Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In my opinion Colo is more important player than Nolan and Barton. We all know we can not get best out of Nolan after two years but Colo can perform like this for then next 4 years I hope the club will give him new long term contract.

he'll be gone or being sold this time next year,  will be entering last year of his contract and will have to probably take a 35-50% pay cut to stay.  He'll not agree terms although Pardew will say we've offered him a fantastic deal and he will be sold for £3m.

His time here is limited. Won't be here come September 2012.

Aye, no way Ashley will want to keep paying his big wages. Still one more season from him will be nice, top quality player.

I think there is definitely a possibility that Ashley will look to move Colo on because of his age.

Hopefully his ridiculously high wages will keep him here.

it's unlikely he'll get those wages elsewhere. he may well be offered a contract, nolan was offered a decent one and barton was offered one aswell. he'll have to realise it won't be on his current terms though.

Difference between Coloccini, and Barton & Nolan for me is that it would cost a lot of money, and would be hard to get a better player than him, whereas Barton & Nolan aren't irreplaceable in the first-team.

Hopefully we'll take that view. CBs like Colo are very hard to find.

http://news-futbol.blogspot.com/2011/06/sevilla-piensa-en-el-fichaje-de.html

So much wrong with this first paragraph it's untrue. :lol:

"The ex-Deportivo man can return to La Liga, and more specifically, Sevilla are interested in signing the Argentine centre-back who has played for several Premier League clubs, currently Newcastle, and would be available for a modest €1-2m."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"The ex-Deportivo man can return to La Liga, and more specifically, Sevilla are interested in signing the Argentine centre-back who has played for several Premier League clubs, currently Newcastle, and would be available for a modest €1-2m."

Oh my :lol:

Anyone at the club who believes he needs selling before he gets in to his 30's is a absolute mongoloid! He can be the foundations of a great defensive backline for a good 3 years or more. Its not as if his game is built around pace and athleticism.

Absolutely spot on. Surely the board and manager can differentiate between a 30 yr old attacker's value to the club, and a fit, ever-present 30 yr old ball-playing center-half. Would be absolute madness to sell a player of his calibre. He is also an international name, and surely part of the pull to the club.

:lol: :lol: wow.

Difference between Coloccini, and Barton & Nolan for me is that it would cost a lot of money, and would be hard to get a better player than him, whereas Barton & Nolan aren't irreplaceable in the first-team.

Hopefully we'll take that view. CBs like Colo are very hard to find.

Coloccini at 30 will be in better shape than Nolan at 25. The man's fitness record is superb. He is absolutely one of our blue chip players and one of the few who deserve top contracts.

Guest WashyGeordie

"The ex-Deportivo man can return to La Liga, and more specifically, Sevilla are interested in signing the Argentine centre-back who has played for several Premier League clubs, currently Newcastle, and would be available for a modest €12m."

Now we're talking.