Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Scott Dann joining Birmingham for £4m!!!  :kasper:

Over £3m profit in 18 months, canny going for Coventry.

Bad sign for us though, once we've finally got rid of our shite the players were going to be looking at are going to cost fortunes if that fee is anything to go by.

Scott Dann joining Birmingham for £4m!!!  :kasper:

Over £3m profit in 18 months, canny going for Coventry.

Bad sign for us though, once we've finally got rid of our s**** the players were going to be looking at are going to cost fortunes if that fee is anything to go by.

and itll be very hard to get daniel fox from them

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5377805,00.html

Skysports.com understands out-of-contract winger Kyel Reid is being targeted by a number of clubs.

Reid is available on a free transfer after his previous deal at West Ham United expired at the end of last season.

A string of sides are believed to be monitoring the 21-year-old's situation, with Wolves, Birmingham, Burnley, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Newcastle all credited with an interest.

Reid signed professional terms with the Hammers in 2005 and has since had loan spells at Barnsley, Crystal Palace, Blackpool and Wolves.

Never heard of him.

Guest MrSundlofer

Real Madrid have had a manager for two weeks.

Who?

Manuel Pellegrini. Was the manager at Villareal this season.

Reid's wiki page

In November 2008, Reid's 21st birthday celebrations at the Ghost Bar nightclub in South Kensington resulted in a large gang fight in which two people were injured, one being hit by a car and the other stabbed in the neck

Real Madrid have had a manager for two weeks.

don`t think he`s had any say or control on transfers like he had at Villareal....Perez is the one choosing the players to go for and not Pellegrini...not that he would have turned down kaka and ronaldo mind ;)

Guest westamfan

Kyel Reid was once praised as one of the best players at the u17's World Cup by Javier Clemente alongside Mark Noble.

He's had a few games for West Ham, showed us he has a fantastic delivery on him, but he never really adjusted to the pace of the game and I think he was a bit out of his depth in the premiership. He didn't seem to have the balls to take on a guy.

He's free, he's young, won't cost much in wages and he's got potential. This is the kind of guy you should be taking a gamble on really. As I've been saying on here all along, freebies and loans is what half of your team will be next season. I can't see the club paying out any money at all.

Kyel Reid was once praised as one of the best players at the u17's World Cup by Javier Clemente alongside Mark Noble.

He's had a few games for West Ham, showed us he has a fantastic delivery on him, but he never really adjusted to the pace of the game and I think he was a bit out of his depth in the premiership. He didn't seem to have the balls to take on a guy.

He's free, he's young, won't cost much in wages and he's got potential. This is the kind of guy you should be taking a gamble on really. As I've been saying on here all along, freebies and loans is what half of your team will be next season. I can't see the club paying out any money at all.

We don't even know who the owners are going to be so how can you say that?

Guest westamfan

We don't even know who the owners are going to be so how can you say that?

You'll be lucky to find new owners IMO.

Guest Heneage

sorry, but that's absolute nonsense, £100m represents a very good opportunity for investment.

Should be £80m.

And WestAmfan is just smug because he now has owners when a month or 3 back his club was as safe as a toddler in a lion den.

Guest westamfan

sorry, but that's absolute nonsense, £100m represents a very good opportunity for investment.

Should be £80m.

And WestAmfan is just smug because he now has owners when a month or 3 back his club was as safe as a toddler in a lion den.

We're currently owned by a asset holding business. Doesn't sound that great to me, certainly not enough to act smug.

For me, if I were interested in buying NUFC, I would do exactly what most football clubs will do to the players at Newcastle this summer.

If you wait a little longer the price will be even cheaper. I can see mid table in the championship by xmas, financially crippled, fans not turning up and the ones that do will be holding protests. Ashley will slash the price even more.

Should be £80m.

We're currently owned by a asset holding business. Doesn't sound that great to me, certainly not enough to act smug.

For me, if I were interested in buying NUFC, I would do exactly what most football clubs will do to the players at Newcastle this summer.

If you wait a little longer the price will be even cheaper. I can see mid table in the championship by xmas, financially crippled, fans not turning up and the ones that do will be holding protests. Ashley will slash the price even more.

sounds about right

Guest Stephen927

Should be £80m.

Exactly, the ball is in any potential buyers court. Why rush through a sale right now, unless someone else is close to buying the club. The price can only go down, the longer Ashley owns NUFC the more money he loses out on as we slowly slide down the league and then down the Football League. Wouldn't be surprised if people are bidding £100m primarily to carry out due dilligence and check out the books, then pull out and come back a few months down the line and say £50m, final offer.

Ched Evans?

Young, decent height, good scoring record for Wales U21's, already got a few international caps, banged in a few for Norwich. Apparently available for £3m, probably already mentioned in this thread :D

Doesn't seem to get on with Steven Taylor though.

Guest Heneage

Good shout, I seem to remember reading on BBC that Sheffield United had already had a £1.5m offer accepted so he would be cheap.

Ched Evans?

Young, decent height, good scoring record for Wales U21's, already got a few international caps, banged in a few for Norwich. Apparently available for £3m, probably already mentioned in this thread :D

Doesn't seem to get on with Steven Taylor though.

Can remember him making a positive impact when he came on against us at our place.

Wouldn't really surprise me if we don't have scouts in Sweden today...as it's such a messy stage at the club right now and Ashley couldn't care a less about the club's long term future at the moment!