We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

I was quite shocked today.

When we played Stoke at our place this season, they were the worst team I've seen us play for about 10 years, no exaggeration whatsoever. They had zero talent, zero ability, but they stuck at it and at least had spirit, and - undeservedly, admittedly - got a point.

Then when we played Hull, they were very, very marginally less bad than Stoke were, but again, you could tell they had some spirit. They lost but you could tell it hurt, and they at least had a real go at us when they realised they had 20 mins left to get something from the game.

Newcastle, however, totally different story, no spirit, no sign of fight, no struggle, not even in the second half, absolutely nothing whatsoever. Really quite shocking, they didn't even look that bothered at final whistle.

That's the shame, the squad isn't very good, too many non performers, but on paper it looks way, way ahead of Stoke and Hull, but it is worth nothing without that element of fight and spirit.

They've let you down massively, and the best thing you can hope for is to be rid of the majority of them.

I told ya and you didn't believe me. We are really, really...really shit!

I've tried to think of the positives, but there's obviously so many negatives. Here's what I came up with:

Positives:

Should be a clear out of players

Summer might be exciting in terms of player movement unlike the rare news days from last year.

We might (might) win some games next year!

Being out of the spotlight will be of great benefit to everybody connected with the club.

Cheaper tickets?

More games (guess this could be a negative if we're still s***)

A fresh start.

Negatives:

The loss of TV money

The inevitable loss of players such as Bassong and Enrique

Nicky Butt, Shola Ameobi, Kevin Nolan & Ryan Taylor will still be here.

Us not being on MOTD! (get rid of this negative depending on what the Beeb's highlights package will be like)

Relegated teams often take a long time to adapt to the ways of the Championship.

The mackems are the only North East Club in the Premiership, if they have any sense they'll get themselves noticed in as many of the "50/50" areas of the North East and convert a few young minds. The longer we're down the more chance there is they will become a stronger proposition.

And worst of all:

We won't be on the next PES.

s*** the bed, I hate football.

That's why Fifa is the way forward.

This all all Mike's fault, the man is a fucking curse of a sports fan. :lol:

I'd resent that if there wasn't heaps of evidence.

Sorry for asking this Mike, but are you actually American? Or just posing as an American...when your surname is in fact "Ashley" and your accent is decidedly South-East of Englandish?

:kasper:

:lol: Nothing southern about my accent, GM.

I tried the "I'm Mike Ashley!" gag in a thread once. Didn't even get a nibble iirc.

I am sports poison, though. I will admit that.

This is the culmination of around 6 years of mismanagement and misdealing - in my view, relegation has been on the cards since KK walked and only anyone who imitated an ostrich failed to see it.

The performance was typical of a bunch of uncaring, dysfunctional and untalented mercenaries, recruited by similarly untalented management, overseen by the King of chancers whose luck has finally run out big-time and whose failings have been massively exposed along with those of ALL his employess, Shearer apart.

It will be quite a few years before the club are back in the top league, and probably after it has been sold to people who know how to manage their staff and have an idea of good business when it comes to football(Shepherd does NOT come into that category).

All those who mocked we older fans for seeing this coming have now found out that being a NUFC fan involves plenty of humiliation and consumption of Humble Pie - and there will be plenty of that on offer over the next few years....

Let us hope that those who fall into that category are not saying similar things on this site(or others like it)in another 20 years' time, but I wouldn't bet against that happening..

The more things change, the more they stay the same at NUFC.

Looking at the goal again why did Duff had to pull his leg up to defend a shot going 30 yards away from the goal?  :idiot2:

i'm paranoid

He wasn't to know that. I'm still fuming by how the lot of them collectively failed to close the shot down properly. Summed the whole season up, that lack of heart. They should have been steaming up to Barry and putting their bodies in the way.

THANK YOU!

Freddie Shepherd for putting this club on a spiraling down fall which was never going to be fixed over couple of years with your shit choices for Managers and huge fucking debt with out spending your own money. You cunt!!!.

Stephen Taylor for being a shit defender.

Nicky Butt passing the ball two meters and giving it to the opposition every fucking time.

Duffy Duck for being Duffy Duck useless cunt!.

Joey Barton, enough said. cunt!!!.

Obafemi Martins for being aware of your team mates most of the time.

Alan Smith for all those magnificent goals you scored.

Micheal Owen for being always fit for England the call up.

Kevyn Keegan for being a gutless wonder just because you couldn't get what you wanted you spat the dummy out and left this club in the shit the club you loved so much. Cunt!!!!.

Mike Ashley for your quick decision making..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THANK YOU!

Freddie Shepherd for putting this club on a spiraling down fall which was never going to be fixed over couple of years with your shit choices for Managers and huge fucking debt with out spending your own money. You cunt!!!.

Stephen Taylor for being a shit defender.

Nicky Butt passing the ball two meters and giving it to the opposition every fucking time.

Duffy Duck for being Duffy Duck useless cunt!.

Joey Barton, enough said. cunt!!!.

Kevyn Keegan for being a gutless wonder just because you couldn't get what you wanted you spat the dummy out and left this club in the shit the club you loved so much. Cunt!!!!.

See, I agree with a lot of that but why you've seen fit to slag off Steven Taylor is beyond me.

THANK YOU!

