Fergie's possible team v Hull

Tisd09

Hull don't have Manucho so that's one benefit. I think going off previous comments he should field his best XI, will he? Not likely.

Benefit to who? He's been absolutely wank for Hull.

Got them 2 points against Fulham though.

It was impossible for him to miss. :lol:

Slightly O/T but Ian Wright on Phil Brown from the Sun:

"EITHER Alan Shearer or Phil Brown will be opening a bottle of champagne on Sunday evening to celebrate survival.

I really hope it’s Alan and that Newcastle stay up. And, I think they’ll do it.

Alan is a good mate of mine so I’m obviously a bit biased.

But I really don’t think Brown has done himself any favours — and I’ll have little sympathy if he takes Hull back down.

I feel sorry for the players and the fans at the club — but they have to blame the manager.

As a player, Brown never got the recognition that he probably feels he deserved.

So after one bit of success as a manager, in terms of taking Hull to promotion to the top flight, he puffed out his chest and got carried away with himself.

Brown has got above his station and I’ve lost all respect for him.

To have the players out on the pitch at half-time at Manchester City was very disrespectful.

It was also a crazy thing to do. Some of the senior players were not happy about it and I’d have certainly been furious if I was out there.

Then there was this alleged spit from Cesc Fabregas in the tunnel at Arsenal after the FA Cup replay.

Brown should have found Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger and sorted it out manager-to-manager rather than moaning about Fabregas publicly. But this sums him up — it’s always about Phil Brown rather than Hull."

:thup:

Hull don't have Manucho so that's one benefit. I think going off previous comments he should field his best XI, will he? Not likely.

Benefit to who? He's been absolutely wank for Hull.

Got to be there though.

Was pleased when Boro rejected claims that they'd sue Man Utd. This was their sides when they played Fulham away final day of the 2005-6 season, and then the UEFA Cup Final with Sevilla a few days later.

Turnbull; Davies, Bates, Wheater, Taylor; Morrison, Kennedy (Cooper), Cattermole, Johnson, Christie (Walker), Graham (Craddock)

Schwarzer; Parnaby, Riggott, Southgate, Queudrue; Morrison (Maccarone), Rochemback, Boateng, Downing; Viduka (Cattermole), Hasslebaink

And Cattermole didn't come on until the 85th minute.

Slightly O/T but Ian Wright on Phil Brown from the Sun:

"EITHER Alan Shearer or Phil Brown will be opening a bottle of champagne on Sunday evening to celebrate survival.

I really hope it’s Alan and that Newcastle stay up. And, I think they’ll do it.

Alan is a good mate of mine so I’m obviously a bit biased.

But I really don’t think Brown has done himself any favours — and I’ll have little sympathy if he takes Hull back down.

I feel sorry for the players and the fans at the club — but they have to blame the manager.

As a player, Brown never got the recognition that he probably feels he deserved.

So after one bit of success as a manager, in terms of taking Hull to promotion to the top flight, he puffed out his chest and got carried away with himself.

Brown has got above his station and I’ve lost all respect for him.

To have the players out on the pitch at half-time at Manchester City was very disrespectful.

It was also a crazy thing to do. Some of the senior players were not happy about it and I’d have certainly been furious if I was out there.

Then there was this alleged spit from Cesc Fabregas in the tunnel at Arsenal after the FA Cup replay.

Brown should have found Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger and sorted it out manager-to-manager rather than moaning about Fabregas publicly. But this sums him up — it’s always about Phil Brown rather than Hull."

:thup:

Ian Wright speaks a lot of sense shocker. Spot on Wright, and I hate the way Brown is lauded in the press as some kind of nice guy/good manager - he's an orange face twat with a stupid Bluetooth earpiece which makes him look even more of a twat. The last sentence is the most good sense I've read in a long while.

Apparently Fergie had told Rio Ferdinand that he MUST prove his fitness against Hull if he wants to be considered for selection for the champions league final,  thats excellent news for us,  should mean for at least 60 mins we'll have Rio on the pitch.

Guest Heneage

Benefit to who? He's been absolutely w*** for Hull.

Got to be there though.

True and against some young defenders with potentially a point to prove, he could have been their Lua Lua.

MANCHESTER UNITED have bowed to Premier League pressure and will field a stronger team at Hull on Sunday.

SunSport revealed yesterday relegation-haunted Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are furious at the prospect of United playing a shadow side.

But after a day of talks between Premier League chiefs and the clubs, United have promised they will change their plans for the weekend.

Boss Alex Ferguson kicked off the compromise by saying Rio Ferdinand must prove his fitness at Hull ahead of the Champions League final three days later.

But United are now also likely to deflect any potential criticism by starting with the likes of Tomas Kuszczak, Gary Neville and Park Ji Sung.

Darren Fletcher is already pencilled in as he is suspended for the Barcelona clash.

That is a major shift from Fergie’s original plan — which angered the trio of North-East clubs — to play only Fletcher from his normal starting XI.

Struggling Hull will be safe if they win.

But United now seem prepared to do enough to prevent any allegation that they have flaunted rule E20, which states every side must play their ‘strongest team’ in every league match.

Fergie said: “I have to assess what’s best for Manchester United — but also be fair to other clubs. I’m hoping Rio will be fit for Sunday, if not then he is doubtful for the final.”

