RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sounds to me like a sale is a bit away...

We are gonna have next to no preperation for next season, wonder if the new owners would allow the majority of the current playing staff to stay on the wage bill for this season and try and get back up?

I'm not sure that the current squad are good enough to get us up tho.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are gonna have next to no preperation for next season, wonder if the new owners would allow the majority of the current playing staff to stay on the wage bill for this season and try and get back up?

The longer they allow it to drag on the more likely the players on high wages are to stay and sit on their contracts

Guest Magpiecn

The longer they allow it to drag on the more likely the players on high wages are to stay and sit on their contracts

This is what I'm worry about. :dave:

But if enquiries came in surely Ashley could just authorise a sale?

And assuming that, it would be of more concern to me if he sold a player that was happy to stay and the new manager, (be it Shearer or A.N. Other), wanted to keep.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wasn't Harris the man who was bullshitting us about Middle Eastern gazillionaires bringing back KK?

Was it not the press doing that didn't he come out and say it was s****?

If you google sportsweek you can listen to the full interview, about 5 minutes long

He says he hopes to know the identities of all the people involved in the bids next week

Oh and one negative  :thdn:

He is bigging the club up, attendances, infrastructure all in place etc which could suggest he is still trying to drum up support

Wasn't Harris the man who was bullshitting us about Middle Eastern gazillionaires bringing back KK?

If you google sportsweek you can listen to the full interview, about 5 minutes long

He says he hopes to know the identities of all the people involved in the bids next week

The interview is in the article you posted.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its not the full full interview, they have edited it slightly down to about 3.30 mins. There is additional information on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/sportsweek.shtml

Click on:

Listen again: sundays show

About 16 minutes in

He says that '2-3 interested parties' and 'sale by end of June' are two guesses Richardson gets right. So doesn't actually confirm them, but suggests things could be sorted soonish.

Its not the full full interview, they have edited it slightly down to about 3.30 mins. There is additional information on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/sportsweek.shtml

Click on:

Listen again: sundays show

Ah right, cheers. I'll update the OP.

i trust this because its bbc and not a rag. thought that was all very positive news until the bit about transfers. will people like beckford/skjelbred/mccarthy/whoever we're after really wait a month if others want them now?? that might be a problem. but at least this time we'll get sold (touch wood!)  :celb:

I like the sound of Harris. Reminds me of Mort a lot. No bullshit.

:laugh:

I've not been following Ashley's latest round of tall tales but back in September, Harris was the NUFC equivalent of Kenny Snr from Phoenix Nights.

Guest firetotheworks

I've not been following Ashley's latest round of tall tales but back in September, Harris was the NUFC equivalent of Kenny Snr from Phoenix Nights.

Have a listen then.

Have a listen then.

No point, I don't believe a word that Ashley or any of his hired arselickers say.

Guest firetotheworks

Have a listen then.

No point, I don't believe a word that Ashley or any of his hired arselickers say.

Then what grounds do you have to laugh at my opinion on him?