RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So...nobody else even interested in the idea the club could ultimately be run (or partly run) by a supporters' trust a la Barcelona?

???

Nope. Not until there is a bit more substance to it than quotes from some faceless source.

So who would we want in what roles?

Kenny Dalglish as DOF?

Steve McMahon as Chairman?

Vince McMahon as HT entertainment?

Oh and Darren Venn?

Probably far too early to speculate mind.

Vinnie Mac is worth about $600million, so I sent WWE an e-mail in my boredom, suggesting it would be a good idea to buy us out. How sad am I?

I don't know who follows American sports, but there was recently a bit of a slanging match between him and Arsenal's Stan Kroenke......it'd be a good way to get revenge. However, I don't know his relationship with Hicks, Gillett, Lerner, the Glazers etc.

Anything to get rid of Fat Mike. Maybe he could join McMahon's "Kiss my Ass Club"!

No Chance!

Guest Heneage

Ashley's released a statement to SNN emailed David Craig again, on the yellow ticker, "I red sum of the emailz on the bog wen i was havin a s*** and some1 said they pay me 100 million so I say no make it 200 million because I am the businessman." Updates to follow.

Do you write jokes for the Guardian?

Think this is just free exposure for the Profit Group, been all through their website, (which is naff btw), and there doesn't seem to be any real substance to it. If their foremost aim is to make money for their clients, and doing so primarily by investing in property, NUFC shouldn't even be appearing on their radar.

Project Hero

European football and the Barclays Premier League (BPL) in particular, is the most watched entertainment content on the planet. The players, apart from becoming global household names have become highly paid and very highly marketable individuals.

The BPL clubs now employ players from all across the world constantly seeking fresh talent that will help them not only on the field, but also drive the commercial value of the club.

Indeed the cost of English and European players has, and continues to spiral, and with these conditions prevalent across most of Europe, clubs are beginning to widen their net in terms of sourcing the best young talent from all across the globe.

All the major clubs in Europe see Asia as their key growth market, and are actively seeking ways in which to market their brands to the mass of football consumers in Asia. A key tool in achieving this will be having Asian players appearing in their squads. Whilst some clubs have employed this tactic purely on commercial grounds, the competitive landscape of European football means that players must also be of the right quality.

Thus we have a situation where European clubs are desperately competing to find great Asian players, as well as seeking the enormous commercial opportunities that Asia holds for them. However, at present there is no talent network or commercial hub for these clubs to utilise.

It is against this backdrop that Project Hero was developed.

Football Stars - Asia's new Icons:

The Asian giant is quickly waking up to the social and commercial lucre of football stars, and especially the phenomenal attraction of a football star of Asian origin. Any Asian player who makes the grade in BPL acquires instant cult status, not only in his own country, but across the region. These players become huge commercial properties in Asia and their commercial worth has been found to far outweigh that of European players of a similar or even higher standard.

Currently, there are very few Asian football players within the BPL, primarily due to the absence of a structured talent scouting network and the relative lack of international standard coaching facilities. It is only through luck, rather than design, that a player from Asia finds his way into a top European League.

Project Hero seeks to identify, showcase and contractually secure the cream of Asian football talent with a view to facilitating their move to clubs within the English Premier League and other European football leagues. With this, Project Hero would derive revenues on both a playing and a commercial basis from their football player assets.

The team behind Project Hero is composed of football enthusiasts who are also among the most recognized faces in the broadcast football business in Asia. They believe that by establishing a structured talent scouting system and providing international coaching standards, they will set the path for the development of Asian football talent which currently does not exist.

In summary Project Hero utilises the talents of the key directors to undertake the following;

1.  Establish the first Asian wide scouting system to ensure that the cream of young Asian football talent is identified and contracted to Project Hero. Heading this drive is a Chief Talent Officer recruited from a leading BPL club. The fact that the scouting system is comparing Asian talent against their European counterparts will ensure that only Asian players with the quality and physical attributes needed to compete with their European counterparts will be selected.