Barca boss Pep Guardiola is set to rest his ENTIRE team in their La Liga game against Osasuna on Saturday. 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2440511.ece

Frankly even if Man U send out  a weak side it's out fault we're in this position. We're like this because we've been crap all season, if we go down on the last game on the season it will be our fault we can't blame man u.

Guest guinness_fiend

MANCHESTER UNITED have bowed to Premier League pressure and will field a stronger team at Hull on Sunday.

SunSport revealed yesterday relegation-haunted Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are furious at the prospect of United playing a shadow side.

But after a day of talks between Premier League chiefs and the clubs, United have promised they will change their plans for the weekend.

Boss Alex Ferguson kicked off the compromise by saying Rio Ferdinand must prove his fitness at Hull ahead of the Champions League final three days later.

But United are now also likely to deflect any potential criticism by starting with the likes of Tomas Kuszczak, Gary Neville and Park Ji Sung.

Darren Fletcher is already pencilled in as he is suspended for the Barcelona clash.

That is a major shift from Fergies original plan which angered the trio of North-East clubs to play only Fletcher from his normal starting XI.

Struggling Hull will be safe if they win.

But United now seem prepared to do enough to prevent any allegation that they have flaunted rule E20, which states every side must play their strongest team in every league match.

Fergie said: I have to assess whats best for Manchester United but also be fair to other clubs. Im hoping Rio will be fit for Sunday, if not then he is doubtful for the final.

Barca boss Pep Guardiola is set to rest his ENTIRE team in their La Liga game against Osasuna on Saturday. 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2440511.ece

Whilst this would be good for us if true, it is disgusting to think that Manchester United could be pressured into putting out a stronger team than they would otherwise do given their Champions' League position.

After all, like it or loath it, they have earned the right to field whatever team they want.  They have nothing more to play for, Premiership-wise, and they do not owe any other team in the Premiership anything whatsoever.  Fergie could play a team of goalkeepers if he wanted to and the powers that be should keep their noses out.

Saying that, it'll all be typical Sun BS.

Someone made an excellent point elsewhere that a stronger Man Utd line-up may actually work out worse for us if those players - whilst obviously more talented - are less motivated and merely looking to coast through the game avoiding injury.

Guest guinness_fiend

Someone made an excellent point elsewhere that a stronger Man Utd line-up may actually work out worse for us if those players - whilst obviously more talented - are less motivated and merely looking to coast through the game avoiding injury.

I'd agree with this.  Any youngsters fielded on Sunday will be trying their best to impress.

Doesnt work like that i dont think.

Their best players got to be their best players because of their will to win in the first place, its that drive that makes them as good as they are.

They wouldnt just turn up and be OK with losing to Hull. They'd want to win. Rooney may not be playing, but hes a good physical demonstration of what probably most of them feel like when they are losing/drawing regardless.

Frankly even if Man U send out  a weak side it's out fault we're in this position. We're like this because we've been crap all season, if we go down on the last game on the season it will be our fault we can't blame man u.

Well obviously we've been shit, so have Hull, so have Sunderland ect.  None of that excuses a team getting a free 3 points in such a crucial game on the last day of the season..

Oh and guinness_fiend, its disgusting that Manure may be persuaded to stick by the rules for once and play a competetive team in a key Premiership game?  :dowie:

Just looking through our seasons results and 4 times we've played Hull and failed to win any of them. How shocking is that?

Still inconcievable to me that Hull could get something from Man U irrespective of what team Fergie fields. The only question I wonder about is, can we draw or better at Villa? We have to, but I just can't see this lot raising their game for anything longer than 10 - 15 minutes before collapsing again. Miserable pessimist that I am.

No shame the first time since they were very good then, but 2 draws and a loss when they weren't a particularly good side is shit.  All be it with two of those three away, its still very poor.

Guest guinness_fiend

Well obviously we've been s***, so have Hull, so have Sunderland ect.  None of that excuses a team getting a free 3 points in such a crucial game on the last day of the season..

Oh and guinness_fiend, its disgusting that Manure may be persuaded to stick by the rules for once and play a competetive team in a key Premiership game?  :dowie:

Toon-tinted glasses aside, there are no rules that say that you must field your strongest team and risk injuries before a Champions League final.  The rules state that they can field anyone in the squad. 

If they field a team of kids to give them Premiership experience, it will benefit Man Utd in that it is a no-risk game for them.  They have earned that position.  We have no-one to blame but ourselves if we go down.

Well obviously we've been s***, so have Hull, so have Sunderland ect.  None of that excuses a team getting a free 3 points in such a crucial game on the last day of the season..

Toon-tinted glasses aside, there are no rules that say that you must field your strongest team and risk injuries before a Champions League final.  The rules state that they can field anyone in the squad. 

If they field a team of kids to give them Premiership experience, it will benefit Man Utd in that it is a no-risk game for them.  They have earned that position.  We have no-one to blame but ourselves if we go down.

Yes there is, of course its at the managers discretion to decide what his strongest side is.  He can argue that certain players may be unmotivated to give it their best going into the Champions League final.  However I hardly think it could be argued that a team full of goalies or a team of kids is there strongest side like :)

Of course they have to think about themselves first.  But that doesn't mean they have the right to piss all over the Premiership by fielding a entire second/third team, that would be disgusting, especially given how much Ferguson himself has complained about other clubs doing the same, I mean when was the last time we did something like that?