RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doesnt back Keegan. Puts club on the market to appease fans.

Doesnt appoint Shearer after relegation. Puts club on the market to appease fans.

Both were holding strategies.

most fans seemed pretty pissed off or worried when he put it up for sale this most recent time though. though it is possible that what  you describe could've been just what Ashley was thinking.

Most fans were woried that the club wouldn't actually get sold and putting it on the market would mean that the club would be end up at a standstill. They were right to be worried as it has turned out.

Lets face it if Moat is the only one involved and buys the club, he's only going to have club revenue to spend on players unless he can get other investors on board.

That wouldn't bother me as Ashley's record of team spend is shocking so Moat can't be any worse, can he?

if reports that llambias is to be replaced are true, is it really impossible to believe we could give the post to a football man like kenyon or dein? they surely must know the potential this club has with its fanbase and ground, the contacts and power those two have within foortball, to attract a high quality manager and players to our club could prove invaluable. we have the potential to be a bigger club than most other english clubs. we have the 3rd largest ground in the country, with 52000 each week in the premier league, this generates massive income in itself. if we get the infrastructure of staff right, then we could be ran correctly, a chief executive like dein or kenyon would be a massive signing. we dont need a football brained chairman, all he would need to do is let a CEO get on with the day to day running of the club. we're due a new shirt sponsor and shirt manufacturer next season, and these people could negotiate some cracking deals at what could be a whole new birth of our club, especially if we can get promoted at the same time. nobody wants to deal with ashley in anything, so if he stays he needs a figurehead that can do all of this for him, if he does sell, then this is the best way forward also

Guest toonlass

When Keith Harris said the deal was going to be done by the end of June he omitted June 2018. Ashley is not going to sell anytime soon, and if it is to Moat we are in big trouble as he has had a job getting the asking price together, never mind the money to make any squad improvements and for the running of the club.

Doesnt appoint Shearer after relegation. Puts club on the market to appease fans.

:no:

He HAS to sell, there's no other option. The "Cockney Mafia Out" banner made his position as owner untenable. He and his family will never be safe in the region again let alone at the ground, and all the protests and boycotts will adversely affect the team until he sells.

He's desperately trying to sell to dozens of mystery buyers from around the globe and his mate Barry - have you not read the papers or listened to those privileged enough to be "in the know"? We just have to be patient and know that the only reason we've not been sold yet is because even in spite of the disgraceful way he has been treated he still loves the club and in his own words "any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal". That's why he's always put a price on the club well in excess of it's value so that any new owner can show they are worthy to run the club as "responsibly at all levels" as Mike himself has.

Unfortunately we've driven out the man who saved us from mid-table premiership football, and sorted out the finances so we now have a wage bill a few million lower than when he took over - albeit with a load less players and a lot less quality - and doubling the debt while halving the revenue. He also saved any new owners the bother of bringing in season ticket money by taking 3 years in advance so they wont have the hassle of having to factor that into next season's income. All in just over 2 years, amazing stuff, just think what he could do if only he was given a bit longer by us ungrateful so-called supporters. We all just need to have patience, trust in Mike & Derek, and know that while we're waiting their good work is continuing behind the scenes (in spite of the best efforts of our ex-chairman who even now is almost certainly to blame for anything which may go wrong).

He HAS to sell, there's no other option. The "Cockney Mafia Out" banner made his position as owner untenable. He and his family will never be safe in the region again let alone at the ground, and all the protests and boycotts will adversely affect the team until he sells.

He's desperately trying to sell to dozens of mystery buyers from around the globe and his mate Barry - have you not read the papers or listened to those privileged enough to be "in the know"? We just have to be patient and know that the only reason we've not been sold yet is because even in spite of the disgraceful way he has been treated he still loves the club and in his own words "any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal". That's why he's always put a price on the club well in excess of it's value so that any new owner can show they are worthy to run the club as "responsibly at all levels" as Mike himself has.