2.  Work with the best talent identified and form up to three Asian select teams across varying age categories which will then be showcased to European clubs through a tour to the UK. During this tour our Asian teams will play against their counterparts at leading Premier League Clubs in order to showcase their talents.

3.  Project Hero will deal with our players on a case-by-case basis, but typically we would look to sell to interested clubs (that are right for the player's development) and keep a significant share in the player by way of a percentage of the sell-on fee.

4.  Project Hero will retain an interest in the player on future deals. Project Hero has identified an enormous opportunity in an increasingly lucrative industry that is the most loved entertainment property in the world. By combining revenue streams from both the playing and commercial angles, operated by professionals with unrivalled contacts and experience in the world of football, we are uniquely placed to nurture and develop Asian talent, as well as maximise the revenue potential of top European players in Asia.

http://www.profitablegroup.com/division-players.aspx

Basically, they want to ship more Asian players into Europe in order to create idols back home, and so sell more merchandise. They also want to ship the players over on Tevez-style deals so they can continue to milk the transfer fees etc.

They obviously see us as a good way in due to our relatively low price, we're due for some low-cost recruitment, and we're a recognised name in Asia.

It makes sense, I suppose.

Project Hero

European football and the Barclays Premier League (BPL) in particular, is the most watched entertainment content on the planet. The players, apart from becoming global household names have become highly paid and very highly marketable individuals.

The BPL clubs now employ players from all across the world constantly seeking fresh talent that will help them not only on the field, but also drive the commercial value of the club.

Indeed the cost of English and European players has, and continues to spiral, and with these conditions prevalent across most of Europe, clubs are beginning to widen their net in terms of sourcing the best young talent from all across the globe.

All the major clubs in Europe see Asia as their key growth market, and are actively seeking ways in which to market their brands to the mass of football consumers in Asia. A key tool in achieving this will be having Asian players appearing in their squads. Whilst some clubs have employed this tactic purely on commercial grounds, the competitive landscape of European football means that players must also be of the right quality.

Thus we have a situation where European clubs are desperately competing to find great Asian players, as well as seeking the enormous commercial opportunities that Asia holds for them. However, at present there is no talent network or commercial hub for these clubs to utilise.

It is against this backdrop that Project Hero was developed.

Football Stars - Asia's new Icons:

The Asian giant is quickly waking up to the social and commercial lucre of football stars, and especially the phenomenal attraction of a football star of Asian origin. Any Asian player who makes the grade in BPL acquires instant cult status, not only in his own country, but across the region. These players become huge commercial properties in Asia and their commercial worth has been found to far outweigh that of European players of a similar or even higher standard.

Currently, there are very few Asian football players within the BPL, primarily due to the absence of a structured talent scouting network and the relative lack of international standard coaching facilities. It is only through luck, rather than design, that a player from Asia finds his way into a top European League.

Project Hero seeks to identify, showcase and contractually secure the cream of Asian football talent with a view to facilitating their move to clubs within the English Premier League and other European football leagues. With this, Project Hero would derive revenues on both a playing and a commercial basis from their football player assets.

The team behind Project Hero is composed of football enthusiasts who are also among the most recognized faces in the broadcast football business in Asia. They believe that by establishing a structured talent scouting system and providing international coaching standards, they will set the path for the development of Asian football talent which currently does not exist.

In summary Project Hero utilises the talents of the key directors to undertake the following;

1.  Establish the first Asian wide scouting system to ensure that the cream of young Asian football talent is identified and contracted to Project Hero. Heading this drive is a Chief Talent Officer recruited from a leading BPL club. The fact that the scouting system is comparing Asian talent against their European counterparts will ensure that only Asian players with the quality and physical attributes needed to compete with their European counterparts will be selected.

2.  Work with the best talent identified and form up to three Asian select teams across varying age categories which will then be showcased to European clubs through a tour to the UK. During this tour our Asian teams will play against their counterparts at leading Premier League Clubs in order to showcase their talents.

3.  Project Hero will deal with our players on a case-by-case basis, but typically we would look to sell to interested clubs (that are right for the player's development) and keep a significant share in the player by way of a percentage of the sell-on fee.