Freddie Shepherd for putting this club on a spiraling down fall which was never going to be fixed over couple of years with your s*** choices for Managers and huge f***ing debt with out spending your own money. You c***!!!.

Stephen Taylor for being a s*** defender.

Nicky Butt passing the ball two meters and giving it to the opposition every f***ing time.

Duffy Duck for being Duffy Duck useless c***!.

Joey Barton, enough said. c***!!!.

Kevyn Keegan for being a gutless wonder just because you couldn't get what you wanted you spat the dummy out and left this club in the s*** the club you loved so much. c***!!!!.

See, I agree with a lot of that but why you've seen fit to slag off Steven Taylor is beyond me.

Because he's shit defender and has made to many mistakes being unaware of his team mates position for one.

See i've just got home...Steven Taylor had a great game today,and would be my captain next season.Nolan,in contrast was knackered after 10 mins.Felt Shearer got team selection wrong today,if Enrique was fit to be sub,then he should have started.I also felt Tayls would have been better equipped to deal with Young,though i felt Edgar played well,but after 70 mins.,he was shagged.Big up to Martins and Butt for their 100% efort,but Oba should havew scored just before half-time,withg that free header.

THANK YOU!

Freddie Shepherd for putting this club on a spiraling down fall which was never going to be fixed over couple of years with your s*** choices for Managers and huge f***ing debt with out spending your own money. You c***!!!.

Stephen Taylor for being a s*** defender.

Nicky Butt passing the ball two meters and giving it to the opposition every f***ing time.

Duffy Duck for being Duffy Duck useless c***!.

Joey Barton, enough said. c***!!!.

Kevyn Keegan for being a gutless wonder just because you couldn't get what you wanted you spat the dummy out and left this club in the s*** the club you loved so much. c***!!!!.

Because he's shit defender and has made to many mistakes being unaware of his team mates position for one.

So fuck.  Countless mistakes have been made on and off the pitch.

Taylor's the least of our problems right now like.  In fact he's one of the only players who's put in a respectable shift since Shearer came in.

The last two seasons have been like discovering the love of my life was a heroin addict, and trying to help her through it - but now she's off to rehab, which is better AND worse. Knowing she probably won't be the same girl when she gets out doesn't help either :(

See i've just got home...Steven Taylor had a great game today,and would be my captain next season.Nolan,in contrast was knackered after 10 mins.Felt Shearer got team selection wrong today,if Enrique was fit to be sub,then he should have started.I also felt Tayls would have been better equipped to deal with Young,though i felt Edgar played well,but after 70 mins.,he was shagged.Big up to Martins and Butt for their 100% efort,but Oba should havew scored just before half-time,withg that free header.

The one on the stroke of half time was a sitter. Bad miss. Taylor did ok today, he tried his heart out. Only a couple of them can say that now.

The one on the stroke of half time was a sitter. Bad miss. Taylor did ok today, he tried his heart out. Only a couple of them can say that now.

That's the one i mean mate.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm not actually feeling that depressed, a bit down, but we deserved to get relegated which is taking a lot of the sting out of it.

it wasn't like we tried our hardest and just couldn't manage it, we've been shit all season, we haven't tried all season, the players dont care so fuck them quite frankly (with a few exceptions). we still get to watch the same team next season, for less money (per game anyway) for those fans who attend regulary, we'll hopefully win some games next season as well.

of course its gutting to leave the premiership, but we'll hopefully be back soon and fingers crossed that the owen's, martin's, sholas's, barton's, colo's, nolan's etc... of this world end up at the clubs they deserve.

we were relegated because we're shit, we should have been down a month ago and would have been in any other season.

I can't help but feel that I've seen this day coming since the Jan transfer window shut.  We had so many players like Owen, Barton, Beye etc. all out injured and we didn't spend the money from Milner, N'Zogbia and Given sales on some decent players to keep us up.  Offering Ameobi a 3 year deal symbolises our total lack of ambition or ideas.

Just hope we can clear out the shit and put together a side that can come straight back up next season.  If we think it's shit now, imagine this time in 2010 if we failed to win promotion. 

:kinnear:

I was quite shocked today.

When we played Stoke at our place this season, they were the worst team I've seen us play for about 10 years, no exaggeration whatsoever. They had zero talent, zero ability, but they stuck at it and at least had spirit, and - undeservedly, admittedly - got a point.

Then when we played Hull, they were very, very marginally less bad than Stoke were, but again, you could tell they had some spirit. They lost but you could tell it hurt, and they at least had a real go at us when they realised they had 20 mins left to get something from the game.

Newcastle, however, totally different story, no spirit, no sign of fight, no struggle, not even in the second half, absolutely nothing whatsoever. Really quite shocking, they didn't even look that bothered at final whistle.

That's the shame, the squad isn't very good, too many non performers, but on paper it looks way, way ahead of Stoke and Hull, but it is worth nothing without that element of fight and spirit.

They've let you down massively, and the best thing you can hope for is to be rid of the majority of them.

Thanks Brummie. Agree 100%. Players were better than what they showed. But 90% know they will move on due to relegation.

It took Man United 18 years from being relegated to being the best team in England. Anyone patient?

Been reading quite a few fan forums, and although people are having a laugh, 99% of them are gutted for Newcastle fans.