Pre-season friendlies now all confirmed - see Championship guide sticky

James

Would love it if they came here. Remember some years ago when Newcastle played Valerenga in the UEFA cup.  7 hour journey by car, and it was totally worth it. I think there were almost as many Newcastle as Valerenga fans at Ullevaal that night.

I was at that Vålerenga game, great stuff really.

would be even more supporters if you would have a game at Ullevaal now.

I was there too  :smug:

Me too. remember Klanen (Vålerenga fans) was really goods that day, i still dislike them though ;)

Pretty good at the away tie too if i remember correct.

I was there too..

Guest deporik

I'm not convinced Depor will want us anymore, tbh.

I'm pretty sure you'd be welcomed with open arms. The only thing that might stop your participation is the dates of the Teresa Herrera (tournament) as it could clash with the start of the Championship. However, from a commercial point of view, Depor would love to have you over there because despite the obvious dissapointment of this season, you are still a big name with a few players familiar to La Liga and probably the greatest thing going for Newcastle is the quality and quantity of you lot; the fans.

BTW A.Madrid are confirmed, so if you come over, you'll be playing at least one game against Spanish opposition.

I'm not convinced Depor will want us anymore, tbh.

I'm pretty sure you'd be welcomed with open arms. The only thing that might stop your participation is the dates of the Teresa Herrera (tournament) as it could clash with the start of the Championship. However, from a commercial point of view, Depor would love to have you over there because despite the obvious dissapointment of this season, you are still a big name with a few players familiar to La Liga and probably the greatest thing going for Newcastle is the quality and quantity of you lot; the fans.

BTW A.Madrid are confirmed, so if you come over, you'll be playing at least one game against Spanish opposition.

Ideal preparation for Doncaster and Barnsley...can't see it happening tbh.

Apparently we have a game lined up against Scunthorpe but after they won promotion there manager said that it would probably be off now!

We're bound to play Hartlepool away as one of the first pre season games,  that seems to happen every year!

Guest getalife

prett sure PSG is pencilled in as part of the rozenhal deal.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4815/624908.jpg

Brilliant........... :laugh:

Apparently we have a game lined up against Scunthorpe but after they won promotion there manager said that it would probably be off now!

We're bound to play Hartlepool away as one of the first pre season games,  that seems to happen every year!

You've clearly just made that up! :D Unless you've got a link of course?

I would love us to play Rangers, because I know a couple of Rangers fans, not so much Celtic as we have played them too many times in the past.

I would also love to see a return of the Newcastle/Gateshead Cup.

Guest toonlass

Gateshead and Hartlepool are pretty much nailed on, as they have become kinda regular friendlies over the past few years.

1 game vs Depor

1 game vs an Irish league team

2 games vs Scandinavian teams

1 game against a local team - Darlington to boost their coffers?

1 game against an Italian team at home

imo

Guest toonlass

Am sure Shearer said that we'd be playing low-key lower league teams during the pre-season......

and the actual season too

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Knowing the current regime, the friendlies will be against Blyth, Whitley Bay, Sunderland Nissan and Gateshead.