Fergie's possible team v Hull

Tisd09

Once you leave yourselves at the mercy of others you lose the right to whinge about who they pick and who they don't tbh. If Fergie picks his nose to start on Sunday we can't really have any complaints. It's our own fault we are in this position, not anyone else's.

this.

i do find it annoying that everyone else has to play man utd twice, and hull have to play them once, and their reserves once, but only ourselves to blame.

In fairness, we're getting to play a Villa side who've been on the beach for the last three months. I'm of the attitude that we got ourselves into this mess so we have to get ourselves out of it rather than hoping someone else will do it for us when they have no obligation to.

Like a few have said, we can't complain about the team Man U put out however, if we get a Win or Draw at Aston Villa but get relegated because Hull beat Man U I hope Barcelona win the Champions League Final.

Surely most people on here hope that whether Hull beat Man U or not?

It's just shite that they're involved at all in such an important game. (Hull not the CL Final)

In fairness, we're getting to play a Villa side who've been on the beach for the last three months. I'm of the attitude that we got ourselves into this mess so we have to get ourselves out of it rather than hoping someone else will do it for us when they have no obligation to.

:nods:

Like a few have said, we can't complain about the team Man U put out however, if we get a Win or Draw at Aston Villa but get relegated because Hull beat Man U I hope Barcelona win the Champions League Final.

Surely most people on here hope that whether Hull beat Man U or not?

It's just shite that they're involved at all in such an important game. (Hull not the CL Final)

I'm ambivalent about who the Champions League Final winner is unless the scenario I mentioned occurs.

MANCHESTER UNITED were last night sensationally warned: Play a weakened side against Hull and we’ll sue you.

Relegation-haunted Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland fear Alex Ferguson will rest his stars against Hull on Sunday ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League final against Barcelona.

If Hull win they will stay up — and send two of the three North East clubs down, costing them £30million apiece in lost revenue.

Paragraph E20 of Premier League rules states: “In every league match each participating club should field a full strength team.”

No club has ever been cited for breaching the rule. But officials from Newcastle, Boro and Sunderland have discussed taking action if United send out a shadow side in the final game of the season.

A source close to the talks told SunSport: “United have every right to think of themselves but that shouldn’t be to the detriment of others.

“If they field a reserve team at Hull who then win and stay up, then the consequences for two of the three North East clubs will be dire.

“No one is looking for a favour, just a level playing field. And if the rules are not adhered to there are means of recourse.”

If found guilty of breaching rules, United could face anything from a warning to a big fine.

They would also be open to legal action from any relegated club for compensation.

A Premier League spokesman said: “We are aware of this situation and we will be monitoring all matches on the final day of the season.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2438309.ece

MANCHESTER UNITED were last night sensationally warned: Play a weakened side against Hull and we’ll sue you.

Relegation-haunted Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland fear Alex Ferguson will rest his stars against Hull on Sunday ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League final against Barcelona.

If Hull win they will stay up — and send two of the three North East clubs down, costing them £30million apiece in lost revenue.

Paragraph E20 of Premier League rules states: “In every league match each participating club should field a full strength team.”

No club has ever been cited for breaching the rule. But officials from Newcastle, Boro and Sunderland have discussed taking action if United send out a shadow side in the final game of the season.

A source close to the talks told SunSport: “United have every right to think of themselves but that shouldn’t be to the detriment of others.

“If they field a reserve team at Hull who then win and stay up, then the consequences for two of the three North East clubs will be dire.

“No one is looking for a favour, just a level playing field. And if the rules are not adhered to there are means of recourse.”

If found guilty of breaching rules, United could face anything from a warning to a big fine.

They would also be open to legal action from any relegated club for compensation.

A Premier League spokesman said: “We are aware of this situation and we will be monitoring all matches on the final day of the season.”

So in other words, a slap on the wrist and a 'you naughty boy Mr. Ferguson'.

I don't know what is better; a first team regular who knows he is playing on Wednesday and plays at 50% as he want to avoid injury or a fringe squad member who plays 100% in order to maybe get on the bench for Wednesday.

Guest diddimz

So in other words, a slap on the wrist and a 'you naughty boy Mr. Ferguson'.

If that happens, it should be a points deduction, say to about 30.

We were talking about this in the pub after football on Sunday.

You'd expect the Man Utd team to definitely comprise of this lot for the CL Final:

van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Rooney and Ronaldo.

O'Shea has to be favourite to start RB after playing the last rounds there and the rest basically pick themselves, which leaves only one more place for Tevez, Berbatov, Giggs or Scholes. I cannot see anyone else getting the nod ahead of one of those four. During the two games Man Utd played against Barca last season they lined-up 4-4-2 with Tevez involved in both, and he would be my personal bet out of those 4 to be starting this time around if all the off-field shite wasn't going on.

