RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I did a search in Google for 'Ananda Krishnan Newcastle' to get some more news and this was the 4th link:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=420837

:iamatwat:

Interesting to see that 3 of the top 5 threads are about us (including Owen leaving), and that one of the stickies is a t-shirt coverd in every pathetic thing about us getting relegated, basically changing their names to ours with stiuations that they found themselves in not so long ago.

A MALAYSIAN group has emerged as favourites to buy crisis club Newcastle United.

Rival bidders are considering their next move after the Malay consortium paid a flying visit to Tyneside yesterday.

Their offer does not match owner Mike Ashley's £100million asking price, and is believed to be nearer £80million.

And it does nothing to clear up the mystery over Alan Shearer's future at the club. He is currently manager in waiting while caretaker boss Chris Hughton oversees pre-season training.

The new owners' first priority will be to appoint a boss to mastermind a return to the Premier League after relegation last May.

Shearer, who took charge for the final eight games of last season, has been waiting in the wings after initially hoping to be appointed by Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias within days of the end of last season.

Ashley's decision to put the club on the market once again left Shearer in limbo, and while several of the bidders have indicated the Toon legend is their choice, the intentions of others, including the Malaysian group, are unknown.

Shearer remains keen on the job, and will hope to have his answer within days with vital time having already been lost.

While the Malaysians are in the driving seat and are favourites to launch a successful takeover, their move has prompted several of the remaining consortia to step up activity.

An America-based group has been among the front-runners for some time — and representatives are said to have visited the training ground earlier this week — while former chairman Freddy Shepherd, the Profitable Group from Singapore and would-be investors from Oman and South Africa have been heavily linked with the club.

There are suggestions that a European investor has joined a race which seems to be entering the last lap.

Caretaker boss Hughton will take those players who returned to Tyneside on Wednesday morning to their pre-season training camp in Ireland on Sunday, where they will be joined by Damien Duff following his extended break.

They will play Shamrock Rovers in Dublin next Saturday, just four weeks before they open their Coca-Cola Championship campaign at West Brom on August 8.

By then, there are likely to have been significant changes to the playing staff as a wage bill of £74million is severely trimmed.

Shearer told Ashley and Llambias of his plans — who he wanted to keep and potential targets — at the end of last season, but new owners or a different manager may have other ideas.

One of those who seems certain to have no future should Shearer return is controversial midfielder Joey Barton, reportedly a loan target for Birmingham, while the Magpies are being linked with a move for out-of-contract Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell.

Sun a bit slow on the take-up or takeover as the case may be.

If the bid is genuine and these are the same guys who were given a tour of the ground it would suggest that the deal must be imminent otherwise why would we be rolling out the red carpet?

If the bid is genuine and these are the same guys who were given a tour of the ground it would suggest that the deal must be imminent otherwise why would we be rolling out the red carpet?

It'll be done over the weekend and then we'll have another month of the new owners deciding which manager they want. It's the way of this club.

Guest Roger Kint

I've heard its supposed to be headed by Multi-Billionaire Ananda Krishnan

Did you hear that about 6 posts ago? ;)

From .com.

Malaysians in Toon

BBC Radio Newcastle reported on Thursday evening that MD Derek Llambias had shown representatives of a Malaysian bidder round the club earlier in the day.

It's now come to light that a number of the current first team were introduced to the delegation as they toured the training facilities at Darsley Park.

Subsequent claims were made that billionaire businessman Ananda Krishnan was the figure behind the bid, but we don't believe that to be the case.

Who knows.

I did a search in Google for 'Ananda Krishnan Newcastle' to get some more news and this was the 4th link:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=420837

:iamatwat:

Love the panic by them, stupid tossers ;D

Saddest fans I've ever seen. Their forum is truly hilarious. Sometimes I think I should look there for Newcastle news as the mongs are constantly looking for anything Newcastle. More threads on us than them :lol:

From .com.

Malaysians in Toon

BBC Radio Newcastle reported on Thursday evening that MD Derek Llambias had shown representatives of a Malaysian bidder round the club earlier in the day.

It's now come to light that a number of the current first team were introduced to the delegation as they toured the training facilities at Darsley Park.

Subsequent claims were made that billionaire businessman Ananda Krishnan was the figure behind the bid, but we don't believe that to be the case.

Who knows.

Eh, it was them who first mentioned him wasn't it? :lol:

From .com.

Malaysians in Toon

Who knows.

Eh, it was them who first mentioned him wasn't it? :lol:

Aye.

I'm told by my Singaporean girlfriend not to trust Malaysians. We'll see.

Yup, dodgy fuckers, all 28m of them.

Well, there might be one or two that's alright. Then I suppose if there's one or two there might be a few more. In fact, come to think of it maybe you can't really say a whole countries population are all just the same as one another.

I am aware of that. But they're their mackems, sort of. If the Singaporeans are still interested could be an interesting battle.

If bids are only just coming in now, fuck all will happen until next week at the earliest.

Think about it - is there a chance Shearer will be appointed in time for the players going over to Ireland? There's no way things would be that good.

guys, its gut feeling time.....at this very moment, have we finally been sold?

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2009/4/20/BBC-The-Apprentice-Clip-Week-5-Preview-Lorraine-bickering-with-Phil-Wk-17-Apr09-2.jpg

"My gut instinct is telling me.... no."

Guest nwgeordie

Sky Sports News in USA reporting that a European Consortium bid has been derailed because of Patriot Act provisions (whatever they are.)

Since when is there a SSN in America, and is it different? And why would an American law affect a European consortium? ???

Edit - it's something to do with terrorism. WTF? :lol: