevez scored the winner on the final day of the 2006-07 season, thus relegating Sheffield United. Ferguson subsequently rang manager Neil Warnock to apologise.

But speaking ahead of the weekend draw with Arsenal that clinched the title for United, Ferguson suggested that any team he picks would be capable of winning at Hull.

POSSIBLE TEAM

(4-4-2): Amos; Neville, Chester, Cathcart, Eckersley; Nani, Gibson, Fletcher, Tosic; Macheda, Welbeck.

He said: 'I've got a fit and capable squad. I could pick two very good sides from this squad and the team I select for Sunday will reflect that.

'I have to assess what's best for Manchester United, but also be fair to other clubs. That part of it is important.'

He is obliged to play a strong side under Premier League regulations. Rule E20 states: 'In every league match each participating club should field a full-strength team.'

Yet the rule is notoriously ambiguous and it is unlikely that the league would get involved unless Ferguson selected a youth team

Yet more quality journalism. Why let facts get in the way of a good story eh?

Guest Alan_Shearer

All these papers etc puttin together Utd side are just going for the most understrength, more unheard of players as poss so their story gets mentioned above the rest.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Luckily this subject doesn't even matter now cause Sunderland won't beat Chelsea...Though i guess we want this Man U team to be capable of a win at Hull.

Guest Brummiemag

Luckily this subject doesn't even matter now cause Sunderland won't beat Chelsea...Though i guess we want this Man U team to be capable of a win at Hull.

It matters a hell of a lot because if we get a draw and Man U beat Hull we stay up. If we draw and Hull draw then we get relegated even if Sunderland lose

Sunderland is only a factor if we win the game as it means that we will stay up unless both Hull and Sunderland win as well which is highly unlikely.

Thats why the bookies have us at 8/15 on to be relegated, Hull at 13/8 and Sunderland at 8/1   

Once you leave yourselves at the mercy of others you lose the right to whinge about who they pick and who they don't tbh. If Fergie picks his nose to start on Sunday we can't really have any complaints. It's our own fault we are in this position, not anyone else's.

I honestly don't care what team Ferguson puts out. I've written this game off, our best hope may be the dirty mackems getting beat off Chelsea and we winning, but the chances that both those events happen are slim.