That means *hopefully* that 3 of them will play against Hull, along with the likes of Evans, Neville, Fletcher, Nani, Macheda and Rafael/Fabio. I'm sure Ferguson has said that Rio is playing to get some match fitness too?

Let's guess at:

Kuszczak

Neville      Ferdinand      Evans      Fabio

Nani      Fletcher      Scholes      Giggs

Berbatov/Tevez      Macheda

Something along those lines with the likes of Rafael (coming on for Rio with Neville moving inside), Wellbeck and Gibson (for Giggs and Scholes) being used from the bench.

It's a very tough one to predict exactly, but I can't see the team being too weak. If it was anything like my guess there I'd expect them to beat Hull.

I don't know what is better; a first team regular who knows he is playing on Wednesday and plays at 50% as he want to avoid injury or a fringe squad member who plays 100% in order to maybe get on the bench for Wednesday.

Looking at Fergies 'potentials'

We know that the following will play against Barca:

Van der Dar

Vidic

Evra

Ferdinand (if fit)

Park

Carrick

Rooney

Ronaldo

So up for grabs are:

Right Back (Neville/O'Shea/Rafael)

Midfield (Anderson/Scholes/Giggs)

Up Front (Tevez/Berbatov)

I'd say that Fletcher and Nani are almost certain starters v Hull, along with at least one of the right backs and midfielders above. Not sure if he will risk one of the 2 strikers.

A team containing these players should have more than enough to see off Hull, unless the of course the other spots are filled by Smith, Duff, Nolan and Owen

Edit - ignore. Rich posted almost the same above as I was typing

Guest Taff

We were talking about this in the pub after football on Sunday.

You'd expect the Man Utd team to definitely comprise of this lot for the CL Final:

van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Rooney and Ronaldo.

O'Shea has to be favourite to start RB after playing the last rounds there and the rest basically pick themselves, which leaves only one more place for Tevez, Berbatov, Giggs or Scholes. I cannot see anyone else getting the nod ahead of one of those four. During the two games Man Utd played against Barca last season they lined-up 4-4-2 with Tevez involved in both, and he would be my personal bet out of those 4 to be starting this time around if all the off-field shite wasn't going on.

That means *hopefully* that 3 of them will play against Hull, along with the likes of Evans, Neville, Fletcher, Nani, Macheda and Rafael/Fabio. I'm sure Ferguson has said that Rio is playing to get some match fitness too?

Let's guess at:

Kuszczak

Neville      Ferdinand      Evans       Fabio

Nani      Fletcher      Scholes       Giggs

Berbatov/Tevez      Macheda

Something along those lines with the likes of Rafael (coming on for Rio with Neville moving inside), Wellbeck and Gibson (for Giggs and Scholes) being used from the bench.

It's a very tough one to predict exactly, but I can't see the team being too weak. If it was anything like my guess there I'd expect them to beat Hull.

I'm pretty sure it wont be that stronge, no fucking way. With Foster out is looks like Amos will be playing in goals and I'm oretty sure Gibson will play and Giggs will be nowhere to be seen. I'm also not convinced about Evans. But quotes from Fergie have suggested Rio will be playing if fit.

So much is being made of it and the closer Sunday gets the more it will be in the press, Fergie cannot ignore the impact he could have on the relegation battle, as Champions they should show the League total respect.

Guest Heneage

Hull don't have Manucho so that's one benefit. I think going off previous comments he should field his best XI, will he? Not likely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8059180.stm

Ferdinand must prove Euro fitness

Ferdinand last played for Manchester United against Arsenal on 5 May

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand must prove his fitness at Hull on Sunday in order to earn a start in the Champions League final.

United face Barcelona on 27 May in Rome and have doubts over the 30-year-old, who has been out for three games after suffering a calf injury in training.

"I am hoping he will be fit for Sunday, if not he is doubtful for the final," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I think he needs a game going into the Champions League final."

Ferdinand last played for United in the Champions League semi-final, second leg victory over Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on 5 May.

He was doubtful going into that game because of a rib injury and has also been plagued by back and groin problems this season.

And Ferguson has warned that if the England defender cannot prove his fitness in the final Premier League game of the season at Hull, then he will miss out on a place in the starting line-up for the final.

"The plan is for him to start training with us on Thursday and once we get football training we will have a better idea of his availability for Sunday," stated Ferguson.

"I think he is probably fit to play next Wednesday but whether I would start him without a game is another matter."

If Ferdinand fails to win his battle for fitness, Jonny Evans will deputise alongside Nemanja Vidic in the heart of United's defence.

Could be good news for us if it's true!

Hull don't have Manucho so that's one benefit. I think going off previous comments he should field his best XI, will he? Not likely.

Benefit to who? He's been absolutely wank for Hull.

Benefit to who? He's been absolutely wank for Hull.

Got them 2 points against Fulham though.