4.  Project Hero will retain an interest in the player on future deals. Project Hero has identified an enormous opportunity in an increasingly lucrative industry that is the most loved entertainment property in the world. By combining revenue streams from both the playing and commercial angles, operated by professionals with unrivalled contacts and experience in the world of football, we are uniquely placed to nurture and develop Asian talent, as well as maximise the revenue potential of top European players in Asia.

http://www.profitablegroup.com/division-players.aspx

Basically, they want to ship more Asian players into Europe in order to create idols back home, and so sell more merchandise. They also want to ship the players over on Tevez-style deals so they can continue to milk the transfer fees etc.

They obviously see us as a good way in due to our relatively low price, we're due for some low-cost recruitment, and we're a recognised name in Asia.

It makes sense, I suppose.

or it's the same as that thing we did with middle east players a while back. just an advertising exercise really for the clubs involved.

Can we afford to be choosy?

We're most certainly beggars at this stage.

Aye.

It's really one of those "The devil you know is obviously a complete fucking cunt so anyone would struggle to do worse" situations in all honesty.

Getting paid to do a poorer version of a gag people have been making all over the internet for more than 24hrs.

Fail.

Was going to say, usually find the guardian football stuff hilarious, but that was painfully unfunny

Aye, the pretend Nigerian businessman angle, no fucker's tried that one like have they? I find the guardian footy coverage very good most of the time as well but that was hella lame.

I really don't care.

Ashley doesn't want to be here.

They want to buy the club.

Any policy they implement can only be judge by whether or not it works.

If they aim to use Newcastle as a launching pad for the careers of talented Asians I couldn't care less... so long as the results are good.

Guest firetotheworks

oldtype will be loving this, some of his much-lauded Korean players might well end up playing for us at last!

Where the fuck is he anyway? He hasn't been on for ages. Does he have one of those 'lives' or something?

oldtype will be loving this, some of his much-lauded Korean players might well end up playing for us at last!

Where the fuck is he anyway? He hasn't been on for ages. Does he have one of those 'lives' or something?

Last Active:  Today at 01:27:28 PM

Every day that goes by with Ashley as the club owner hurts a little bit more, the sooner he is gone the better, Anu owner is a risk we have no way of knowing how good or bad they will be. A filthy rich Arab could buy us and get bored 3 or 4 years down the line, football clubs seems to be the new play toy for the mega rich, but as a toy there is a good chance of it getting broke or just discarded. They will move on to a new exciting play thing and leave the club in a state. The idea of letting a fans trust get involved may just create a much longer more stable club, we will always be here and we will always care what happens.

Last Active:  Today at 01:27:28 PM

Last post: Yesterday at 12:41:34 PM

That just sounds so much like an abused housewife it's disturbing...but then, that's what we've been reduced to over the past few years.

:no:

So...nobody else even interested in the idea the club could ultimately be run (or partly run) by a supporters' trust a la Barcelona?

???

That doesn't make sense from their point of view, I don't understand how they'd expect to make a profit from doing that.

If anyone's watched the Asian coverage of games :shifty: then they'll have seen ads for the Profitable Group, they basically seem to make money by flogging land in the UK to people as an investment opportunity, not sure how well that business model will be holding up at the moment, so unless they've got their fingers in other pies then I'm a bit sceptical about whether they'd have the finance to make us a success.

???

That doesn't make sense from their point of view, I don't understand how they'd expect to make a profit from doing that.

If anyone's watched the Asian coverage of games :shifty: then they'll have seen ads for the Profitable Group, they basically seem to make money by flogging land in the UK to people as an investment opportunity, not sure how well that business model will be holding up at the moment, so unless they've got their fingers in other pies then I'm a bit sceptical about whether they'd have the finance to make us a success.

On that basis alone, it sounds like the proverbial house of cards. What was bugging me earlier in the day when I heard about this supporters' trust idea being mooted was that it could just be an almightly Farepak style disaster waiting to happen.

That just sounds so much like an abused housewife it's disturbing...but then, that's what we've been reduced to over the past few years.

:no:

Doesn't that analogy suggest I'd want to keep Ashley? :laugh: