RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My info is that a former Chief Executive at Darlington (not the dodgy one) is involved possibly as the new CE.  A deal appears to be on so here's hoping.

Yeah i did mean on future player recruitment, the £250m he paid for the club was slighlty over valued tbh  :dowie:

for me, the times where clubs spend 15millions++ on players have passed, and eventually i think a club driven like that will eventually bite the dust.

VERY funny!!!!!

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1218370/Barry-Moat-lodges-formal-takeover-bid-Newcastle-end-Mike-Ashley-era-beckons.html?ITO=1490

Barry Moat lodges formal takeover bid for Newcastle as end of Mike Ashley era beckons

By Michael Walker

Last updated at 11:11 PM on 05th October 2009

Barry Moat submitted a formal bid for Newcastle United on Monday, a positive development in the Tyneside businessman's attempt to purchase the club from owner Mike Ashley.

It is not thought to be the £100million Ashley was demanding when he put the club on the market in May but, with Newcastle saying two weeks ago that all parties had then reached 'sale and purchase stage', it appears the end of the Ashley regime is close.

Moat's arrival would signal the return of Alan Shearer as manager.

And Moat is said to have satisfied Barclays Bank's criteria after various problems trying to get the money together, so Ashley has only to sanction the sale.

This worries me. How will he fund the day to day running of the club, and how much would we have to invest in new players?

I couldnt give a flying how much money he has to spend as long as he runs the club correctly, Ashley has a lot more money than were lead to believe Moat has, but how much has he spent on transfers ?

Get a grip we need shot of Ashley asap, the guy is a lying bafoon of the highest possible order.

When Sir John sold to Ashley we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. We all hated Fat Fred. I want rid of Ashley as much as anyone, but I don't want the club dragged into further s****.

What would Moat do differently that would drag us into further s****? If he hasn't got his own money to invest, it's not like Ashley is investing any of his, however much he's worth.

only spent around a 250 millon on the club

He spent it thinking he was going to make money at the end of the day, as soon as it became clear that it wasn't a money spinner he stopped investing and started asset stripping.

Don't know why people are getting so excited. We already knew Moat wanted to buy the club and we know that Ashley won't sell unless he gets an offer he can't refuse. Are we there yet?  Not quite, this still looks like negotiations in progress to me.

Who's getting excited? :lol:

I am

And I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

Oooh Yeah

Lets be honest Moat has been doing due diligence down to the last f***ing penny for what seem like a eternity unlike bishbashbosh Mike who just bought the lot on in quick sale & didn't realise he got screwed by Hall & had a f***ing timebomb in Shep on his hands.

And that's only good news IMO. I can't understand the people who think that because it's taking him a long time that he therefore can't afford it etc. As I've said in that other thread really.

Yup, lets hope he puts a Moat round our castle.

Aye but the cunt can't afford to fill it with water!

Guest Roger Kint

Lets be honest Moat has been doing due diligence down to the last f***ing penny for what seem like a eternity unlike bishbashbosh Mike who just bought the lot on in quick sale & didn't realise he got screwed by Hall & had a f***ing timebomb in Shep on his hands.

And that's only good news IMO. I can't understand the people who think that because it's taking him a long time that he therefore can't afford it etc. As I've said in that other thread really.

Aye but the c*** can't afford to fill it with water!

Do you know who is backing him?

Marcus Agius

Guest Roger Kint

Marcus Agius

;D

What am sick of hearing is who do we want? Shearer or Hughton?

People keep saying hes doing such a good job but lets be honest we the players we have it would be more than a disgrace if we where not top of the league in this division.  Dont get me wrong I like Hughton and he has done well but end of the day of course he will be happy to carry on hes getting paid good money for it!

Bring in Shearer

What am sick of hearing is who do we want? Shearer or Hughton?

People keep saying hes doing such a good job but lets be honest we the players we have it would be more than a disgrace if we where not top of the league in this division.  Dont get me wrong I like Hughton and he has done well but end of the day of course he will be happy to carry on hes getting paid good money for it!

Bring in Shearer

Before the start of the season, people were worried about Hughton because of his record last season.  On that basis, Shearer cannot be dismissed as a failure before he gets a chance to do the job properly.

I'd happily have Shearer but not for the wages which were been bandied around in the summer (got a feeling it was £2-3 million ish). He's an inexperienced manager so should be paid accordingly, not based on his status as our best player of modern times.

How is Shearer historically part of the club's problems?   ???

To much say in the dressing room during bobbys tenure, if you believe rumour.

Which i think we all agree was the begining of the end.

Guest neesy111

him and souness got on very well, and had just started working together on SkySports before he got the job, certainly could of influenced the c*** getting the job

That's exactly what it is though - a rumour. And I'd also expect the club captain as having plenty say in the dressing room. Surely it's his job?!

What is it with some people who support this football club? They choose to attack the very people that have done so much for it in the past - Keegan, Shearer and Sir Bobby to name three. Utterly bizarre. :thdn:

I would say that the fans who were moaning about a 5th place finish were more a reason to blame for SBR's sacking than Shearer.

I honestly think we are heading down the Glenn Roeder route here again. There is no point saying oh keep hughton get a manager in the summer- as if we are promoted Hughton will keep the job. Well be rock bottom by xmas theyll sack him and well be in another state as per usual. If we dont get promoted then,well then I would imagine we will have a new manager. I can see what people are saying with the dont upset the apple cart bits,but I honestly, nice guy as he is, dont think Hughton should be our manager.long or short term.Personally though I think we will struggle a lot sooner than people think- I know this league is poor,but I have a feeling that we may have been found out already and the better teams will not be bullied by our physical midfield and will run at us at pace- getting behind our slow midfield.We will hit a sticky patch at some stage. In fact we might even be at the beginning of one with the two 0-0 draws-then there is also the risk that if we are not sold Ashley will sell a couple of players in January and the loan replacements we get in will not be enough to get us up. Then all bets are off.

I would say that the fans who were moaning about a 5th place finish were more a reason to blame for SBR's sacking than Shearer.

Really? The moaning after Souness got the job was far worse, and he lasted a long time, considering.

Really? The moaning after Souness got the job was far worse, and he lasted a long time, considering.

Eh? The moaning about Souness was the reason to blame for SBR's sacking?

What?

agree with the bit in bold.... but i don't think he lasted that long considering he was sacked in his first full season. He was never going to go in the same season he was appointed.