RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The promising thing is that this group were apparently looking at buying us (or investing) before. You'd therefore imagine they've seen a lot of how the club works and what is going on/wrong already.

That's surely much better than someone we've never heard of deciding to just buy us on a whim like Ashley did.

You're right very promising and the fact that the debt's been cleared and only 100m to pay instead of 200-300 plus will probably force their hand allot more irrespective of if we're a premiership club or not.

lee ryder on SSN

said they came over from singapore last july but they weren't interested in buying,

shearer is their number 1 managerial choice,

feels shearer's demands have been exaggerated,

the e-mail fiasco is "another kick in the teeth for the Geordie Nation"

all in all, nothing ground-breaking there

not getting my hopes up, but at least this coming out will hopefully get things going, if others are interested it may kick them into action

Also, I'm heartened by the representation the club already has there. Just on that web page there is Dalglish who has managed here and worked extensively with Shearer, and that former Commercial Director.

I know people say it doesn't matter as long as they get the job done and tbh I agree, but it's still nice to think there could potentially be people coming in who really know what the club means to its fans. That's something Ashley and his cronies have spectacularly failed to grasp.

Also, I'm heartened by the representation the club already has there. Just on that web page there is Dalglish who has managed here and worked extensively with Shearer, and that former Commercial Director.

I know people say it doesn't matter as long as they get the job done and tbh I agree, but it's still nice to think there could potentially be people coming in who really know what the club means to its fans. That's something Ashley and his cronies have spectacularly failed to grasp.

People who do not just know this club bit who know football and at a very high level, its all good man all good. So its fkn bound to go wrong.

Sounds promising, but not much to say when it's still at the rumour stage. And lest we forget we thought Ashley was our saviour when he arrived.

Could be great though... certainly hope so.

Agreed, but surely another owner couldn't do any worse  :cheesy:

Okay ... so I don't know how religious people on here are, but even if it's the only time you ever do it, say a prayer tonight!

As someone has already said. If this happens relegation might have actually been worth it.

I'm hopeful.

Sounds promising, but not much to say when it's still at the rumour stage. And lest we forget we thought Ashley was our saviour when he arrived.

Agreed, but surely another owner couldn't do any worse  :cheesy:

Don't, just don't.

Could be all tied up before the weekend.

If Ashley gets what he wants for the club and they check out there's nothing hidden in the books then nothing to really stop it, also with no manager to have to get rid off it should be an easy takeover compared to some.

"Better the devil you know" does not apply to Mike Ashley. he's the worst of the worst.

I'd love to see him bankrupt and living on the streets of Tyneside in a few years.....can he play the accordion?

Every little bit of news (rumour) about the club in the preceding fortnight had been tragic, so it's nice to read this today. Fingers crossed there's an upturn in our fortunes/luck on its way.

Could be all tied up before the weekend.

If Ashley gets what he wants for the club and they check out there's nothing hidden in the books then nothing to really stop it, also with no manager to have to get rid off it should be an easy takeover compared to some.

I wouldn't get your hopes up to much thinking it will be done by the weekend we don't even know it's happening at all yet.

So who would we want in what roles?

Kenny Dalglish as DOF?

Steve McMahon as Chairman?

Vince McMahon as HT entertainment?

Oh and Darren Venn?

Probably far too early to speculate mind.

Kenny Dalglish as DOF?

Oh and Darren Venn?

Instead of walking out to Local Hero, we could come out to "No Chance!"

Kenny Dalglish as DOF?

Oh and Darren Venn?

Shearer as manager, and Dalglish/McMahon in executive roles advising the board. Doesn't need to be anything more complicated than that tbh.