Unfortunately we've driven out the man who saved us from mid-table premiership football, and sorted out the finances so we now have a wage bill a few million lower than when he took over - albeit with a load less players and a lot less quality - and doubling the debt while halving the revenue. He also saved any new owners the bother of bringing in season ticket money by taking 3 years in advance so they wont have the hassle of having to factor that into next season's income. All in just over 2 years, amazing stuff, just think what he could do if only he was given a bit longer by us ungrateful so-called supporters. We all just need to have patience, trust in Mike & Derek, and know that while we're waiting their good work is continuing behind the scenes (in spite of the best efforts of our ex-chairman who even now is almost certainly to blame for anything which may go wrong).

one or two things wrong in there.

how'd he double the debt ?

he hasn't taken 3 seasons worth of ticket money up front.

the last sentence reference to the old regime is a bit silly but is how some see it.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me there or not. My interpretation is that all he has done each time he has announced a sale is to buy himself time to see how things pan out with the fans and on the pitch.

Hence i dont think he will sell us unless someone offers him a get out deal i.e. pays over the odds. 

With the sort of business acumen you only get from billionaires? ;)

From £70m when he took over to £100m or 110m (reports vary) debt to Ashley plus up to £40m overdraft. We don't know how much of the overdraft is currently used up, but if you consider that the overdraft should be at it's maximum prior to the money coming in at the start of a new season from STs, TV, new shirt revenue, etc and you compare like for like (ie end of June accounts where the £70m comes from) I'd be very surprised if the overdraft wasn't £30m+ at the end of June 09 = £130/140m = ~2*£70m

Not all of it, but certainly a significant amount, and certainly a lot more than the advertising revenue about which Des said this:

'We don't have any commercial income at the moment because that was spent to pay for Michael Owen. It was all spent in advance, that's the money from Northern Rock and adidas. That is crazy for any football club because we need that income.

Ad revenue up front - crazy. Season ticket revenue up front - "sorting out" the finances.

the last sentence reference to the old regime is a bit silly but is how some see it.

Yes they are being silly aren't they.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me there or not. My interpretation is that all he has done each time he has announced a sale is to buy himself time to see how things pan out with the fans and on the pitch.

Hence i dont think he will sell us unless someone offers him a get out deal i.e. pays over the odds. 

I agree.

:clap:

Spot on.

Guest Wally_McFool

Spot on.

Ah, but "he who knows" says otherwise  ;D

Even if he did take us off the market again, as soon as another backlash hits him, he'll be coming out with this same s**** again and try to sell, bringing on another drawn out saga of deadlines and instability.

Sorry Towlie

But what damage has that done to him at this point, 

Even if he did take us off the market again, as soon as another backlash hits him, he'll be coming out with this same s**** again and try to sell, bringing on another drawn out saga of deadlines and instability.

Sorry Towlie

But what damage has that done to him at this point, 

The first time he did it, it eventually lead to us being relegated and him losing about £100m.

This time he's gotten lucky with our good start, so it won't have affected him anything. However, it does affect us, the fans, a great deal.

With the sort of business acumen you only get from billionaires? ;)

From £70m when he took over to £100m or 110m (reports vary) debt to Ashley plus up to £40m overdraft. We don't know how much of the overdraft is currently used up, but if you consider that the overdraft should be at it's maximum prior to the money coming in at the start of a new season from STs, TV, new shirt revenue, etc and you compare like for like (ie end of June accounts where the £70m comes from) I'd be very surprised if the overdraft wasn't £30m+ at the end of June 09 = £130/140m = ~2*£70m

Not all of it, but certainly a significant amount, and certainly a lot more than the advertising revenue about which Des said this:

'We don't have any commercial income at the moment because that was spent to pay for Michael Owen. It was all spent in advance, that's the money from Northern Rock and adidas. That is crazy for any football club because we need that income.

Ad revenue up front - crazy. Season ticket revenue up front - "sorting out" the finances.

Yes they are being silly aren't they.

you are saying wew didn't have an overdraft under the previous regime ? i also wonder if the purchases we made ie barton,smith etc were paid up front and what effect that would have on the accounts as opposed to staggering the payments ?

tickets money up front....at present i'm paying now for next years ticket (i think). i don't know anyone that took up the offer of paying the lt up front. then again i get my match tickets for it. more than i got with my  bond of a few years back.

who is saying where we are now is solely down to the previous regime ?